• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stroker

Stroker

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:38 PM

How does everyone make their shroom tea. About ten years ago, my first time growing. I made tea with 15 grams. Broke them up, boiled water, poured over top and let sit. Stained add sugar cooled and enjoyed. Got myself and two friends to outer space lol. Couple years ago tried the same thing twice. Nobody felt a thing? Was the water too hot? What could I have done wrong. Wanting a go at it again as soon as it's cool enough to enjoy a night outside.
  • Uncle G and MushLuvR like this

#2 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,749 posts

Donator

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:57 AM

I think heating weakens the effects of the mushrooms.  My personal experience is once you branch off into honey, teas, or some other similar approach its hit or miss.   Yoky mess or potent win.  Or the shits

I have two recommendations for the taste.  1st capsules.  Buy capsules and capsule loader off Amazon + grinder.  Hands down best way IME.  You also get lot of control over how much you wish to digest.  2nd if your just in it for personal use branch off into Pans.  Lot better tasting mushroom than cubes.  And you don't have to digest as much.  

• bezevo, Stroker and MushLuvR like this

#3 Stroker

Stroker

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:28 AM

Thanks, I definitely need to try some other species!
  • MushLuvR likes this

#4 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 2,675 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:49 PM

Heat doesn't hurt, water extracts well, but takes time. The same dosage dry, should give about the same trip but come on faster.

Steeping wastes actives unless you eat the mushroom material.

Bring your water to a boil, drop your dried shrooms in and turn down to a simmer, they need to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. May need to add a bit of liquid, but its okay to let it reduce to a shot. A teaspoon of honey actually makes the strained liquid tastes pretty pleasant.
  • roc, Uncle G, Juthro and 2 others like this

#5 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,749 posts

Donator

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:59 PM

Man these was harder to find than they used to be.  

Capture.GIF

• Moonless, Stroker and MushLuvR like this

#6 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,749 posts

Donator

Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:11 PM

Heat doesn't hurt, water extracts well, but takes time. The same dosage dry, should give about the same trip but come on faster.

Steeping wastes actives unless you eat the mushroom material.

Bring your water to a boil, drop your dried shrooms in and turn down to a simmer, they need to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. May need to add a bit of liquid, but its okay to let it reduce to a shot. A teaspoon of honey actually makes the strained liquid tastes pretty pleasant.

You got be careful or works one time and doesn't work the next.   Kinda like the original post.  My thoughts are why increase what you got to digest of something that tastes like shit anyways?    

What's the goal?  However, compare it to drinking a Cacti it's like drinking Lemonade on hot summer day.  

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 2,675 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:17 PM

For me its dentally challenged thing. The long simmer lets toss the mushroom material in the trash. Just cant chew up the dry. Of still do some dry, but grind fine and hit with some lime juice and toss the whole works back.
  • Uncle G, Juthro and MushLuvR like this

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,184 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:21 AM

Did you try eating any of the same batch of mushrooms?   In my understanding, 212*F isn't enough to degrade the magic molecules, and as long as you weren't using a pressure vessel you're not going to get anything boiling in water hotter then that.

Potency is subjective, and all mushrooms can pack a slightly different punch for their weight, but IME I've never found a tea that was cooked long and hard that I felt was weak sauce.  Though some were definitely stronger then others.  But a non event dose makes me wonder about the mushrooms themselves.

I do my procedure much like jkdeth, and I totally agree that mixed with a little honey(or sugar), and a shot of lemon it is a quite enjoyable drink.  Better then some of the herbal teas my wife buys, lol.

IME a long and slow simmer gives me the best results.  I boil the water hard first, then turn down the heat,  add the mushrooms, and let 'em simmer slow for good while.   30 min(ish) works good as a target time.

Edited by Juthro, 06 August 2022 - 12:22 AM.

• Myc, Uncle G, Stroker and 1 other like this

#9 Stroker

Stroker

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 03:21 PM

I'm guessing I was impatient and didn't let the mushrooms simmer long enough. Yes tried the same batch on a fishing trip a couple weeks later. Let's just say we didnt do much fishing!
  • phlegmbae, Uncle G, Juthro and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!