• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:50 PM

Hello, I request Advice about Stalled Colonized Substrate. I placed the colonized substrate, coir/verm and coir/very top layer in the mono tub on the date of 7-27-22, today is 8/8/22. The substrate looks to be fully colonized since 8/4/22 and it hasn't started to pin yet.  Can anyone help me understand how to help the substrate start to pin and fruit?  Any advice is welcome (excuse the pictures I didn't want to unseal the monotub to take an inside picture because I didn't want to introduce any contaminates)  Thank You in advance.  

Attached Thumbnails

• img.jpg
  • m1.jpg

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:02 PM

Unless that thing contaminates I would let it ride.....I'd be singing to it and playing cool tunes on a flute or something......

Even if that bad boy looks like it goes south on you inside I'd absolutely take it outside, gently get it out of the tub, and bury it in a hole in the ground so the top is about an inch below level ....

In full time shade with minimal wind, covered with a layer of chopped/pulled up grass and weeds......if you live in such an area....kept wet with a spray mister, no puddles.... BOOMERS are known to pop....

Patience is a virtue in mushroom propagation......it's a bitch....but a virtue.....I'd damn sure wait that one out myself...

Just my two cents...

A

Edited by Arathu, 09 August 2022 - 08:03 PM.

• Uncle G, wilspeak and MushLuvR like this

#3 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,749 posts

Donator

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:28 PM

Hello, I request Advice about Stalled Colonized Substrate. I placed the colonized substrate, coir/verm and coir/very top layer in the mono tub on the date of 7-27-22, today is 8/8/22. The substrate looks to be fully colonized since 8/4/22 and it hasn't started to pin yet.  Can anyone help me understand how to help the substrate start to pin and fruit?  Any advice is welcome (excuse the pictures I didn't want to unseal the monotub to take an inside picture because I didn't want to introduce any contaminates)  Thank You in advance

You can the lid off and fan it and won't be the source of contamination.  It may need a little fanning.   

My buddy Arathu got some good stuff

• wilspeak and MushLuvR like this

#4 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:05 PM

Unless that thing contaminates I would let it ride.....I'd be singing to it and playing cool tunes on a flute or something......

Even if that bad boy looks like it goes south on you inside I'd absolutely take it outside, gently get it out of the tub, and bury it in a hole in the ground so the top is about an inch below level ....

In full time shade with minimal wind, covered with a layer of chopped/pulled up grass and weeds......if you live in such an area....kept wet with a spray mister, no puddles.... BOOMERS are known to pop....

Patience is a virtue in mushroom propagation......it's a bitch....but a virtue.....I'd damn sure wait that one out myself...

Just my two cents...

A

Thank You

#5 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:07 PM

Hello, I request Advice about Stalled Colonized Substrate. I placed the colonized substrate, coir/verm and coir/very top layer in the mono tub on the date of 7-27-22, today is 8/8/22. The substrate looks to be fully colonized since 8/4/22 and it hasn't started to pin yet.  Can anyone help me understand how to help the substrate start to pin and fruit?  Any advice is welcome (excuse the pictures I didn't want to unseal the monotub to take an inside picture because I didn't want to introduce any contaminates)  Thank You in advance

You can the lid off and fan it and won't be the source of contamination.  It may need a little fanning.   

My buddy Arathu got some good stuff

I am going to fan everyday and mist every other day.. what do you think about that?

• Uncle G likes this

#6 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,749 posts

Donator

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:50 PM

If FC looks dry and doesn't have any beads of water, then you'll need to mist.    If your subs are directly in what you're planning to fruit, try not mist too much directly.   I did that to a little cake in a jar and bruised it.    Do you have air holes on the FC?  If so just a fan in the room helps.    Just some air movement.   Had FC with fans mounted to the sides for a long time.  But the last bulk I did I just fanned it with the lid.  I ll be doing that with my stuff over next few weeks.  

• wilspeak likes this

#7 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 10:10 PM

If FC looks dry and doesn't have any beads of water, then you'll need to mist.    If your subs are directly in what you're planning to fruit, try not mist too much directly.   I did that to a little cake in a jar and bruised it.    Do you have air holes on the FC?  If so just a fan in the room helps.    Just some air movement.   Had FC with fans mounted to the sides for a long time.  But the last bulk I did I just fanned it with the lid.  I ll be doing that with my stuff over next few weeks.  

Yes the FC has holes drilled into it on all sides. , But I am still going to fan it once a day

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!