3 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,855 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:45 PM

Does anyone know of a way to differentiate between Panaeolus Cyanescens and Psilocibe Cyanascens?

I have the honour of having both germinate in jars, but I have labelled the Pans "P Cyan" and the psillies "P Cyan".

I'd like to be able to put them on their preferred substrates when it comes time to empty the jars...

• MushLuvR likes this

#2 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2022 - 09:36 AM

Ps Cyans are WAY slower to colonize than Pans.  Ps Cyan mycelium is branchy looking and will crawl up the jar, Pans are more wispy, cotton-like.  Pans take anywhere from 8-10 days usually, maybe longer, Ps Cyans took a month on Rye berries.  Hope this helps and Good Luck.

MushL

• scott_1971_h likes this

#3 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,855 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2022 - 09:52 AM

OK thanks, Ive already notices that one is fairly whispy but one is 'thicker', I'll be able to tell as they colonise the jar. At different rates. Do Pans like what I give cubes, ie 70/30 coir/moopoo?

• MushLuvR likes this

#4 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2022 - 12:38 PM

I didn't have the greatest luck with adding Coir, I've been using Manure/Wheat Straw and Verm with a little Gypsum.  I also tried using Coir with Straw, did Nada (didn't contaminate or anything, just NO fruiting).  Manure Straw combo seems about the best, and I used alder chips for the Ps Cyans from Rye Berries.  I like smaller chips in the beginning, takes longer to colonize the Bigger Nature scape chips (once established, it won't matter what size of the chips).  All the Best in your Adventures and projects.   :meditate:

MushL

• bezevo likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!