wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 09:52 PM

Hello is this Tub healthy?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1212.jpg

Edited by wilspeak, 20 August 2022 - 09:53 PM.

• YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#2 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2022 - 11:27 AM

I see some metabolites, but otherwise I see healthy pins also... Looks like it's bump up the Air (if you haven't already) for Stipe and Cap development.  Happens quickly at this stage... All the Best.

MushL

• wilspeak likes this

#3 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 07:39 PM

I see some metabolites, but otherwise I see healthy pins also... Looks like it's bump up the Air (if you haven't already) for Stipe and Cap development.  Happens quickly at this stage... All the Best.

MushL

Hello MushL, How do I flush a tub this size?  Thank You

#4 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2022 - 11:17 AM

No need to flush anything (either it's contaminated or it's Not), in the words of Paul McCartney.... Let it Be. 

MushL

• Arathu and wilspeak like this

#5 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 12:59 PM

No need to flush anything (either it's contaminated or it's Not), in the words of Paul McCartney.... Let it Be. 

MushL

I am asking about After I finish harvesting the mushrooms... How do I flush the cake after harvesting the Mushrooms... Thank You

• YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#6 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2022 - 02:12 PM

You are talking about rehydrating your sub after harvest? If so, some people give the sub a heavy misting multiple times a day for a couple days if needed. The idea being to allow the sub to absorb the water without flooding.

For me, with my set up, I'll usually dump around 60ml? of water on the sub at night and dump the excess off in the morning.

Sometimes, with big flushes of mushrooms, people will add water while the mushrooms are growing to allow the full canopy to emerge.
  • MushLuvR likes this

#7 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2022 - 04:38 PM

Oh, thank you @Yoshi, I wasn't understanding the flushing term used rather than rehydrating a sub.  I sometimes bottom water if it's a big flush, if it's the 2nd or 3rd, I just mist a few times slowly over time, just depends.  It is easier to mist rather than tilting the tub which could possibly get damaged if you aren't careful.... depending on the size of the substrate.  Small amounts of misting (from high above) over time is the easiest route in my experience.  All the Best.

MushL

Edited by MushLuvR, 22 August 2022 - 04:38 PM.

• bezevo and YoshiTrainer like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!