• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 01:09 PM

I request advice on the best way to flush the tub-sized cake after harvesting the Mushrooms? Thank You

Attached Thumbnails

• mush1.jpg

#2 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 01:00 PM

What do you mean by "flush"
  • MushLuvR likes this

#3 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 08:50 PM

What do you mean by "flush"

I apologize  ... I meant rehydrate the cakes

#4 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 08:28 AM

If you just finished with the first flush it may not be necessary to hydrate the cake. Let it go for a week and see what happens. Otherwise put enough water in to just cover the cake and let sit for an hour per inch of sub thickness then drain. I have a line of 9/32" holes just above the sub surface drilled in the tub sides to facilitate FAE, I run a 1/4" dowel side to side through them to keep the sub from floating while I dunk them.

#5 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2022 - 09:50 AM

Flushing is a term used in the Cannabis World, NOT so much in the OMC.  Also, cakes are referred to as Brown Rice Flour Cakes, you are spawning to bulk substrate.  I get it though, easy to mix up terminology with so much information available (some is just outlandish).   :smoking-hookah:

MushL

#6 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 12:31 AM

Point taken about the difference between BRF and BS, it's just quicker and easier to type cake. But when it comes down to it when the sub gets fully colonized it does look like a cake and the BRF is, well, a cup cake. Sometimes I'm really anal about terminology and other times not so and it can change with the time of day or mood or what I'm working on or the last time I microdosed.

#7 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2022 - 06:41 AM

It's all good, I just don't want others to read this thinking it's a cake when it isn't, crisscrossing techniques or terminology just adds to the cluttered confusion of the interweb.  Not sure how it's "quicker and easier" in your mind (whatever makes you feel better), but hey... we are all different.  All the Best.

MushL  

Edited by MushLuvR, 26 August 2022 - 06:41 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!