9 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2022 - 07:23 PM

What would you suggest to someone who is a reasonably experienced tripper on mushrooms, but is thinking about having a heroic dose of mescaline?

I mean, in preparation, will I need a sitter, any special lighting, moozak, etc?

I'm alaos wondering just how long the sessions are with mescaline?

Thanks,

Scott

• Coopdog and OldBear like this

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2022 - 08:14 PM

Get your head wrapped around the  idea that mushrooms are a sprint and cactus is a marathon. Plan on not less than twelve hours of coming up, riding the wave, and coming down enough to think about sleeping. A heroic dose would likely extend that window by four or more hours. I've seen you around here for a long time so I guess you're no spring chicken. Consider dedicating a full day after you come down to getting some quality rest - you'll have been frazzled by the long ride, much more than a mushroom trip

It's very speedy in that jaw clenching, teeth grinding kind of way.  Most of this happens in the first few hours and the latter parts of the ride are much easier.

I don't know about you but I can't imagine anything less enjoyable than tripping  twelve hours in a place or situation I didn't absolutely love. So Hell Yes you want to make preparations for the best possible location, circumstance, music if you usually trip with music.

Mesc can be very colorful and entertaining and/or it can be very introspective in the second half of the trip. It could be both of those things at the same time. 

It's different than mushrooms. It's a whole different chemical so I wouldn't go into the trip with the expectation of a bigger, bolder mushroom trip. Not saying you've implied that you are, just sayin'

You mention a heroic dose. I've not dosed more than 550 milligrams of extract. I weighed around 210 most of the times I did mesc and thought that dose enough to meld with the spirit of the mesc. I've heard of people doing twice that much and giving a pretty spectacular trip report.

You thinking tea or extract?

And are you comfortable with the idea that a vigorous vomiting is part of the fun especially at larger doses?

And my standard proviso - IF you take mood regulators the odds are good that you'll not get the whole ride or possibly not even the good parts of the ride. Pharmacokinetics are not to be taken lightly and you're well advised to do some research into the interaction effects of any drug you take routinely and would be taking at the time of the heroic dose.  SSRI's seem to be especially problematic. Look into serotonin syndrome. It's a good thing to know even if you're not likely to experience it.

I'm jealous. It's been a while. Maybe a good trip report would get me off my lazy ass and sacrifice a couple columns :)

Edited by pharmer, 23 August 2022 - 08:35 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, scott_1971_h and 3 others like this

#3 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2022 - 08:59 PM

Yeah I knew it lasted a long time. Shrooms are something you can do for a friday night but not mescaline :-)

I was thinking tea, or just chomping roughage (I know it tastes vile, but then I'm used to poppy tea..........) Would you suggest tea instead?

I know about seratonin syndrome. And ssris interacting (dont they do that with shrooms as well?)

And if everything gets too much I have ambulance cover lol.

Speaking of poppy tea, dried out/reduced it makes a fabulous suppository... Happy memories of having the term 'Nice relaxing warm bath' redefined one wintery afternoon... I think I'm thinking too much lol...

• OldBear likes this

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2022 - 10:49 PM

Horrible taste, stomach issues, length of trip will be longest with chewing chips, less with tea, and even less with extract. IMO extract gets you most of what you want from cactus and much less of what you don't want with tea being a tolerable compromise.

Factor also the incredibly long time it's going to take to chew 50 dry grams of chips or 500 grams of wet flesh, plus the two or three hours it takes to get through your gut and into your blood and you've bought yourself a very long day.

A purist would opt for the roughage. I'm not one of those.

Making a tea is a good exercise in getting to know the process if you have a good kitchen and enough privacy for the couple days it takes to triple boil, filter, and reduce the tea to a drinkable quantity.

It's always something.................  :)

Edited by pharmer, 23 August 2022 - 10:51 PM.

• Coopdog and OldBear like this

#5 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2022 - 03:42 AM

I already have a slow cooker:

https://www.smokable...escaline-tea-2/

Thin slices? Dried then powdered?

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,029 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2022 - 02:31 PM

Here is a thread which details my go-to method. It includes the recommended weight of fresh bio-mass necessary for one "dose".

Your mileage may vary.

https://mycotopia.ne...crock-pot-prep/

I find that I can both sleep and eat while tripping on mescaline. I once awakened to full-on, open-eyed visuals - meaning that I slept and woke up tripping balls.

You may feel a little exhausted after the journey unless you replenish your nutritional stores - complex carbohydrates, electrolytes and minerals - and eating is actually quite pleasant. I find myself preferring fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, and other wholesome foods. Try to avoid "junk foods" which have a high sugar content.

I've never felt let-down or disappointed in the days afterward as with other chemicals like MDMA. Instead, I tend to feel quite inspired and positive.

I've got about 1500 grams of sliced cactus in the freezer right now and probably 1500 grams more from this year's growth on the live cacti.  Perhaps it's time to prep a batch and share with a friend or two. ;)

• Coopdog, Guy1298, scott_1971_h and 2 others like this

#7 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 August 2022 - 06:33 AM

Whats a safe period to be off ssris before partaking in Peyote? (Peyote has maoi alkaloids) I'm guessing (at least) 7 days either side for fluoxetine, 4 for the others. Otherwise too many cardiac symptoms...

#8 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 August 2022 - 09:02 PM

What would be a somewhat heroic dose of peyote? 20 (dry)?

#9 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2022 - 05:27 AM

20 dry grammes is extremely lovely. Far, far more grounded than a similar 'buzz' on shrooms. (I usually take 1/4oz mushrooms, no ground in sight with that dose) I could 'function', I knew where I was and where the toilet was (not always the case on 1/4oz shrooms). Open and closed eye geometric visuals. I went outside and tried putting supports for my tomatoes in. (Thought I'd better check this morning, yes it is fine). Time is wonderfully different from mushies. With mushies a second seems to last ... a ... trillion ... years... but with cacti there was just a sense of time, and that I have all the time there is... Slightly exhausted today. Colours rather vibrant. Amused how I used to get so caught up in my own head. Can't wait for the next one, but given how slow these fn things grow I will just have to wait... Don't have to like it... Liking it is optional... Feel like I have done 2 years therapy overnight...

Edited by scott_1971_h, 04 September 2022 - 05:28 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Boebs like this

#10 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,203 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2022 - 06:32 AM

Been growing cactus for years.. still have not tried them.
I should find the time.. but this year i neglected my garden badly.. i feel my plants are mad right now so a hair cut for the sake of this, seems unreasonable at the moment. I did graft a bunch out this season.
So fingers crossed for next
  • Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!