• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 11:30 PM

My Mushrooms are fruiting very slowly. Can anyone help with advice? How does the condition of these mushrooms look? Thank You

Attached Thumbnails

• M11.jpg

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2022 - 01:20 PM

The darkening of those mushrooms is not good IMHO (assuming I'm seeing it correctly via your picture).....what could have caused a large scale abort????

Possibilities include bacterial infections, fungal infections, chemicals or contaminants in the air, anti fungal agents and etc....environmental changes (growing conditions such as large temperature and also humidity changes)

Again assuming what I am seeing is correct......I think I see a lot of aborts....that's an amazing pin set actually....

What does it look like now?

A

• MushLuvR likes this

#3 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2022 - 02:00 PM

Agreed, the pinset was legit, I see cracks in the sub, unfortunately, picking up tubs from the bottom (hand in the middle like a waiter) instead of the sides will do this (which might not be your situation) and probably too much Air (looks dry).  You may have pulled the cork so to speak with Air a bit soon.  I also see issues on the stipes, could be bacterial as well (but looks aborted to me).  Honestly, I would bet too much air and killed the natural humidity(evaporation) of the tub and too dry equals aborts (or minimal fruits).  Too wet and not enough Air you will notice yellowing of the stipes and or fuzzy feet and possibly trichoderma,  Also, If you are using a window for light, direct sun from a hot window is a recipe for disaster as well.  I use a window all the time, but blinds closed and still plenty of light.  I hope you figure it out, you definitely did well getting pins to pop so keep at it, do this long enough and you will lose subs, it's just part of it.  Believe me, Pans have taught me to never ever "count your chickens, before they hatch".  All the Best... OF Luck.

• WelcomeUniversal likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!