2 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,855 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2022 - 07:37 AM

I have another 5 jars like the one pictured, and would like to be advised the best way to proceed.

I'm guessing it has to do with pasteurised, shredded straw and moo poo in a tray, covered with bubble wrap.

What would be the best ratio of bulk to spawn, and straw to poo. (And how long should I pasteurise for?)

Or would you suggest sterilisation? I can do that too :-)

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Attached Thumbnails

• P1080363.JPG

• MushLuvR likes this

#2 WelcomeUniversal

WelcomeUniversal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 07:57 AM

Hey, im not pro pans, they dont like me, but i can give u my sad exp :/
Firstly, sterilization with pans - best way to grow nice tricha colony. Looks like pan mic doesnt fully colonize the substrate, so its too easy to get contams. With pasterisation that bacterias protect substrate, so it garantee 1-2 waves.
I was using 1: 2.5: 2.5 oats:cpoo:straw/hay, covering coco:verm:sand:black soil - 1:1:1:1 - it works not bad sometimes.

#3 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2022 - 01:58 PM

I still have a lot to learn about growing pans so I will just offer an example of what I do.

First, have you read Asura's and Peacefrog's write ups?

Now for me, I go spore>agar>grain>bulk. I use regular MEA then to grain of your choice. Lately I've been using 1/2 pint of RGS as spawn, my thinking, low nutrition/high inoculation points. For bulk, I've been using:

1.5C firmly packed straw
1C store bought compost
1/4C Wpoo

I'd guess you could use 1.5-2:1 straw/Mpoo depending the consistency of the poo.

I actually sterilize my bulk subs in bags and let them colonize.

Good luck!
  • MushLuvR likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!