• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Komencanto

Komencanto

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:20 AM

Hello everyone! I posted here about a month ago. My morning glories are going gang-busters. They had a beautiful bloom and all those incredible flowers are now giving way to so many seed pods. My goodness, they are prodigious! I've been harvesting the seeds and freezing them. Does anyone know how long they can stay good for in the freezer? I actually had two seeds germinate while they were in there, from the melt that accumulated while I was putting other seeds in the bag.

Meanwhile I was unable to germinate my ephedra viridis, mugwort, selfheal, and reed canary grass. I'm still very new to gardening so this is just a stepping stone. My san pedro, on the other hand, is growing into a strong and handsome plant. I named him Henry Cactus and I love Henry Cactus. I am excited to acquire more cactus friends. They make for delightful roommates :)

I also tried a 2:1 ethanol extract of salvia divinorum just three weeks ago. That was a powerful experience. I am now determined to have a self-sufficient supply of salvia. I'm convinced it is an enormously helpful plant ally, but it can not be underestimated. There seems to be a thin line between empowering and maddening. I look forward to acquiring a salvia cutting to propagate them at home. What a sight that'll be! A garden of morning glories, san pedro, and salvia divinorum.

My next attempt with reed canary grass will be propagating a wild cultivar. I intend to ID and harvest some from a local low-lying wetland. I'd appreciate any IDing/foraging tips :)

Happy spooking season everyone! Go in peace and walk with power :) <3

• Juthro and YoshiTrainer like this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:26 PM

You've been busy this past month, good luck!
  • Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!