#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,479 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 03:42 AM

I used to believe in the Libertarian concept of do what ye will, including drug legalization. In the last year, and more importantly this week, I have very much changed my mind. When I think of legalizing drugs, I think of people being able to party however they want. In the last 3 years, Fentanyl has wiped out most of the people I grew up with. However, the inner core of the group has stood strong despite some of them dabbling with it. Monday night one of my best (and worst) friends in my life went to sleep and never woke up. He was not stupid. He was a street rat, but he was not one to do things ignorantly. He still died, as did two of my best friend's mother's from both of them getting their Mom's a percocet that had fentanyl in it. Both are way off the rails now that they had a hand in killing their own mothers. 

Not in any way trying to excuse any of them. Life is hard and we all seek our own relief from it. So glad I never sought my relief in opiates. The giant swath they have cut through my life and my memories has reaffirmed that for sure. Jeff's passing left one hell of a hole in my soul. I was in shock for two days or so. He was one of the most tenacious bastards that ever lived, and I always said he had the devil in him, but nonetheless he was damn close to my heart. SO many awesome and priceless memories with that boy. (He was 5 years younger than me but despite that has been one of my best friends since I was about 14)

My friends always asked me why in the hell I let him hang around with me, and I told them straight up, that he had more heart than any three of them, and he did. He would have died and gone to hell for me or mine, even if he did rip me off a few times in his life. He always said he never had any dreams, so he had to go out and take some other man's dreams. I had ostracized him for ten years or more, then a couple years back he sent me a message on FB, asking me to accept his friend request, because he had some things to say to me. He had realized how bad he fucked up in doing me wrong, and I accepted his apology. I never really forgave him, but I am damn glad we talked. We laughed like we were kids again, and talked for hours telling stories about all the trips, and shenanigans we got into when we were young. It was all priceless to relive. 

However, I have come to believe that the evil fucks that are selling this in our country need to have their heads on a pike somewhere. This shit is not a drug, it is an inevitable death sentence. You would have to spend several hundred dollars on a scale that could be counted on to weigh it into a reliable dose. Most scales don't measure that close. Most people are not betting their lives that they do. 

Jeff lost that bet Monday, and I will miss that fucker for the rest of my life. I figured he would outlive us all short of someone putting a bullet in his head. I was wrong. 

Fuck Fentanyl...

• Skywatcher, Juthro, GalenOl and 5 others like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,368 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 08:59 AM

I'm sorry for your loss my friend. Granted I do not know these people, but it saddens me to hear the extent and depth this fentanyl scourge has penetrated into our society. The massive flood of rainbow colored tablets just in time for Halloween seems a little sinister, but it's also difficult for people with opiate addictions to protect themselves when they often have no clue this crap has been laced in................... 

• Coopdog, FLASHINGROOSTER, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#3 FilzShroom

FilzShroom

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 27 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 09:30 AM

Sorry to read about your friend... My sincere condolences to you and his family.

Opioid addiction is a terrible thing to witness and or go through.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone involved.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
  • Coopdog and MushLuvR like this

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,059 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 11:02 AM

I feel ya Coop. It seems that the world is off-the-rails in a really weird way lately. Sorry to hear of your loss.

I was discussing fentanyl with a customer of mine. He works for the DEA. During our discussion he revealed that veritably every powdered substance sold on the street is adulterated (to some degree) with fentanyl. They've been doing extensive testing on substances that they've managed to seize and are finding adulteration to be more and more prevalent where it wasn't so in the past.

I asked him why the drug sellers would be willing to take a gamble in killing their customer. He said it's because the fentanyl adds a "kick' to the substance it's added to  - enhancing the normal effect of the drug to which it's added. I asked because you're right in thinking that fentanyl requires a very sensitive scale for dosing. The scale has guards on it because the readout is sensitive to changes in air currents (like those induced by the breathing of the operator). There is no way to "eyeball" amounts which are measured in grains and it's irresponsible to do so. But that doesn't seem to be slowing the scourge.

The other thing that bothers me is that - if the documentary I watched is accurate - fentanyl can be synthesized using clandestine laboratories from chemical precursors which are not difficult to obtain. Meth epidemic v2.0......

I suppose this should serve as a warning to those who like to drink and snort the occasional match-head of cocaine. That white powder is likely adulterated with a potentially deadly chemical. You're better-off just leaving those things alone.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, FLASHINGROOSTER and 2 others like this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,300 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 11:53 AM

Sorry for your loss Coop.  I wish I knew the answer, as I  am also torn between the right for people to choose their own path, and wanting some safeties to protect the ones I love.  Keeping it illegal isn't working, that much is pretty clear, but would allowing it to be regulated be better?  I'm not sure.  I really wish I was aware of a way to fix this problem, but I got nothing.

Again, I am truly sorry for your loss Coop.  It's always painful to loose friends, especially those you've had for decades.  Even when some of that history is unpleasant it cant be replaced.  It is part of your soul, part of what makes you who you are today.  When friends like that leave this plane, part of you leaves with them.

Peace, and healing to you brother.

• Myc, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#6 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,479 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:04 PM

Thank you guys for your feedback. I got up early and came in here before I even made my coffee hoping I could still edit this and even delete it, but I suppose it serves a purpose even if I was mad as hell when I wrote it. Real stuff that some people might need to hear. It is what it is I reckon. 

• Myc, Skywatcher, FilzShroom and 2 others like this

#7 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,794 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:40 PM

I'm sorry for your pain Coop but I'm thankful you guys reconnected before this tragedy!

It is nefarious in my opinion, years ago, they were cutting meth with strawberry flavored powdered drink mix. They did this to make it more appealing and taste better to a younger audience. Now they are putting fentanyl in candy. It is not just fentanyl but lots of one off opiate RCs. Someone had posted a picture from a dark website that (if true) showed a sheet of blotter being sold that had a fentanyl derivative laid on it.

China and UK fought the opium wars, East India Trading was involved. :)

https://janaburson.w...the-opium-wars/
  • Myc, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,059 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:52 PM

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the West's involvement in China / Indochina - and finally the Middle East - largely revolves around control of the illegal drug trade. I believe that the "Alphabet Agencies" (of all Western countries) are busy using the proceeds from control of transport and sale of illegal drugs to fund their dirty little black operations.

Iran / Contra anyone???

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#9 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 03:04 PM

Ah fuck, sorry man. I wish we could time travel back to the future style and erase the lab where it was created.

As far as I can tell it seems way too powerful. I am certainly no end of life expert but I thought good old fashioned high test morphine was quite effective in that regard. Then they went and invented carfentanyal for of course elephants, oh boy... Sadly with the increase in profit margins via small scale and therefore less detectable shipments, that are in turn pushed for high street value per mg.  For the cartels, the overseas dug manufacturers, the low income addicted, and in general organized crime my guess is its here to stay with or without legalization.

One could argue that one possible benefit of the legalization of such a powerful drug is the strict regulation of dosing. The black market would still exist and folks battles with addiction are their own but there is a possibility it might save a few I guess I don't know.. That being said more of this stuff around doesn't seem like a good idea at all considering how easily it can become fatal

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,300 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2022 - 07:54 PM

Not to take away from the evil that fentanyl contains, but it also important to remember it is an amazingly useful drug as well.   It is not just a street drug.   It's ability to be used as a pain killer, or as anesthesia is considerable.  It is it's incredible potency for the size of dose that make it so dangerous, especially on the street.   As Myc stated above, just a few grains is enough to kill a full sized man.

With that said, man has been killing himself, and his fellow man with various substances for long before anyone here was born.  The substances change, but the results are the same.   Alcohol, opium, morphine, heroin, cocaine, meth, benzo's......   the list could go on, and on.

That doesn't make loosing a friend or loved one any easier though, and all who have suffered that loss have my condolences.

• Coopdog, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#11 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,479 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2022 - 04:50 AM

Juthro I agree. It does serve a purpose, but it is too concentrated for street usage. 

Myc, don't even get me started on the alphabet agencies and their involvement. Screw em all the same... They have some bad karma coming back their way for damn sure. 

• Myc, Juthro, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#12 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 04:43 PM

There is a detached aspect to all this, namely some ironies:

1) Euthanasia is largely illegal, but no test kits are available for fentanyl strength

So those who want to die, (some of whom are in chronic pain) are denied relief by the state, while the poor & addicted are allowed to die in miserable circumstances, or suffer permanent damage.

3) Jack was imprisoned:  ""Jack" Kevorkian (May 26, 1928 – June 3, 2011) was an American pathologist and euthanasia proponent. He publicly championed a terminal patient's right to die by physician-assisted suicide, embodied in his quote, "Dying is not a crime".[2]"

4) sodium thiopental (commonly known by the brand name Pentothal) ... "It was previously the first of three drugs administered during most lethal injections in the United States, but the US manufacturer Hospira stopped manufacturing the drug and the European Union banned the export of the drug for this purpose"

Games are played with both the drugs used for executions, [as well as with the executions themselves], while everyone knows a good job can be done with many available drugs.

5) And 'Big Pharma" get even richer creating the opioid epidemic, while even small dealers were sent to the now privatized prisons to rot.

So....China, Mexico, and the psychopathic chemists aren't the only ones who helped create this tragedy.

Edited by shiftingshadows, 07 October 2022 - 04:44 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#13 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,558 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:02 PM

I'm sure it's an iresistible temptation for the Pusher Man to put fentanyl in any powder or pill or whatever he's selling these days given its' addictive power. Get 'em hooked and you've got 'em for life or what's left of it.

It seems the numbers on these fentanyl deaths is snowballing.

Hang tough Coop. And don't give up on Libertarian leanings. They favor freedom and not the government sponsored distortions that permit things like fentanyl plagues to happen in the first place.

Edited by pharmer, 07 October 2022 - 07:04 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!