• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 naMmoorhshsuM

naMmoorhshsuM

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 11:05 AM

Quick question, I’ve done a little searching and can’t really find what I’m looking for so maybe you guys will kick ass like ya always do and answer some questions!

Aborts, I have a few aborts at first was worried about contams but now starting to think I just over saturated, my question is what’s the best way to clean up an area of aborts should I just take the case layer off with the affected area and recase, leave them as I’ve noticed some dwindling down to nothing? Anyway as always any input it appreciated!! Thanks all!!
  • Arathu likes this

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2022 - 06:00 PM

Leaving small aborts to wither back into the mass is usually what I do....but most of what I have also has a soil and wood chip casing on it....

Getting rid of things that will rot is generally just good housekeeping IME..scissors is what I use and low mow the grass...

Removing and patching a casing is certainly not the end of a sub either....especially if you don't like how it looks

Grooming substrates, picking/harvesting, is normal activity for certain, at least to me.... I will clean all growth off the substrate and go back to fruiting it

A

• naMmoorhshsuM likes this

#3 naMmoorhshsuM

naMmoorhshsuM

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 09:47 AM

Thanks for the input A!! I ended up using a pair of cleaned up kitchen tongs to do some cleaning! Worked out great, was kind of like a baby excavator just cleaning up the pasture! Everything looks much happier now, as opposed to the sad looking graveyard!
  • Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!