• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 06:39 PM

I went n picked up a pressure cooker/canner from somebody I found selling hers for 10 bucks.
It's a presto 16qt. It's like brand new!
Got her up to 15psi with no issues :)20221119_114342.jpg

Why are the pictures posting sideways? They were taken normal and show normal in my gallery?
  • ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#22 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,200 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2022 - 06:31 AM

That’s a fantastic deal for the pressure cooker, good find!

When I post pictures directly from my phone, they will rotate also. If I go into the phone’s photo editor, make a small change and save (I usually just crop a sliver off), then the photo won’t rotate when uploaded.

#23 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 11:42 AM

Alright, thanks for the reply!

I stumbled across a post by Coorsmikey [afterwards lol] explaining the portrait mode vs landscape for pictures. So it seems either, take photo and minor edit, or turn phone on its side to take pics then they'll show upright lol.

Yea I was looking for a pressure cooker/canner for a couple weeks locally through Facebook market, or craigslist/Ebay as I really didn't feel like spending retail price for one. Wasn't having much luck but this one popped up, dirt cheap and only 30 mins away. The area that the lady lived that was selling the thing was from the same area one of my buddies live and I just so happen to take my boat there to store for the winter since he has an old farm with big hangars to store equipment.
So I was able to make the most of driving out there only once but for multiple missions lol.

#24 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 09:18 PM

Got 8 bags going. 7/8 seem to be growing mycelium.
The other one... I believe is as well, but can't 100% confirm just yet. Here's the lot, and then a couple that are showing good. 20221120_140825.jpg 20221120_141004.jpg 20221120_211758.jpg

#25 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,438 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:48 AM

i suggest you try a PF  Tek designed for beginners .It's almost fool prof.... IF ...... You follow it to a     " T "   no changes no experiments .

bellow  is a post called

MAGIC FOR THE MASSES

THE latest PF  tek ...................plus in the very first post of this thread you can get A FREE PDF BOOK

after you have SEVERAL  success with PF  cakes you can try experimenting with more advanced tek

here you go

https://mycotopia.ne...for-the-masses/

Edited by bezevo, 21 November 2022 - 12:50 AM.

#26 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 02:55 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up Bezevo.

#27 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,438 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2022 - 08:41 PM

wall mart sells BRF brown rice flour ..  but you can use a blender or coffee mill  from a thrift store to make your own .. you can grind it a bit chunky-er also if you like . After holidays i got 3lb bags of brown rice marked down to $.79 cents a bag .i got bunch in the freezer .

Small bags of vermiculite from  garden center or big box store not bad .. but you can get a GIGANTIC  4 CUBIC FOOT  bag on amazon for only about $30 delivered . lasts long time good for mycology and pot gardening

#28 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 03:12 PM

Thanks again! Yea I plan to go that route once I get these fruiting. Realistically, I'd like to have a bunch going at all different stages because as it is right now.... I'm literally just waiting for these things to get covered and I feel like I need more to do to be able to keep myself busy lol
I have a big bag of perlite and a decent bag of vermiculite already from the cannabis grows, so that should help save a few bucks.

I gotta get more syringes n prints. Any recommended places that are reliable and not super expensive?

Edited by IllicitMango, 22 November 2022 - 03:17 PM.

#29 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 01:36 AM

Ok this bag is solid. Is it time to mix it with coir?
I have a 5qt shoebox tote, how much coco coir should I add to it? And... is it necessary to sterilize the coir? Or can I just use it as is?20221123_145606.jpg

#30 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 12:47 PM

OK,so I spawned it to coco coir, maybe I jumped the gun a bit early, maybe not. But the bag was solid white and pretty damm hard. The mycelium in the tub seems to be spreading fairly quick. Fingers crossed I see a fruit. I have a bunch more bags still colonizing so they will get spawned eventually but this one definitely seemed like it was covered completely.

If all goes well and this actually produces something, I don't even care if it's one single mushroom, I would be happy and call it a win. Because, that would at least be showing myself that this is possible and with the confidence boost I think it would drive me further and further into wanting to get everything dialed in and do better/improve on the next tub.

Thank you all for the help so far :)
I'll post a picture of the tub when I get back home.20221126_130219.jpg

Edited by IllicitMango, 26 November 2022 - 01:03 PM.

#31 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 03:58 AM

Ok so here's the newest update.
The tub is starting to get covered rapidly!
I would love if I could get some feedback.
These look alright so far?20221127_180228.jpg

#32 IllicitMango

IllicitMango

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 02:25 AM

20221201_100628.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!