• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShortcutSlim

ShortcutSlim

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 02:55 AM

I have a friend who sent me a couple pics in hopes that I could ID.I'm entirely too new to be able to Id this.I'd really appreciat anyone who could shed some light on this.

Thx.1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2022 - 05:42 PM

Does that smell clean? Like healthy mushroom smell?

If so I would try to reduce FAE until I get some pins.....

Looks like it's growing and drying but pictures don't always do full justice to the scene....

Could be bacterial issues but smell usually tells the tale there.....IF it stinks don't take a big whiff of it....

Compost it or bury it in a hole outside in the shade somewhere, covered with chopped grass and kept wet...

And watch.......As far as ID a contam? I wouldn't even guess at this point....

A

• AGAMA and ShortcutSlim like this

#3 ShortcutSlim

ShortcutSlim

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 07:09 PM

This is a friends first attempt at growing, and we are separated by 250 miles. He joined a local group that held a seminar where everyone got substrate...spawn and a tub to grow in. They then did the process under the tutelage of  the seminar presenter (who is well known to both of us),but has not responded to him yet. He sent me pics and asked me if I recognized what was going on. I couldn't answer,so I brought the question here.

I don't know if he would recognize the smell of contamination or not. I'll email him with your suggestion. Thanks for the response @Arathu

• Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!