• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 05:03 PM

I have golden Teachers and I have a question I guess I’m gonna look a bit stupid but here goes

I have a couple of 3 to 4 inch teachers with quite a few much smaller ones.

Should I harvest the large ones carefully and let The bulk of the rest grow on for a while? Can someone tell me should the cap of the golden teacher still be phallic or should it be more conical before I harvested. I’m finding it hard to see the Vale at the moment.

Thanking you in advance
  • ElPirana likes this

#2 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 06:06 AM

I have golden Teachers and I have a question I guess I’m gonna look a bit stupid but here goes

I have a couple of 3 to 4 inch teachers with quite a few much smaller ones.

Should I harvest the large ones carefully and let The bulk of the rest grow on for a while? Can someone tell me should the cap of the golden teacher still be phallic or should it be more conical before I harvested. I’m finding it hard to see the Vale at the moment.

Thanking you in advance  I have a couple of pics here I hope.  :wub:  First one is the tallest Teacher, the other is smaller Teachers. 

313975482 1631014130664480 7296925558316441334 N
314054617 3416865231974463 6247365082648725710 N

#3 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:00 PM

If you have one or two fruits that are significantly farther ahead than the rest, it is perfectly fine to harvest those early. I often find that when this happens, the other mushrooms very often (but not always) stop growing any larger soon after and it’s sometimes pointless to let them continue.

Your second picture looks like immature fruits, I recommend letting them continue to grow. Often the dark color of the cap will lighten as it opens up at maturity.

Here’s a good example of a fruit that should continue to grow:
gallery_158979_1740_2009359.jpg

Here’s a pic of a slightly more mature mushroom, the veil is clearly seen on the bottom of the cap:
gallery_158979_1740_4676407.jpg

And here the veils are just starting to break from the caps:
gallery_158979_1740_174759.jpg
  • Arathu, Juthro, bezevo and 2 others like this

#4 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 02:02 AM

How wonderful you are to have taken such time to answer my queries with 100% clarification.  I shall proceed as you advised.  I will keep you informed if that is ok?

:wub:

• Arathu, Juthro, bezevo and 1 other like this

#5 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 03:50 AM

So I harvested and dehydrated 5.56g dry.   There were loads of aborts and some growing like a snake under the substrate.  So started 2nd flush (I use grow kit with substrate ready to grow once heating and light are correct).  

This time I put the substrate covered by the plastic bag into the box that it originally arrived in so as to try to arrest light getting into the sides and to hopefully reduce any growth in the wrong direction.  Hope this method has a better yield.  Any one think that I should remove the box?

Flying insect furry leg joints are the bee's knees! :tongue:

• ElPirana likes this

#6 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2022 - 09:54 AM

Congrats on the harvest!

If it was me, I probably wouldn’t bother with the box. The little bit of light that’s blocked won’t make any difference. You likely will continue getting some fruits on the bottom and sides, but those are just as good as the ones on top…aside from aesthetics there’s no real problem. I’ve noticed some varieties of cubes will side-pin more than others anyway.

Did you get any pics before cutting them all out?
  • MushLuvR likes this

#7 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 02:21 AM

Hi there all.

Something must have gone wrong with the first crop.  The shrooms actually did NOTHING, I took .3g and then .003g, then .50g then .480 and .23 and lastly .725g  which is 2.238g in total. 

It ingested them via mushroom tea even eating the remnants at the bottom of the cup.  I also tried steeping them in Lemon juice for 6mins before adding non boiling water but NOTHING happened.  

Any one got any ideas?

Thanking you in advance. 

#8 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 02:56 AM

Here is a picture of my harvest.  Perhaps it will help 314072968_701508217572936_57256124049321528_n.jpg

#9 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 05:17 AM

I have just read that Tachyphylaxis (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors) SSRI's may be interfering with the shrooms having an effect.  Do I just up the dose? 

Edited by Heaven007, 06 November 2022 - 05:19 AM.

#10 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,097 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2022 - 02:34 PM

Yes, SSRI’s interfere with the effects of mushrooms, diminishing the effects to different degrees with different people...most would recommend decreasing the SSRI for a few days ahead of time rather than increasing the mushroom dose...
  • Arathu, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#11 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2022 - 05:04 PM

It is VERY good to see you Agama! The best of vibes to you and yours...

A

• Juthro and MushLuvR like this

#12 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 01:46 AM

I took 2.78g steeped in Lemon juice yesterday and did notice the following.

• Felt sleepy
  • Brain working slowly
  • very calm 

This could be due taking shrooms the day before, or could be that taking 2.78g all at once did do something.  

I am unable to stop taking the SSRI's as I cannot function.  

It is looking like I will have to do some trial and error experiments.   But at least I did notice some affects that brings me faith I will get this working ok. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  

#13 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 08:25 AM

I took 2.78g steeped in Lemon juice yesterday and did notice the following.

• Felt sleepy
  • Brain working slowly
  • very calm 
This could be due taking shrooms the day before, or could be that taking 2.78g all at once did do something.  

I am unable to stop taking the SSRI's as I cannot function.  

It is looking like I will have to do some trial and error experiments.   But at least I did notice some affects that brings me faith I will get this working ok. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

If I remember correctly Jim Fadiman suggested you can taper off the SSRI's by gradually replacing them with micro doses . I don't remember the exact protocol so try googling it.

As for seeing the veil break get a dental mirror, it works great.
  • Juthro and Heaven007 like this

#14 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 02:09 AM

Funny Farmer you were spot on.  I ordered a £3.00 dental mirror straight away from Amazon got it the very next day and look what I found¬  All thanks to you.  May your god go with you fellow traveller  :wub:

Attached Thumbnails

• 315150193_3050695278488765_8673078743140970241_n.jpg

• bezevo, ElPirana and FunnyFarmer like this

#15 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,308 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2022 - 02:28 AM

I'm glad your having some growing success Heaven007.   

I don't have any good advice to offer as far as the SSRI's,  my very limited understanding is that your not going to get good results from dosing when they are  in your system.

Using psilocybin for depression is becoming much more main stream acceptable these days, and in your case I think maybe talking to a doctor might not be a bad idea.  With that said, I'm just a guy with no medical experience, and what I offer is mostly uneducated opinion.  I trust you to do what is right for your physical and mental health brother, and I wish you the best in your experimenting friend.

Godspeed :)

• ElPirana and Heaven007 like this

#16 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 05:42 AM

Juthro what matters is that you have made a difference to me and I thank you for that.  With regards to SSRI's I have a very high tolerance and cannot function without them.  I did get some effect from a 2.78g lemon tea, so I will continue to experiment with the dose very carefully.  I live in Northern Ireland which is very backward and insular.   I have spoken to my Psychiatrist with regards to alternative medicinal therapy's,  including MDMA etc, but they have very little experience in alternative medicines and won't suggest any for me.  So I have to go it alone, I watch and read as many scientific studies into shroom's wonders for CPTSD although they give their group a guided very high dose of over 20g, (which I am not going to try).   But, I do think I will get it right with perhaps taking more than the usual person would take as a therapeutic dose and I did notice that I did want to reach the height of having vivid colours and the feeling of wonder that I used to get from White Caps that I picked myself and used way back. 

One again I am glad you exist.  

• Juthro and ElPirana like this

#17 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 10:38 PM

I'm glad your having some growing success Heaven007.   

I don't have any good advice to offer as far as the SSRI's,  my very limited understanding is that your not going to get good results from dosing when they are  in your system.

Using psilocybin for depression is becoming much more main stream acceptable these days, and in your case I think maybe talking to a doctor might not be a bad idea.  With that said, I'm just a guy with no medical experience, and what I offer is mostly uneducated opinion.  I trust you to do what is right for your physical and mental health brother, and I wish you the best in your experimenting friend.

Godspeed :)

I tried approaching my doctor with the idea of microdosing carefully avoiding what it actually entailed. She seemed to be intrigued with the concept of how many ways it can help people that is until  I reveled the exact medicine it involved. She couldn't get out of the room fast enough spouting all the government propaganda she had learned. This was a relatively young woman who I hoped hadn't been taken by the lies.  It wasn't long after that that I went shopping for a new doctor, she was a little more receptive to the idea so for the time being I'll stick with her. I've been watching a series of interviews with doctors, therapists, and surprisingly a former British government top LEO called Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Global Summit. They have been very informative on what is trying to be accomplished in several areas surrounding these important medicines. I'm hoping the health care profession, not to mention governments around the world, is paying very close attention to these interviews.

As for the depression psychedelics helped me break out of almost 70 years of it. I just wish it had happened a long time ago so I wouldn't feel like my life had been a total waste of time. I've still got issues but I'm better able to handle them with the aid of MD'ing.

Heaven007, you may or may not know that those SSRI meds can be very addictive and difficult to get off of once you're on them. Big pharma loves that. Fortunately I was never on them long enough to become addicted and I was very cautious when I weaned myself off them. I spent 3 weeks on the process while I started myself on MD'ing shrooms with the occasional trip dose after I was off those meds. You'll probably need to take a couple months getting off them. I too did a lot of research into the psychedelics before I got serious about them finally settling on shrooms. I'm not a doctor so do your research, I'm relating to you what I did and considering that everyone is different you need to find what works for you. Start off slowly, find a microdose that works for you then if you decide to trip, again start with small doses so you know what to expect as you increase the dose size.

Late edit: If I'm not mistaken I seem to remember that Liberty shrooms grow in your part of the world.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 11 November 2022 - 12:00 AM.

• Juthro and Heaven007 like this

#18 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 05:00 AM

I agree with you with regards to the Medical profession and big pharma has a lot to do with holding back the truth.  They may change their minds once they can find a way to profit from it!

For me it is not actual depression, I have non-stop intrusive thinking (C-PTSD) which can be very very dark and sometimes life threatening.  Perhaps you can understand why I will continue to take my SSRI's. The only one that has had any affect of me is Prozac 40m per day.  I have in the past, been able to ween myself off drugs so no problem there, but it is the Prozac that I only started earlier this year that has no bad side effects and has been show in scientific studies to be the only SSRI that has ANY beneficial positive long term effects.  My head is in a much better space now.  And I think that I will not be micro-dosing but light traveling :wub:

Thank you for taking the time to post your reply to me. 

"If you think a mosquito is too small to make any change, try spending a night in a tent with one"!!! ~ Dalia Lama   :biggrin:

Edited by Heaven007, 11 November 2022 - 05:03 AM.

#19 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 05:09 AM

Had my second harvest yesterday @ 56.02 wet weight and 9.38 dry.  That dental mirror makes it a lot easier to see the veil.  

#20 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 08:59 AM

I agree with you with regards to the Medical profession and big pharma has a lot to do with holding back the truth.  They may change their minds once they can find a way to profit from it!

For me it is not actual depression, I have non-stop intrusive thinking (C-PTSD) which can be very very dark and sometimes life threatening.  Perhaps you can understand why I will continue to take my SSRI's. The only one that has had any affect of me is Prozac 40m per day.  I have in the past, been able to ween myself off drugs so no problem there, but it is the Prozac that I only started earlier this year that has no bad side effects and has been show in scientific studies to be the only SSRI that has ANY beneficial positive long term effects.  My head is in a much better space now.  And I think that I will not be micro-dosing but light traveling :wub:
Thank you for taking the time to post your reply to me. 

"If you think a mosquito is too small to make any change, try spending a night in a tent with one"!!! ~ Dalia Lama   :biggrin:

One of the topics that keep coming up in the interviews I mentioned is treating PTSD with MDMA and another one that escapes my mind. Morning isn't the best time of day for me. Both are showing great promise in treating that affliction. Bring it up with your doctor, if he's a good doctor he'll look into it, if he blows you off maybe it's time to find another doctor...
  • Heaven007 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!