• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 04:53 AM

Hi there to you all.  Hope this day brings you happiness and joy.

I have a question I would like to ask.  I harvested my first flush of Golden Teacher and dehydrated them.  I was excited to try them so I made shroom tea -  in all I used over 2.g but I go NO effect at all.  Wondering where I went wrong.  I hope the picture below will help you.  I look forward to your suggestions. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 314072968_701508217572936_57256124049321528_n.jpg

• johnukguy likes this

#2 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 05:16 AM

I have just read that Tachyphylaxis (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors) SSRI's may be interfering with the shrooms having an effect.  Do I just up the dose? 

• Coopdog likes this

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 998 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2022 - 05:05 PM

Yep! The SSRI's sure do block the magic from happening.

• Coopdog likes this

#4 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 01:37 AM

Thanks Moonless.  Do you think that upping the dose will work?  I could do this buy carefully weighing each dose and waiting to see what happens, keeping a journal will help too. 

I have been on SSRI for over 30 yrs and have built up a load of tolerance.  

#5 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 01:45 AM

I took 2.78g steeped in Lemon juice yesterday and did notice the following.

• Felt sleepy
  • Brain working slowly
  • very calm 

This could be due taking shrooms the day before, or could be that taking 2.78g all at once did do something.  

I am unable to stop taking the SSRI's as I cannot function.  

It is looking like I will have to do some trial and error experiments.   But at least I did notice some affects that brings me faith I will get this working ok. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  

#6 CentralLimit

CentralLimit

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 05:43 PM

I'm on (long term) antidepressants as well, and I just wanted to mention that although I don't trip from "normal" macro doses either, I do find microdosing very effective.  My microdose is about 0.45g dried golden teacher in Stamets' stack of Lion's Mane and niacin. 

Best of luck to you!  I'd be interested if you do find a way to trip.  

• Heaven007 likes this

#7 RiseUp

RiseUp

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 09:46 PM

Wouldn't recommend it, but taking 12g of GT made in tea will take you into a place that ends with earth shattering gratitude. I believe Alder called it an earthquake. Lots of tears and snot at the end, or my experience was anyway. It wasn't a magical experience the entire trip, but did have magical moments. Also had some down right frightening moments. Again wouldn't recommend it. Glad I did it though. Hope to again one day if my life ever leads to a safe comfortable setting again.

I'll never forget making the tea and drinking half. I'd planned on saving the rest for later. Then I got up and said what the hell. After finishing it off, a voice in my head said, "Remember, you asked for this".

I'm not an expert like others in here. I was having a rough time with depression/anxiety so again, wouldn't recommend it.

Just Be. It was beautiful at the end of the ride.

• Heaven007 and johnukguy like this

#8 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:58 AM

We frequently see users pose the question of Shrooms having no effect and it seems the mass majority of the time they are taking such medication. Peace and love 

edit: Those shrooms looked like they would work as any I have ever grown

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 19 November 2022 - 02:04 AM.

• Heaven007 and johnukguy like this

#9 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:25 AM

I am now going to try McKennaii strain.  Even if they don't work on me I actually enjoy growing them.  It gives a sense of achievement and friendship passing them onto my friend.  Any thoughts on the strength of McKennaii growing?  Your thoughts are most welcome.  :wub:

"Always help someone, you maybe the only one who does."

Edited by Heaven007, 23 November 2022 - 03:26 AM.

#10 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2022 - 06:34 PM

Oh yeah watching those little beauties' grow is a blast, and if you can share the magic privately with another all the better. Can't speak towards that strain but my guess is the type is not going to be your issue. SSRI seems to be an unfortunate road block in those trying to find some relief with mushrooms and mental health. Hopefully in the future it will become widely recognized by the medical profession for its therapeutic use. Giving doctors another tool in the bag and allowing some more professional help to those taking SSRI to be incorporated in the process

Even for the average user, try as one might if you do a dose one day and return to that same volume the next it will be faded for sure. There is a chemical process that goes on there than I don't understand but I do know it has many factors that seem to effect the Journey. 

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 24 November 2022 - 06:36 PM.

• Heaven007 likes this

#11 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 04:15 AM

Thank you Flashingrooster for taking the time to reply.  When I was younger I used to trip very well on Liberty Caps that I picked locally so I do know my brain can trip.  Sadly due to severe CPTSD and very constant intrusive negative thinking I cannot reduce my intake of SSRI's which I have been on for over 35 years.  But I hope that I can bring joy to a friend.  

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!