3 replies to this topic

#1 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2022 - 07:26 PM

Over the past few years I have gone on a bit of a rollercoaster of varying use of mushrooms in big and small doses. So say .5 to 1 gram trips often and then 6+ gram trips far less often. One thing that seems clear to me is that it makes me more organized, and cleanly. I notice that as usage seems to slip I find my house starts to clutter up and noticing more dust left unattended. Another thing I found when using often was my emotions seemed to be a little more volatile. Like I found myself crying during movies and even happy crying which I had never really experienced before, an overwhelming feeling of oh fuck that is awesome. That secondary factor seems to have a long lasting effect far greater than the first. Although it may have some other factors involved as well

Most of us are familiar with the immediate afterglow that a good trip can cause but that always seems to fade after a week or two for me.

I have been lacking in the dose department lately and there is a little voice inside telling me its time to start using a little more frequently again. Good to shake up some of those neural connections methinks, how easily they can become concrete

It seems to be a fantastic tool for creating new lines of thought and or ultimately changing ones behavior. Now I suppose I only need to quit cold turkey for another three years to be able to back those statements up with some anecdotes haha. I suppose what I am trying to say is that I can honestly say long term use has made my life better incase anyone was wondering....

I know use doesn't come without its limitations of expectations, curious how others have found the usage in the long term?

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 16 November 2022 - 07:27 PM.

• Moonless, YoshiTrainer, FunnyFarmer and 1 other like this

#2 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:30 PM

I resonate with your post a ton

I've noticed lately that my 'cleanliness' and organization are spiraling up as well- been microdosing 4x a day as part of another herbal formula I take - along with more occasional (1-2 per week) .5-1 gram. Been ages since a strong trip but my nutrition status has been whack so I've been working on getting that stable before my next deep dive-

But on the organization front- my understanding has been crystalizing around my awareness of 'rushing-on-autopilot' - which, in terms of flow would be 'friction'- and in terms of 'presence' would be, well not being present-

It's not only far easier to move about relaxed and intentional (in the micromovements- like setting objects down with intent, where their supposed to go 'arranged just so'- ... Intentional, effortless feng shui

Instead of what has been the default for a long time of hurried-anxious-need-to-get-it-done and managing to find my house a disaster when I finally come back to myself.

I've been finding too that my subconscious acceptance of 'level of cleanliness' had been changing- I want a clean/organized/(frictionless) space.

Interesting to hear about your emotional volalatility- for me the opposite seems to be the case- I'm far more stable than when I wasn't dosing at all- though I suppose I can't call my present usage long term as I only started growing again at the beginning of October

'economy of movement' is the word I was looking for-
  • FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#3 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:32 PM

I also find that my ability to organize my speech and writing is alot more precise. I am more easily able to communicate with exactitude.
  • FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2022 - 05:53 PM

I hear ya on the autopilot for sure. That is definitely an issue I have, rushing around trying to complete tasks quickly. Taking a moment and slowing down a bit, being present and aware of ones actions is much more satisfying and effective way to be. I seem to forget that fact daily.

Easy for me to get lost in my head. Couldn't say what I would be thinking about at the time, usually nothing important. There have been a few moments this year where things have slightly gone off the rails, and I am left swearing at myself under my breath.... "fuck guy you gotta be paying more attention to what you doing"

Too add to the emotional part I would say in the higher doses it often makes me more forgiving and wanting to get past things, forgive and forget for sure. Easier to deal with strong negative emotions in higher doses, sometimes, then others they can be intensified. I find if you fail to try to deal with them sometimes that reminder that you didn't try to fix anything can be almost overwhelming, like lay down and wait till its over kind of stuff. Those tend to be the "bad" trips for me. In the end though I always feel better. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!