100_1415.JPG

• Arathu and YoshiTrainer like this

#42 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 10:27 PM

What was going through my mind? I just sterilized 7 quarts of WBR to start more B+ and Nats. Which means I need to buy more shoeboxes (only have 4 not in use).

Recently I've been thinking this is a fun hobby and it would be even more fun to start building a strain/variety library of print/swabs. Also will be fun to test all the different kinds to compare trips.

One vendor has 10 packs of vendor choice swabs for 50% off so might buy that to kick start the collection.

Wish me luck everyone this is going to be a long journey.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#43 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 10:28 PM

Inoculated 1 quart Natalensis and 6 quarts B+ today (made way to much B+ LC).

#44 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:01 PM

One of my agar plates contaminated with red stuff. Threw it out and bought a small FFU as a Christmas present.

#45 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 03:40 PM

4 B+ BRF jars are fully colonized and 3 are almost there. I'm going to wait until all are ready then spawn to two myco bags. Natalensis BRF jars are about 50-75% colonized. No sign of B+ or Nat WBR bags yet.

#46 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 04:45 PM

It arrived a day early! Can't wait to try it out!

100_1436.JPG

• Arathu and YoshiTrainer like this

#47 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 09:24 PM

Tested out the FFU today by swiping agar I had stored in the fridge with 2 Avery's Albino swabs.

#48 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,861 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2022 - 09:31 PM

That FFU is a beauty!
  • JuggaloJ likes this

#49 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Yoshi!

This song is great

[Direct Link]

#50 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 06:43 PM

Today was a happy day! Look what I found when I checked on the B+ shoeboxes

100_1440.JPG

• MushLuvR likes this

#51 DocOct

DocOct

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 06:03 PM

I noticed in the reflection of your shoebox that you had some serious greenage in the backround.

I would just like to inform you that mycology and active soils dont mix well. You are at a much higher risk for contamination since soils are mold and bacteria riden.

Obviously you are having success but you are more likely to run into problems with contamination,... much more likely.

Im a trichocereus and lophophor cactus grower and even i keep my mycology and my plants 2 floors apart.

Just a thought though do with this information what you will.

At the end of the day if you grow a mushroom youve succeeded.a103585f2d1bf0d1917bae2d75247a09.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
  • JuggaloJ and YoshiTrainer like this

#52 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 08:30 PM

Man I've been tripping every night for 3 days. So glad I found the 20 minute tea thread although instead of mixing the shroom water with tea I mixed it with cranberry soda or ice coffee. Hot chocolate would be good too.

Here's an update. The first harvest was one shroom it weight 13g fresh, second was the other top shroom and a giant cluster from the bottom that I didn't even know was there until seeing the sub had pushed up off the bottom of the tub. Weight from that was about 50g. All of this was from one tub the other B+ tubs are starting to pin.

Natalensis WBR bag was mixed today at 40%. B+ and Nat BRF jars are 95% colonized. The Avery swab to agar failed no contamination just nothing grew after weeks of waiting. Next try will be with softer agar.

#53 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 09:07 PM

This is all I have left from the harvest.

100_1441.JPG

#54 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 12:17 PM

@DocOct

Hello and thanks for the concern.

Currently I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so as you may guess there isn't a ton of space for either grow. The weed is in a tent in a closet. As for shrooms inoculation is done in the living room in from of a FFU. Incubation is in a dresser and fruiting is in a tent on the opposite side of the room as the weed. This may not be the most optimal arrangement but it'll have to do. Any further advise is greatly appreciated.

Edited by JuggaloJ, 04 January 2023 - 12:18 PM.

#55 DocOct

DocOct

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 04:55 PM

@DocOct

Hello and thanks for the concern.

Currently I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so as you may guess there isn't a ton of space for either grow. The weed is in a tent in a closet. As for shrooms inoculation is done in the living room in from of a FFU. Incubation is in a dresser and fruiting is in a tent on the opposite side of the room as the weed. This may not be the most optimal arrangement but it'll have to do. Any further advise is greatly appreciated.

Its all good dude, im personally not in any position to point out flaws. Im currently growing cheap grow bags off ebay in a carpeted closet at a friends house, i pretty much only have a closet to work with and cant preform any advanced techniques. You are definitely doing more then im doing right now.

I hope you get plenty of mushrooms with what you are working on right now.

And i hope in the future that you get a larger living arrangement, i know in todays economy thats not allways easy to do. I remember when i moved into a 3 bedroom house and i was so excited to have 2 rooms dedicated to mycology. Eventually i started growing cannabis too. Which saved me alot of money and i didnt have to smoke the occasional shit weed.

I grew out of a one bedroom apartment for 4 years though so i know your pain. Everything was so cramped all the time and i was allways sleeping on the couch because the bedroom was reserved.

Good luck on youre endeavors, ill be tuned in for sure.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

#56 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 07:26 PM

The other day my mom gave me 9 or 10 old half pint jars so I decided to start the process of making spore syringe from print. For sterilizing I sucked boiling water into empty syringe shake let set then empty a few times. Tomorrow I'll actually make the spore solution from a Mazatapec print and prep BRF.

#57 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 January 2023 - 09:26 PM

Bottom fruit

100_1443.JPG 100_1444.JPG 100_1445.JPG

#58 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 07:24 AM

The Nat and B+ WBR bags are done colonizing so I made a 120g batch of coco/verm for the 2 Nat shoeboxes. Later on today I'll make more for B+.

I decided to go with 3:1 coir:spawn because a lot of people say to use a higher ratio with Nats to avoid overlay.

#59 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 11:03 AM

2 Natalensis tubs - 1 part spawn to 3 part coco/verm

100_1450.JPG 100_1449.JPG

Waiting for B+ cooc/verm to reach room temp (bucket tek)

Edited by JuggaloJ, 10 January 2023 - 11:05 AM.

#60 JuggaloJ

JuggaloJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 03:04 PM

All done for today

100_1451.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!