• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Heaven007

Heaven007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:48 AM

I am now going to try and grow McKennaii strain.  (GT did nothing to me due to SSRI tolerance "Tachyphylaxis"  Even if they don't work on me I actually enjoy growing them.  It gives a sense of achievement and friendship passing them onto my friend.  Any thoughts on the strength of McKennaii growing?  Your thoughts are most welcome.  

"Always help someone, you maybe the only one who does."

#2 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 November 2022 - 01:06 AM

I finished up a 32 qt grow of them from some LC a few months ago. Considering the sub-par sub recipe I concocted (very low on gypsum) they went fine with medium sized fruits. I'm like you, I like growing them for the challenge more than eating them but I do MD as I feel the need.

A bit more on the sub I used, I came across a Willey Myco vid about that subject where he broke down the recipe. I found out I was being too stingy with the gypsum, like half as much (maybe 2%), and he includes powdered oyster shells in the mix. Each one makes up 5% of the total volume. With all that powder in the mix it comes out more like mud making it difficult to judge field capacity. I ran out of my usual manure so had to use a different brand and that may have come into play. I've got side by side grows that really show the difference in the quantity it will produce. Take a look at my Call of the Shroom thread, last post to see the difference. The BPK is sparse but the fruits are good sized whereas the A+ albino's are prolific but on the small side. I attribute the size to the genetics of the A+ and hope to see a change in quantity with the BPK with the different recipe.

Good luck with your grow!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!