• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krongi

krongi

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 01:50 PM

So I decided to use some old substrate that had already flushed a few times to use as a medium for a bonsai cutting my friend gave me. This happened....

IMG_20221209_132636.jpg

Nothing further to add. Just thought it was damn cool and wanted to share. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but wanted to provide some context  :biggrin:

• Arathu, Skywatcher, JuggaloJ and 4 others like this

#2 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2022 - 11:04 AM

Looks like the mushrooms thought it damn cool too;
  • Coopdog likes this

#3 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,668 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2022 - 08:29 AM

Definitely not surprising to me.....the/a question comes to mind...."what exactly is a "spent" substrate?"

Fungi make dirt......among many other things, primarily they make the soils that "higher level" (I use that term VERY loosely at this point) life needs for survival....

From the soils we ALL spring and to them we ALL shall return.....in circles.....

Very cool post....keeping in mind that some root systems will not like some species of fungus.....that appears to be a good mix assuming the plant thrives....

• MushLuvR likes this

#4 JustinAskin

JustinAskin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 12:37 PM

This is super cool.

The wife and Ihappend to purchace a couple Bonsai kits for us and the kids. We need to grow from seed ‍♂.

I was wondering if I should tryo the same type of thing!

Might have to look into the mycelium and the tree not being compatable, I am super new to this and didnt even think that woild be a thing.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!