• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 06:27 PM

Ive searched the archives and for some reason I cant find a Poo tek (Pictoral)
My intentions are to do a Poo/straw TEK I found a good straw tek but I still need Poo.

Can someone post me a link with a easy pictoral Poo Tek that includes the Sterilization of poo also?

TIA.

#2 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 06:41 PM

I just pasturized the 2 together 50/50. I just did mine with hot tap water, 1/2 cup hydra lime, and 1/2 cub bleach. I let it soak in the sink for a couple hours. I spawned it with wbs. Lookin good so far.

#3 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

Bump..

Attached Thumbnails

• bump.gif

#4 Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:52 PM

What kind of manure? Basicly, you want to wet it to field consistancy, then pasteurize only, never sterilize.

Kitchen sinks must be one of the filthiest places in an entire house. The P-trap below the sink collects all sorts of garbage, which feeds bacterial colonies that thrive on the sides of the pipes. They survive all the soap, cleansers and bleach we dump down our sinks all the time. Not a good choice for the pasteurization bath.

#5 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

Crap! I hope i don't have any problems. That's the first time i've used the sink and it will be my last. I didn't even think of that. I guess it's back to the Roughneck. Thanks again!

#6 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:37 PM

What kind of manure?

Cow is what I was thinking.

#7 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:43 PM

It's not store bough is it?

#8 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:47 PM

It's not store bough is it?

Havent got any manure yet. I wanna get the Teks first bfore I get any.

#9 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:53 PM

Post removed for bad/wrong information. There is nothing wrong with store bought cow manure.

#10 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:56 PM

Store bought is loaded with fungicides to prevent mold. Get yourself some good'ol horse/cow poo from the field. It's kind a funny when you call somebody up and ask them if you can gather poo out of there field!

I only gotta drive matbe 10 minutes and theres many farms filled with Cows and Horses...I guess I'll wait till it gets a bit warmer where iam and then go askin for Poo.....

#11 Guest_texas_bob_*

Guest_texas_bob_*

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:30 PM

Check this out. This is the way I pasturize poo and straw although this thread dosnt use straw just add the straw and do everything like is shown.
http://mycotopia.net...html?1053729855

#12 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:40 AM

Check this out. This is the way I pasturize poo and straw although this thread dosnt use straw just add the straw and do everything like is shown.
http://mycotopia.net...html?1053729855

Thx Texas_bob thats exactly what I was lookin for.

#13 Guest_texas_bob_*

Guest_texas_bob_*

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:52 AM

No prob it is a very good tek.

#14 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:45 AM

here's another poo-straw tek
http://mycotopia.net...html?1064289648

#15 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:21 AM

Thx Guys.

Attached Thumbnails

• respect.gif

#16 Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:01 AM

There is nothing wrong with store bought composted cow manure. It works great for mycology. As a matter of fact, it's all I use. I live in a big city and don't have easy access to horse farms. It doesn't matter a whit if it has fungicides or not. In fact, the fungicides might help prevent contamination in your bulk grows. One needs to bear in mind that fungicides don't work on mycelium, only spores. Nobody shoots spores into their manure. We shoot spores into our agar or grain spawn, then place the live mycelium into our compost/poo. I use a combination of composted cow manure from the nursery, coir, coffee grinds, seaweed, worm castings, a SMALL amount of chicken manure, and all is cut 50% with verm. Lime with hydrated lime to balance the PH. Pasteurize and use!

#17 toasty

toasty

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:20 AM

thanks rodger

#18 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:58 AM

There is nothing wrong with store bought composted cow manure. It works great for mycology. As a matter of fact, it's all I use. I live in a big city and don't have easy access to horse farms. It doesn't matter a whit if it has fungicides or not. In fact, the fungicides might help prevent contamination in your bulk grows. One needs to bear in mind that fungicides don't work on mycelium, only spores. Nobody shoots spores into their manure. We shoot spores into our agar or grain spawn, then place the live mycelium into our compost/poo. I use a combination of composted cow manure from the nursery, coir, coffee grinds, seaweed, worm castings, a SMALL amount of chicken manure, and all is cut 50% with verm. Lime with hydrated lime to balance the PH. Pasteurize and use!

My bad!

#19 panic

panic

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:01 PM

is it critical to test ph, or is there a universal amount of lime to add?

#20 Guest_texas_bob_*

Guest_texas_bob_*

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:23 PM

I dont test for PH but it is something a serious grower would probably need to do.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!