Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

coming down anxiety... serotonin inbalance?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

It really is that simple for me. I am not going to let my thought proccesses make my body chemistry mine own enemy.

Very well said.
Tripping is a very new process for me. I love it and have said from my first trip that shrooms tear away our false sense of reality and allow us to see things as they really are, that is if you are willing.

I never experience anxiety coming up. It's more excitement than anything.
It's the coming down that has gotten to me the last few times. I have a feeling that in my case it is not the dose but low blood sugar. I almost always fast before ingesting them as the one time I didn't, I was very sick. I have had trouble with hypoglycemia in the past. I just never put two and two together.
I have a little difficultly eating while/after coming down as my taste buds are out of wack and NOTHING tastes good. But I do know that hypoglycemia can cause anxiety, irritability and other things like headaches. . .
I will have to plan a meal before dosing, for the coming down phase, to ensure easy accessibility.

#22 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

I have found that a bunch of scrambled eggs with onions, bell peppers, some beef or ham with some jack cheese in a tortilla fixes the hunger bug right up! Easy to make and good as hell! Some mellow tunes are good too!

Mermadia, Check out the Mood Doculators. They are just what the Doctor ordered for peace of mind.(they are a sponsor here)(Bitching tunes)!!!!:teeth::dance:

#23 cap'n cube

cap'n cube

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 179 posts

Donator

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:27 AM

anxiety on a come down must be a bummer, I personally enjoy the come down as much as the trip. It gives me time to reflect on what just happened and how to improve on aspects of my life I have seen from this different perspective, I normally chuck on some mellow music like the police or miles davis and just chill and reflect.I've found 1 or 2 beers can be quite enjoyable.

#24 cap'n cube

cap'n cube

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 179 posts

Donator

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:30 AM

........sometimes I find coming up can be a little rough for me but once I get into the guts of it, I'm sweet! :p

#25 DJTetsu

DJTetsu

View Source Code

• Expired Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies. Man this is a hard problem to tackle, since everyone is different.

In response to the question, "what's my doseage has been when I get them", I'm usually doin the low to mid doseages (2-4grams)... but it's happened on both low 2g or the bit higher 4gs.

Lately it's happened less and less, but I think it's partly due to increased tolerance (I'm starting to take more).

For now what's worked is the banana. It's unscientific, and not necessairly for its trytophan(though I dont' see how it can hurt), but it is also known to be one of the most nutritious fruits. It could be a placebo effect, but hey no need to bust my bubble.

I was wondering if anyone can vouch for that babying the brain idea, in which it could be the sudden change in stimuli that's causing the irritation.

I will try that sugar suggestion as well next time, and see if I notice any changes.

And also, I would like to hear from those that say, there is nothing you can eat that can matter! I mean, maybe there's some ppl that can have the nastiest junk food before shrooming and be perfectly fine.

You can bet I'll be experimenting some more!

#26 Killjoy

Killjoy

Mycophage

• Validating
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

Karmadiver--
Sounds way too familiar.
the whole social anxiety coming and going... being fine (or close to) at work then stuck at home after.
I too have never had anxiety while on shrooms... For me the after effects are typically just a pleasant mild high, extra energy, and the lingering color enhancements. I've often wanted to trip to just to get to the hours coming down.
I usually smoke pot with shrooms to aleviate some of the body tics/twitches I get.
I seem to have a higher tolerance then most people I've tripped with... 3g is a minimum to get me there. with a good dose being 5-7g, and 12-14g if I'm looking to get lost.
My diet is moslty carbs and fruit. Only eat meat a couple times a week if that-
I almost always eat some kind of Gummies or other sugar while tripping, and tend to eat anything else in the house while coming down. so that may help me,
But I've also tripped in the woods with no food, and still felt great coming down...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!