Fisana

- - - - -

self filling syringes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_unclefester_*

Guest_unclefester_*

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:59 PM

Does anyone have a link for the mechanical syringes for cheap? How about the kind of blender that can be pressure cooked for sterility?

Does anyone feel generous enough to post a link to teks on using these things?
Thx all

#2 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:30 PM

I'm not sure if these are the kind of syringes you are looking for or not.

http://www.pbsanimal...bab9 1109108717

#3 petri

petri

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:41 PM

Someone posted just the link you are looking for on syringes not to long ago at the old board. It was a site where you can purchase vet supplies. That's a good place to start looking until someone smarter than I can link you up. As for the autoclavable blender, I have good news. A standard blender base fits a narrow mouth mason jar. Just remember to leave the lid just barely loose when pcing, or it will melt down. I pc mine with distilled water in it and love using it for cloning. Clone water can be put directly into brf or spawn without the added step of liquid or agar culture. You can even blend a brand new in the jar cake and use that. If you give it a few minutes, the cake water seperates into three layers. Verm on top, water in the middle, and rice on bottom. If you let it sit a couple days in the fridge, the verm will sink leaving myc water on top. I use the shit out of my mason jar eberbach and 30cc auto syringe. I think they are very good purchases for this hobby.______OOPS!! Insight gave you the exact link I was referring to! Thanks Insight!

#4 Guest_unclefester_*

Guest_unclefester_*

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for the link Insight, and the details petri

BTW, when you say "leave the lid just barely loose" do you mean the mason jar you screw onto the base?

Also, how do you sterilize the syringe Insight linked?

#5 petri

petri

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:58 PM

Yes, the blender base is being used as a lid to the mason and should be barely loose. Wrap it all up in foil before pc. You may also want to wrap and pc a regular lid to store the jar with. My syringe is a chrome and glass jobbie. I wrap it in a foil packet, wrap the needle in a packet and then pc along with the blender jar. I would imagine any auto type syringe would be able to withstand steam sterilization.

#6 redrum

redrum

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

All you need on the jar to PC is the blade assembly and gasket
don't put the threaded retaining ring on in the PC or it will warp
fill jars with water put the blade assembly with the gasket on and
cover with foil and PC , when done then screw on the retaining
ring which you should have wiped off with Lysol , as for your
mechanical syringe maybe your looking for an Inoculation Gun.
Hope this info helps and here's a link for an Inoculation Gun .

http://www.mycosuppl...tion&key=INGU01

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!