• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:50 PM

Flax takes bout 4 days to germinate and doesn't grow so fast that u have to keep trimming back -well so far at least...

#42 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:20 PM

doesn't grow so fast that u have to keep trimming back -well so far at least...

hmmm, good thinking. we should consider this a positive trait for woodlover tub grows. Plants that grow super thick, have extensive root systems and stay small = ideal.

#43 Mortandello

Mortandello

Brazilian Mush Hunter

• Expired Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:56 PM

i have to say: REALLY WONDERFULL! NICE nice nice nice!

#44 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:09 AM

QUESTIONS FOR WAYLITJIM
This is an amazing thread and tek but I got some questions.
In post number #1 you show several photos.
The first four are of your LC. The Tea made from the wood chips is interesting but then you quickly say that you added 1 tsp of Karo syrup. Doesn't 1 tsp of Karo syrup added to 250 mil of plain water make for qreat LC? So why the hickory tea? Seems like it would work just as well with the KARO LC solution. Everyone who posts to this raves about the LC solution, but it seems quite unimportant for any fruiting as compared to substrate. You say WOOD LOVER spores grow like crazy in your hickory teak plus KARO syrup LC solution. Well as far as my experience, any shroom spores (fungus) will germinate on practically anything organic. I have germinated all kinds of unknown wild shroom spores in regular old PF jars, straight in and I always got a jar full of mycelium. Whoopdee fucking doo! I don't understand your enthusiasm for your Hickory tea Karo LC. It is your substrate formula that is the heart of this tek as you can inoculate that substrate with any myelia in almost any kind of culture (PF substrate would be really good too).
The next two photos are wood chips with gorgeous mycelium. Well that's a wood lover for you. I think Cubies will do the same on that.
Then comes the truly mysterious photos that are confusing me big time. You got three clear plastic jars with really fabulous Azures. The substrate doesn't look anything like the wood chips you show.
Then comes lots of posts expressing much enthusiasm being very impressed. The conversation then goes on to cloning tek (the usual) and microwaving teks (the usual)
Then comes post number 14
"Here's some pics to demonstrate another way of using the wood lover liquid culture. Once the L.C. has grown out, prepare some quart jars containing the final fruiting substrate. I don't get what you mean by "another way". It looks like the way of your post #1. I see something rather funny - on the bag of grass seed there is a notice that says "fungus protection" - HUH??
Next are several pics of what looks like quart jars with very nice colonized mycelium - very easy to do with any mushroom spores in my experience, and I have germinated all kinds of unknown shroom spores in regular PF jars.
Then in post #16 you got some very nice photos of jars of colonized substrate which appears to be your ALDER chips and then a final photo of the "spawn" laid out in the blue tub.
Then in post #18 you say you are going to fruit sometimes this fall. So in other words, this tek of yours hasn't produced any AZURES yet?. But then the clear plastic jars with the amazing AZURES fruiting are in your first post.
And then in post #21 you show some amazing looking azures invitro by LOKI.
And then in post #26 you say that the TUB ATTACHMENT 32320 (presumably that blue one above) was recently cased with cactus soil and you explain you will move it outside in November and you say the "temperature should promote fruiting". So we are still in future tense. Meaning that your tek hasn't been shown to work yet other than those impressive photos of other peoples work with the AZURES of which a couple were from LOKI.
So what about the impressive photos of the Clear plastic jar fruiting of AZURES in post number #1? Are those yours? And if not whose are they? And then what do they have to do with your tek which seems to me to be your substrate formula of ALDER CHIPS, CACTUS POTTING SOIL and the GRASS SEED WITH THE FUNGUS PROTECTION (I got to chuckle about the "fungus protection"). So your tek is very simple with the substrate - 75% ALDER CHIPS - 15% Cactus soil and 10% rye grass seed with FUNGUS PROTECTION
Then in post #29 you show the blue tub with the cactus soil being colonized.
Next in post #31 you say that fruiting Azurescens requires a higher Nitrogen to Oxygen level in the casing but that cubies require a higher oxygen to nitrogen content. I always thought that our atmosphere was mostly Nitrogen? Where do you get this info????? And then how does one create a higher nitrogen level in the casing??? Do you use a nitrogen bottle or something?? And then you go on to say you need "beneficial bacteria" in your casing layer to promote fruiting. And then you say you use a "rich organic unsterile soil in your woodchip spawn. Wouldn't that "unsterile" soil create contamination in your woodchip "spawn" and destroy everything? And then you show two photos of a lot of pinning. Where is that? Is that in your blue tub. When you say the microbes create a higher nitrogen level in the casing soil, I guess you just say that, but if you keep the mycelium aired well, the higher nitrogen gas level will even out. Don't they put nitrogen in balloons to make them float? Or is that Hydrogen?
Well anyway, I could go on and on with questions.
BUT I WILL END WITH THE MAIN ONE - IS THIS TEK REAL? Of course it will grow mycelium, but mycelium will grow on practically anthing including many different types of grains.
So my last question is where did those nice clear plastic jars of fruiting AZURES come from and whose are they? And why did you use them if they are not yours (I guess - but maybe they are yours).
If you would clarify this, then I can believe you and maybe even try this myself because it apparantly is very simple, even enough for me.
The Prof

#45 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:19 PM

Whoopdee fucking doo! I don't understand your enthusiasm for your Hickory tea Karo LC.

It seems very apparent that you don't have any experience with woodlovers. And that's fine.
But many of you questions come across as being rude. What gives???

This thread is just part of my Woodlover Tek, which I see you haven't read. I've fruited both azurescens and Psilocybe cyanescens, and I have many pictures to prove this. Why are you trying to discredit my experience? Read my woodlover tek. http://mycotopia.net...ead.php?t=14464

By the way, there are 2 pictures in this thread which are not mine. It was very clear I wasn't trying to take credit for his pics. If you would have read carefully, you'd see I gave credit to Loki!

This vase from Loki is the closest I've seen.

So my last question is where did those nice clear jars of fruiting AZURES come from and whose are they? And why did you use them if they are not yours (I guess - but maybe they are yours). If you would clarify this, then I can believe you and maybe even try this myself because it apparantly is very simple, even enough for me.

Yes, those photos are mine. http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=6935

Psilocybe cyanescens http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=6290

Transfer, cultivation http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=6046

#46 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

''This is an amazing thread and tek but I got SOME questions.''

Hahaha this line made me laugh..sorry :lol: ;)

(Proffesor..your taking this 'hobby'..because that's what it is..far to serious !)

#47 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

Many years ago I tried to grow AZURES and it didn't work. I used ALDER chips and verm and got great looking jars of mycelium but I got no shrooms. I don't really care because if I want to TRIP I just grow some cubies in a jiffy and extract with ethanol to get crystals and got the most powerful teonanactl there is.(I always thougth the only reason one would want to grow magic shrooms is trip)

I got this entire thread in an archive file along with the photos (did that for the first time last night) and really studied it off line. I might seem rude but it is because I am a very critical type of shroomer. Remember how I questioned ROGER RABBIT? My questions were good and meaningfull. Didn't Hip jetison him? So I aint no dummy when it comes to shrooms.

That is good that those first three AZURE photos are yours, but like I said, they don't seem related to this tek, but appear to be of another type of tek. You didn't say anything about that and then with the rest of this tek, you always put things in FUTURE tense. So I got a disconnect on that.

An impressive AZURE tek is over at www.fanaticus.com with PFE and his outdoor AZURES. He grew them in Holland and it seems to be very easy but it's not easy enough for me. I like absolute no brainer shroom growing teks that are %100 reliable every time.

I still chuckle at the "FUNGUS PROTECTION" on the grass seed. I used to use a kind of perenial rye grass seed that didn't have any of that in it. I would think one would avoid "FUNGUS PROTECTION" addidtives in ones seed if fungus was the goal.

Sorry for being rude. I guess I am just a bitter old man. 5 weeks to probation termination and then I will be a lot fucking happier. What a pain I have been going thru since my encounter with the shit headed D.E.A. But in the end, at least I got my own BLUES band and I am back with my music having fun raising hell in nutvile biker bars out here, but I aint stoned. That will come to an end in a few weeks and I will be able to join my band mates outside in the parking lot when we check our tire pressure.

Good day
The Prof

#48 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:29 PM

:hippie:

#49 mikeownow

mikeownow

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:45 PM

So how long does it take for a azur or cyan from spore to lc and how long from lc to spawn to 100% colonised?

#50 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:50 PM

''This is an amazing thread and tek but I got SOME questions.''
Hahaha this line made me laugh..sorry :lol: ;)
(Proffesor..your taking this 'hobby'..because that's what it is..far to serious !)

What's so funny about that quote? "far to SERIOUS!"?
You bet your ass I'm serious.
Being "serious" is what made me create the PF TEK which was "serious" enough to attract the D.E.A. and they fucked me over for it. They picked me out specifically and ran me over. But I have picked myself up and I still have a life.

Plus, the TRIP of the magic shrooms is EXTREMELY serious if you really engage it and go beyond the "pretty colors" and waving walls. THose guys at JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY consider these shrooms serious enough to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on that study the didn't result in anything other than a finding that revealed the shrooms to be a good thing to a lot of people.

So what aint "serious" about these shrooms, and of course I can't think of anything more "serious" than the way one would get the shrooms. And that is the teks.

Good day
The Prof

#51 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

So how long does it take for a azur or cyan from spore to lc and how long from lc to spawn to 100% colonised?

From spores to a LC that's ready to go. About 7-10 days.

From LC to a Qt grain jar > about 3 weeks to one month.

From grain jars to wood chips > about 3 months for colonization, but fruiting won't happen untill 6 months or longer. Depending on the species and temperature.

#52 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:05 PM

:lol: Indeed, the Prof needs a bonghit! :lol:

I was thinking since we all live within a few hours of each other (waylit soon) that the Prof, Waylitjim, Workman and I should hook up for an outing. :D

Trust me guys the Prof is a pussy cat in real life ;) and Mrs Fanaticus whips up one hell of a good lunch too! Just plain good people imo. Would ya mind if we all came a knockin' at your door Prof? I've been feeling the urge to come pay ya a visit again. Perhaps by then all our tires will need to be checked :D

#53 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:09 PM

Man oh man...the PNW is where it is at. I still live in mycophobe world. It is hard for me to find a decent assortment of shrooms at the grocery store. But I have broken the chains that bind!

#54 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:38 AM

:lol: Indeed, the Prof needs a bonghit! :lol:
I was thinking since we all live within a few hours of each other (waylit soon) that the Prof, Waylitjim, Workman and I should hook up for an outing. :D
Trust me guys the Prof is a pussy cat in real life ;) and Mrs Fanaticus whips up one hell of a good lunch too! Just plain good people imo. Would ya mind if we all came a knockin' at your door Prof? I've been feeling the urge to come pay ya a visit again. Perhaps by then all our tires will need to be checked :D

fuckin A yeah I need my tires filled. They're flat. I am sure we would have a real party.

But make sure we shoot for after OCTOBER 31, which
is the day the feds told us we would be let off their hooks. That date is
3 years now after our sentencing hearing and we got three years
probation.

Those feds still give me the fucking creeps and until I get my ass free of their evil lies and oppression, I still have to live in the shadow of hell.

But it aint long now, just a few weeks. I can't believe I have not smoked my beloved herb in almost 3 & 2/3 years after being a toker since I was 19.
It's been hell and I deserve a break. When I think about it I just start screaming at the air. I hope to fucking god I can eject this hatred eventually. It really hurts and it is bad for my mental and physical health.
So you people just need to know where I am coming from and why I can sound like such a prick. In real life I am a mellow dude.

See ya TCO
The Prof

#55 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,713 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:42 AM

sheesh... and it was such a great thread. :( my brain hurts.

fahtster

#56 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:13 AM

Big guy needs a bong hit too! :hugs:

#57 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:13 AM

LMAO. It must truly be hell to go that long, prof. Well, I wish you the best, and I hope you get high as hell! :lol:

#58 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:34 AM

fuckin A yeah I need my tires filled. They're flat. I am sure we would have a real party.

But make sure we shoot for after OCTOBER 31, which
is the day the feds told us we would be let off their hooks.

See ya TCO
The Prof

:rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

Hear that Jimmy? It'll be Cyan season :thumbup:

I'll be in the area around that time regardless. See ya then. ;)

8, you need to come too! :greenboun

#59 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

fahtster

Yeah it did go off topic. So why not just
delete my post that went off.
The real end to the thread was with
Waylitjim regarding my good questions
as being "rude". The questions still
obviously are standing unaddressed.

Let me give you the definition of the
word "TEK". I created it in reference to
shroom growing back in 1991 when I
published the "Psilocybe Cubensis
growing techniques" by Psylocybe
Fanaticus. Then I shortened it to PF
TEK when I revealed it totally to the
world in 1992 after spending a year
selling the jars (like Hippies so called
mycrotek jars - aka PF JARS) but when
I did it I kept the ingredients "secret".
A TEK is a series of steps that are
complete and exact with no ands ifs or
butts about it (as in hypothetical casing
conditions that may or may not be critical).
You just follow the steps and it works
perfectly and that is what
the PF TEK does.

The PF TEK was
the first original shroom tek ever on the
interenet (copyright ripped off and
posted to ALT.DRUGS by some fuck
head from FINLAND). The PF TEK
remains damn near perfect, or just
maybe absolutely PERFECT. You
don't need guess work.

This Waylitjim "tek" is full of future
tenses and what ifs and unknown
entities like "nitrogen levels in the
casing" or "beneficial bacteria" ect or
that the liquid culture tek that really doesn't
have anything to do with growing these
shrooms. Inoculant can come in many
forms like birdseed jars or dry and lean
PF substrate. And then I just wanted to
know if the shrooms pictured in post #1
were the RESULT of the tek written
herein by Waylitjim. So Waylit says
they are his photos but that doesn't
answer my question if those shrooms in
post # 1 are the result of this tek on this
thread. What he has is that blue tub
that he "plans" on fruting outside when it
rains and gets cold. SO that means
this waylit tek is an experiment in
process and no completed "TEK". So
I am not impressed, but it does look
very interesting like any experiment can
and I am not saying it is bad or sucks.

No, what I am asking and saying is that
this is not a TEK yet. It is an
experiment in progress that could be a
tek all depending if that blue tub fruits
AZURES. Then you got something
serious.

And another thing, my questions were
about this thread. I don't need to go
searching around this huge site for
some other "tek". The answer should
be on this thread. That would be a
complete tek, not some fragmented
thing spread around.

So the end of the thread is basically
Waylit just calling me rude. He is the
man with the answers and he aint giving
any. You know, around here when one
asks good solid questions and gives
challenges, you get being called "rude"

You all forget how I seriously got into
questioning old ROGER RABBIT about his
so called "teks" and I got savaged and called
rude and all kinds of insults. And then you
forget that HIPPIE threw the Rabbit off
the forum or something like that, so I hear
that Rabbit is now spreadiing his bullshit over
at the Shroomery that at one time years ago
believed the Hawkeye lies that the PF CLASSIC
was a poisonous strain and that his B+ was an
Azure Cubie hybrid (during the famous usenet
spore wars of 1998) where people demoted
the professor and gave Hawk and Shaft the
title of the "NEW PF".

Yeah FHAT, my head doesn't hurt. this is
more like my BRAIN hurts.

So who cares.

have a good day

The Prof

#60 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

fahtster

well now it is great again, back on target. Now you just
got to get beyond my "rudeness" and check out my
questions. It is all up to Waylit to bring it back
to greatness.

Good day
The Prof

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!