• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:16 AM

I have heard that cubensis mushrooms have three main alkaloids, psylocybin, psylocin, and baeocystin, now we all know that the first two are the goods, but I have heard bad things about the baeocystin, I dont know if its true but i hear it is linked with bad trips, panic, and queeziness, anyone know about this? I also hear if you powderize your shrooms and then soak them in grain alcohol for a few minutes, the baeocystin will dissolve and be removed but the good shit will stick around in the mush powder, anyone have any ideas about this? thanks :special:

#2 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:45 AM

"baeocystis
First isolated from the mushroom Psilocybe baeocystis, baeocystin is a demethylated derivative of psilocybin."

Posted Image
Psilocybe baeocystis

from http://www.magic-mus...o/chemistry.htm :"The primary active ingredients of Psilocybe mushrooms are (surprise!) psilocybin and psilocin, and to a lesser extent baeocystin and norbaeocystin....

baeocystin and norbaeocystin are just psilocybin with one methyl and two methyls respectively lopped off....

When dephosphorylated, they turn into 4-hydroxy-N-methyltryptamine and 4-hydroxytryptamine. All 4 substances are presumed hallucinogenic, but less so than psilocin or psilocybin....

There has been some speculation on the 'net about them, and a possible correlation between nausea and the amount of baeocystin has been found."

So maybe... how much would an extract would make the trip smoother?

#3 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

A simple grain alcohol extraction (takes 3 weeks tho) removes all of the unpleasant side effects for me and anyone I've shared with. I don't know the pharmacology behind it, only that it works for lots 'o folks.

luck,

:)

soliver

#4 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:44 PM

"Extractions" The only way to fly IMO. All of the fun:greenboun and none of the GI side effects.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!