Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Do I have time to fruit mushies by 14th?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 littlefaucher

littlefaucher

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:11 AM

Well I have a colonized ziploc bag of substrate. Right now the plan is to just keep adding more cakes and colonize more substrate, but I just got the idea that maybe it'd be kinda cool to trip on Valentines day with a girl. If I put some of the colonized substrate in a ziploc container, would I have an eighth of dry shrooms by the 14th?

#2 Guest_pbeester_*

Guest_pbeester_*

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:58 AM

If they aren't pinning now, I doubt it...

(Message edited by PissyBee on February 08, 2005)

#3 Guest_neverblink_*

Guest_neverblink_*

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:28 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

If they aren't pinning now, I doubt it... <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

#4 Guest_vrooota!_*

Guest_vrooota!_*

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:17 PM

sorry

#5 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:11 PM

Wont hurt to try,Just do alot of this >>>> Posted Image

#6 reefer

reefer

Mod of the Ocean

• Expired Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:56 PM

and hope for this

Posted Image

#7 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:35 PM

If you really want to trip on Saint Valentine's day then I suggest you get as much colonized mycelium as you can get, doesn't matter if there are any pins on it or not. Toss the mycelium in some apple juice (yech) or OJ (not so yech) and freeze it for a few hours (note, the liquid doesn't matter, it's just for flavor). When it's thawed strain out the mycelium chunks (or just eat them) and drink the liquid. While this does work, you're using good unfruited mycelium to get a light/decent trip whereas if you let the mycelium fruit you will have good mushrooms and you won't have to drink any nasty ass liquid.

I never thought that consuming mycelium would work until a friend showed me that he'd reuse his old spent cakes. After awhile, if he was really impatient or had extra substrate laying around he'd just eat the mycelium before letting it fruit. Now I recycle all of the used mycelium I have laying around, to save for a rainy day...kind of like saving old roaches for that time you run dry...or combing the ash tray for stems to mix with the resin you scraped out of all of your pipes. It aint pretty, but it just might get you through a dry spell.

#8 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:59 PM

No! No! No!

#9 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:29 PM

What? It's a last ditch effort type deal. If someone really wants to trip bad enough and they aren't patient enough to wait until the mycelium fruits what's the harm?

#10 sparky

sparky

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:32 PM

lol

i cant even imagine needing to trip that bad

Posted Image

#11 Guest_vrooota!_*

Guest_vrooota!_*

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:07 PM

I don't think tripping is a need at all, but if you got time on your hands to make a pscilly potion, than you certainly can do that with whatever myc you got laying around, try a really acidic juice to get the most magic out.

#12 littlefaucher

littlefaucher

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the advice...it's really not that important to me but I wasn't sure. I'd much rather keep trying at growing successfully rather than get impatient and screw it all up.

#13 Guest_taoist_*

Guest_taoist_*

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:30 PM

lol
For the love of Buddha don't eat cakes
or make tea from them
There's a classic thread featuring I believe Nan on this many years back with the little Posted Image face, I just can't find it.
Maybe I drempt it.
Regardless - you don't grow lots of mycelium to eat it, you grow it to fruit it.
Best of luck with your attepmts - you're right on about patience, it is the key.

#14 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:29 PM

There was also a post where Visions said he grew mycelium in boxes of Rice Dream (eg, fake milk). He said to make sure that there is a good amount of magic in the mycelium, one would have to wait until all of the sugar has been used up in the Rice Dream. see http://mycotopia.net...tml?1 012452735 for more info, Visions' post is at the very bottom.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!