• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Leary's Ghost

Leary's Ghost

wuzam.o.d

• Expired Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

the infantecimal amount i know about cultivation, i got from this site. i am always posting some lame-ass question, something innapropriate (not thinking), or generally being a pain-in-the-ass i fear.

every time i ask a question, hip or one of the other mods seem to fire right back with an answer. so i'm thinking hip must sit and almost constantly monitor all new posts as they happen. (and the other mods too).

i guess he gets a few bucks from a sponsor now & then but i am pretty sure he aint getting rich here. plus it costs money to have a site.

is that pretty much how this thing works? if so, i really want to thank you all. this is an awsome site and i know it must take alot of work to keep it going.

i hope every noobie has a chance to read this, or otherwise realize it, and appreciate how lucky we are.

besides the occasional donation, patronizing only this site's sponsors and trying to find an answer in the vaults before just posting away, is there any other things a person can do to be a "good" member?
:hugs:

#2 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:47 PM

Hmm...got a girlfriend?
:flash:

#3 malefacter

malefacter

:P

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

once you start learning start helping other new combers

#4 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:20 PM

Hmm...got a girlfriend?

Another BNL already?

I know for myself I hit that [New Posts] button every hour at least when I am home. But that is why mods are mods. Because of their regularity to the boards and their willingness to help.

#5 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

what do hippie & the moderators do?

We simply answer questions to our best ability. Our goal is to help others in whatever way we can. We're a diverse group, so if one can't help, another can. We don't do this for the money, moderators are not paid. We do it for the love of Mycotopia, and for the psychedelic community at large. Knowledge is power, spread it around. :heart:

#6 reefer

reefer

Mod of the Ocean

• Expired Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

We don't do this for the money, moderators are not paid

Wait, hip isn't paying you jim? I heard he gives that "volunteer" story to the other mods but I can't believe you fell for it.

lol, jk :lol:

Yeah, we've got a good group. Someone that can answer almost any question that comes up. We hope to help.

#7 reefer

reefer

Mod of the Ocean

• Expired Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:04 PM

so i'm thinking hip must sit and almost constantly monitor all new posts as they happen. (and the other mods too).

I just can't stop hitting the 'new posts' button. :meditate:

#8 RalphBlue&Purple06

RalphBlue&Purple06

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:05 PM

Don't mean to jack the thread, but just want to say Thanks to ALL the Mods for running this great site! Ive been here for about 4 years now and its the best!
:hippie: Peace to all mods and all Mycotopiates!

#9 Leary's Ghost

Leary's Ghost

wuzam.o.d

• Expired Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:02 AM

Hmm...got a girlfriend?

not really anymore, gotta wife. she'd never go for a nekid pic on the web however. i know some nice fun-loving girls, however that live in a city far far away. although i am faithful to my wife, i promise to collect lots of BNL entrys from them for my topia friends next time i am in their city.

#10 Leary's Ghost

Leary's Ghost

wuzam.o.d

• Expired Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:05 AM

Don't mean to jack the thread, but just want to say Thanks to ALL the Mods for running this great site! Ive been here for about 4 years now and its the best!
:hippie: Peace to all mods and all Mycotopiates!

not at all, dude! i think this would be a great place to say thanks to all the mods.

i am greatful to everyone for the kindness & patience that has been extended to me. i hope that someday i will know enough to pass it on to someone else.

#11 tricktek

tricktek

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:47 AM

Having read and reread TMC and GGMM over and over for five years, and everything else I could locate, there were still so many questions that I would of liked to been able to ask. Experimentation and persistance have been my ally, but finding this site has filled in the many (and I mean many) gaps in my cultivation know how! Bless you guys:bow:

#12 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:33 AM

i do it for the nookie

#13 straightog

straightog

snitchkilla420

• Validating
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:18 AM

i do it for the nookie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#14 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:46 AM

...besides the occasional donation, patronizing only this site's sponsors and trying to find an answer in the vaults before just posting away, is there any other things a person can do to be a "good" member?
:hugs:

yes,
bring/post information & pix of interest to our members
from whatever sources that you might browse.

#15 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:56 AM

to be a good member just watch a good moderator. they know their shit and thats why this board is freaking awesome. no trash talk or hostility around here, just fun growing talk. nothing beats logging on every morning and seeing some beautiful flushes!

#16 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for the nice comments, leary! I do it to spread the light. If I can help folks then those folks can help more folks and before you know it we are knee deep in cultivators! Exponential growth!

#17 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

If i was hip i'd be wiping my ass with exotic prints and i would make my toilets flush with extracted psilo water.

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:16 PM

no, you wouldn't.
i'm the number 1 target here,
i stay super clean
so i can teach unmolested by the pigs.
if i had a grow op in my house
i doubt i would last long .

#19 roksoc

roksoc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

If i was hip i'd be wiping my ass with exotic prints and i would make my toilets flush with extracted psilo water.

MODS I :heartbeat U

#20 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

We simply answer questions to our best ability. Our goal is to help others in whatever way we can. We're a diverse group, so if one can't help, another can. We don't do this for the money, moderators are not paid. We do it for the love of Mycotopia, and for the psychedelic community at large. Knowledge is power, spread it around. :heart:

:love:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!