- - - - -

Super Bulk Bag Horse Poop Tek Lots o Pics

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 Guest_indicaz_*

Guest_indicaz_*

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:37 AM

1 bag

the log was a straw log and that contaminated...

the poo worked out much better

#122 shroomman21

shroomman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:11 AM

man i love this tek , might have to try it out , because yo ujsut set it up and forget it...

how much you let air out everyday and how much you mist?

how does it retain so much moisture?

#123 Guest_indicaz_*

Guest_indicaz_*

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:52 AM

man i love this tek , might have to try it out , because yo ujsut set it up and forget it...

how much you let air out everyday and how much you mist?

how does it retain so much moisture?

according to sandmans original tek the bag isnt supposed to be opened at all....

well until the first flush is complete... the only time u open the bag is too harvest fruits....

#124 shroomman21

shroomman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:10 PM

but didnt you take , polyfill out of the holes? to push out some of the stale air?

how long you do that?

#125 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 733 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:39 PM

Wow, nice work indicaz..

#126 sandman

sandman

BACTERIA!

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,814 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

but didnt you take , polyfill out of the holes? to push out some of the stale air?
how long you do that?

No you don't ever remove the polyfil. I use a 18" oscillating pedestal fan on high pointing at the bag 24/7 after they colonize.

I must say that straight hot water pastuerized field hard cow patties make a great substrate with no addition of any lime. 2-3 qts spawn per bag, about 6-12 lbs of pasteurized cow doody and boom.

I bet it looked crazy when it was finished indicaz.

#127 shroomman21

shroomman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

nice grow log , im loving im gonna keep posted!

#128 Leary's Ghost

Leary's Ghost

wuzam.o.d

• Expired Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:42 PM

No you don't ever remove the polyfil. I use a 18" oscillating pedestal fan on high pointing at the bag 24/7 after they colonize.

how far away from the bag is the fan? "oscillating" means back & forth i think. do you lock it directly on the bag or let'er move back & forth? if one skipped the fan altogether do ya think the air exchange would be insufficient?

#129 sandman

sandman

BACTERIA!

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,814 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:55 PM

i have found you get a much much much better pin set if you do not fan the bags at all until they are actually pinning. Wait for the primordia and then wait 2 more days for them to be pins, and then place the oscillating fan (back and forth fan) pointing at the bag or group of bags at about 3-5 feet away. You would probably do better with a timer on the fan at about 15 min every hour or 2 instead of 24/7 i am finding.

You can indeed skip the fan altogether as well and never even hand fan it or anything. It will still work well!

Also on the evolution of my tek is it is not necessary to keep the bags dark while they colonize. They seem to do just as well in a normal lit room...which i found odd. I have always gone to great lengths to wrap the rack in black plastic but was lazy once and lo and behold no problem.

After a good 2-3 more runs i am going to rewrite my big bag tek with even more insight.

#130 Leary's Ghost

Leary's Ghost

wuzam.o.d

• Expired Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:26 PM

all great to know!

thanks SM i hope to put this to use soon. just waiting for the 'ol grain to finish colonizing. muhahaha...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!