• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:26 AM

Bleach is a stronger sanitizer and if used in very small amounts is ok..
You don't want the tub to have a strong chlorine smell though cause the myc doesn't like it either..
Generally i use bleach for cleaning the tank and peroxide for maintaining
the water quality..
If you scrunch up the towels and put em in dry then add 1 cupH2o2 per gallon water ...pour into tub bottom and let it get soaked up with minimal standing water left ...That should b good for a couple weeks..

#82 Beshroomed

Beshroomed

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Golly,
My FOAF was unsure of the ratio to mix the peroxide. He used bleach solution excessively on his first grow and it really stunted the growth, however they did fruit for 10 weeks but the flushes were weak and so was the potency. His 2nd grow had great flushes but contams kept getting a couple of cakes per flush. This is his first attempt at caseing and will take your advice.
One more question; once you put the top layer of verm/coir on how wet should it be kept?
Thanks

Oh, and is that 1 cup H202 in a gal jug then the rest water or 1 gal water + 1 cup H202?

#83 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:06 PM

Pour in the peroxide first then top up with wtr to make a gallon...

With Watering minitrays u can be quite liberal..but when first cased just use enough
to keep it damp ...Then as it becomes more colo'd, you can flood and let it drain down the sides and out the drain holes.. if it seems like there is excessive standing water u can just tilt to one side n' let it roll off...
As pinning time approaches and occurs - water should just gently be dribbled on [no spraying] It doesn't matter if primordia or pins get wet as long as there is no prolonged pooling [so they can breathe]
I continue watering until they are about half grown..Just ensure that your tray is draining and provide fresh air ..
The Rh can be as low as 70% with no problemo...

#84 Beshroomed

Beshroomed

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:18 PM

Thanks Golly,
You Rock!

#85 MycoViator

MycoViator

Wall growing ninja

• Expired Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:09 PM

Golly, those containers look great!

Do you also use pp5 as jars to grow the spawn,
or just as trays to case into?

This is gonna be foaf's next project.

#86 LotRev

LotRev

Technopagan

• Expired Member
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:19 PM

Golly:

I read that you didn't PC these trays. Did you have any trouble with the speed of the mycelium growth?

I used these trays once and PC'd them. The growth was very weak and very slow. I ended up throwing most of them out and not using them again. I wonder if it would be better to just PC in other containers and transfer?

Great grow by the way, very impressive. :bow:

#87 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:39 PM

All me spawn is made in glass jars...Although pp5 containers can take the heat - they still tend to warp ,especially when stacked in the PC...
Thnx fer the comments guys....

#88 Beshroomed

Beshroomed

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:32 AM

Hey Golly,
Should my FOAF be useing the Peroxide/water mix to mist the walls of his fruiting chamber or just use the same distilled water he uses for watering the mini trays?
And from what you said I guess the paper towels with peroxide should be replaced every couple of weeks? Or just keep re-wetting them with the H202 solution as they dry out?
Thanks again,
You've been a big help.

Sorry about all the questions, I can't seem to find much on Peroxide besides the Glossary description. Any links to it's practical use and application?

#89 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:07 AM

I wouldn't spray peroxide around the chamber, just plain low mineral water.
Don't wanna be oxidizing any primordia with overspray...
The P towels should be good through 3rd flush - just add more Peroxide water to each corner to be soaked up and keep organic matter from falling on to the towels..A keyword search [google] will reveal all, about H2O2...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!