131 replies to this topic

#41 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:13 AM

http://www.nevadasay...task=view&id=43

to see some emails that the organization in the above mentioned video.

#42 Guest_Transition Force_*

Guest_Transition Force_*

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:30 PM

your avatar scares me

#43 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:32 PM

For once, we'll be able to grow our own shit without worrying about being busted.

rubbish, the DEA is a federal agency and they will still bust any growers they catch.
further the concept of overwhelming the federal enforcement efforts
is also rubbish, they have never busted everyone nor can they,
but that does not stop them from
making an example out of a few people every now and then
to scare the rest into compliant submission.
hanging one will keep 100 in line.

#44 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:11 PM

up until a couple months ago, i personally never would have dreamed we'd be this close to the end of this nonsensical era of Cannabis prohibition in the states....
well, as of late, ive had a change in tune, and i believe we will see some great changes in the not too distant future, as more and more folks are becoming activists, and more and more folks are opening up their minds to new ideas and trusting the government less and less...aka: a revolution? dunno, but id finally be able to obtain medicine for myself and my family without worry of incarceration....what a godsent that'd be! ...fat chance, i know..
...we can only hope :heart:

#45 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:34 PM

...we can only hope :heart:

And spread the word and donate to great organizations like MPP and NORML and get active!:cacti: :eusa_danc :hippie:

#46 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:17 PM

go for it.
i send my letters :eusa_snoo
...i do my part ;)

#47 Guest_DaGoon_*

Guest_DaGoon_*

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:35 AM

What is the point of legalizing it, if federal is still going to bust it up, and have a shit fit?!?!

I think im missing something..

#48 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:16 AM

The federal government will not go after the people posessing it only the state licensed growers. They will have to take one for the team and then the people will step up and say something. If these measures become law and the feds keep messing with medical marijuana and coloradans and nevadans there is a good possibility the topic will come up in '08. Mpp and NORML are busting ass to get these absurd laws changed and you can't go after the federal governments laws unless you have the state and the people on your side.

#49 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:18 AM

I think the key to keeping the feds off nevadans backs is to have a large number of growers that only grow less than 10 plants and spread them out. The feds will get a ton of heat for wasting resources to go after small time grows...Hopefully these laws will change but things will definitely get worse before they get better.

#50 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

we've been sending money to NORML for 30 some years now
and now there are more weed folks rotting in prison than ever before.
it's been legal in CA for several years now
and the Feds still regularly raid & bust the growers and folks who stick their necks out, get too loud and conspicuous .
as for someone 'taking one for the team'-
after you...
:lol:
problem is
where you gotta take it...
Posted Image

#51 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:52 AM

What sucks is that cultivation charges, even for your own supply, carries harsher penalties than just buying it. But why ten plants? Most people could supply themselves with one or two a year and if everybody who smoked did that, the feds would be in a sticky situation . . . even the locals would if it was done somewhere it isn't legal. The problem with that is that growing good bud is a more difficult task than many stoners or casual smokers want to take on whether its lack of patience, lack of space, lack of consent from homeowner, lack of time, lack of good seeds/clones/information, or the inability to get it right and get some good bud for whatever reason. Really, to get good bud it seems you almost have to become an amateur botanist or buy it, unlike shrooms, which are much easier to grow than most people think they are, especially with spores being legal and all. There's no smell, and invitro grows can be practically invisible, even to other members of the house or dorm room . I don't think its very ethical to grow on someone's property without their permission but I might have when I was younger and I still take weed with me places where I know it isn't welcome because of the laws - I seriously doubt anyone in my family would give a shit if I smoked weed outside if it was legal. There will always be a need for weed - not everyone wants to or is able to grow it even if when it does become legal. I know that's pretty much common sense but I have heard the argument that the government won't make money taxing weed because it's so easy to grow that everyone will just grow their own.

#52 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:53 AM

Even if this bill passes, very little will change.
Sure, this is a good start,
but it's only the first step on a very long road.

#53 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:07 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/smHLFWM9HrQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/smHLFWM9HrQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#54 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:23 AM

I smoked a nice bowl watching that.
no i didn't
yes i did

noooho I didn't ;) lol

I'm not high

#55 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 12,479 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

Quote from first few moments of that video: "Dick, let's talk about reality."

I'm still waiting for them to.

Also in the video, they mentioned secondhand pot smoke as a threat!!? Someone should notify Penn and Teller about that. (See their episode of Bullshit! about 2ndhand smoke).

The DA is a total idiot. The good part is that he's an example of the intellectual level of the prohibitionists (that is, LOW). That bad part is that people like him are in positions of authority at all. Seems to me that that is where to focus efforts: throw the propagandizing bums out so at least if a ballot measure passes it won't be undermined by zealous officials spreading yet more misinformation and alarmist rhetoric. Of course, if the misinformation and propaganda support my own agenda then I'm all for it. Marijuana can feed and clothe and medicate and fuel the world, you know. 100% of people who don't smoke it DIE, by the way.

Hell, you know what wrecks more lives and tears apart more families and funds more schools than any drug besides alcohol? How about gambling!

^The above comment only refers to the US, not the schools and infrastructure and such built by the cocaine cartels in Colombia so as to have the support of the locals.

#56 Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/smHLFWM9HrQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

UGHHHHH I need to take a fucking chill pill people are so stupid it's starting to drive me crazy I swear.

<deep breaths deep breaths>

#57 Mind

Mind

• Expired Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:29 AM

I was waiting for him to say "the internets".
I keep my hopes high :)

#58 Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

These guys are so stupid. They are running out of arguments though.

"Gateway Drug: 85% of hard drug users used marijuana" I bet 95% of speed users enjoy coffee. I'd go so far as to say that speed addicts like coffee better than most people. And how many hard drug users had used alcohol?

"Addictive Drug" Well, to be fair, a small percentage of heavy users to experience minor withdrawl symptoms. But this is absolutely nothing compared to addiction to, say, alcohol, or nicotine. Besides that, it is a fairly mild substance to be addicted to, in my opinion, even if you do become addicted.

"Brain Damage" Not even touching this one. The scientist who did all of that research said in an interview that all of it should be ignored. None of his studies have been reproduced.

"200 chemicals!" Yes . . . and? Plants generally have many many chemicals, that doesn't mean they're dangerous. I remember my D.A.R.E. teacher "there are over 400 chemicals in marijuana, are you saying that not one of those causes cancer?" Well no study suggests that it does . . .

LOL, I loved how he was trying to suggest the campaign's money came from drug dealers ^-^

Then there are other arguments I've heard, like if it's legalized there would be a black-market for high-potency stuff. Hello! If it was legalized high-potency stuff would be legal too. I don't understand why they think higher-potency = more danger, when studies suggest marijuana users are self regulating and will smoke smaller quantities of good bud.

I really don't know why they want to keep it illegal.

#59 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:11 AM

I really don't know why they want to keep it illegal.

They are puppets for the alchohol and tobacco industry and i wonder how much longer their noses were after the interview:eusa_liar

Whats really sad is MAFADD or something like that, Mothers and Fathers against drug dealers. They have stuff on their site that marijuana is deadly to children an dblah blah blah i would like to meet these people in dark allies. Their intentions are great but c'mon enough thc in a gumball to kill a small child. I think if they have problems with their small children getting pot candy they should rename their group to WABP we are bad parents and their slogan could be "We did all we could!"

#60 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:38 PM

http://sdmedicalmari...N0JwE&b=2229359

Prohibitionists are palying rhetoric games and lying in radio ads. Who would have thunk it!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!