Fisana

- - - - -

Trouble putting vicks coolmist back together

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_madd_*

Guest_madd_*

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:59 PM

My coolmist was making some noise and I figured a good cleaning wouldnt hurt. I took the top section off that has the cord coming out of it and turned it upsdie down. I Then twisted the grey plastic funnel-looking piece of plastic off and was looking at a small metal rod coming out of the middle of a plastic disc. I remove the plastic disc and then could get a look at the motor. It is held together by two screws that run through all the pieces of the motor. I took these out and cleaned the motor shaft. Now that I am ready to put it all back together, I can't seem to get everything aligned right and get the screws in. Anyone who has taken this apart before should know what I mean and have an understanding of how troublesome this is.

Can anyone help me out here please?

#2 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:01 AM

sorry we missed this one.
did you work it out yet ?
got a way to show us a pcture ?
sometimes one can get the holes aligned by using a thin metal bar, like wire or icepick
to go in the hole far enough to push it straight.
then you remove and start the screw in.
might need to level/balance the unit so the parts align properly before the screw can thread.

#3 Guest_rodger_*

Guest_rodger_*

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:37 AM

You have to turn it upside down, so the Iron around the motor windings will hold it in place while you insert the screws from below with the unit upside down. I made that mistake once with a kaz. It's a serious pain in the ass but you can get it back together if you follow the above. Now I just throw them away when the bushings wear out. That's the noise you're hearing. Before you put it together, put a bit of grease or vaseline on the motor shaft and bushings. Don't use oil.

#4 Guest_madd_*

Guest_madd_*

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:04 PM

Thanks. I'll try that when I get hopme tonight. If all else fails I'll just cut the plastic.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!