Fisana

- - - - -

Help. Advice needed. 83 one year year old jars found by cops

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:07 PM

I made a serious security boo boo, and I need opinions. I have an appointment with my lawyer on friday, but I want to see what this community thinks.

I had an old car given to me over a year ago. It was vandalized and couldn't be moved. When I moved out of my apartment, I took a bunch of jars and other materials (cubes of straw, cow poo, hvac ducting) and shoved in in the car. It was recently taken and due to be demolished as it was abondoned. Apparently in the course of this, the cops found 83 jars. They were at least 3- 4 months old and badly contamed when I put them in the car over a year ago. The cop was pissed on the phone and told me he spent 10 hours fingerprinting jars and getting "black shit" up his nose. (even though this is serious, I loled at thinking of the cop snorting black mold). I gave no info even though he persisted and I ended the call.

Now, given the high degree on contamination and the length of time, what is the chance there is any trace of illegal substanbces in the jars?

Also, if anyone knows, I imagine that such old evidence may not even be valid.

Someone help me out here. I can't talk to my lawyer about it until friday.

#2 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:12 PM

Good questions.

I would ask the same thing. Is there any mycelium in the jars?

And the evidence is not old if they just found it. Just old to you.
Maybe possible to prosecute you with intent to cultivate. Where there spores there also?

#3 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:30 PM

Well, I know this much; do not make it easy on them. Do not answer any of thier questions. It very well may be that the only way they can nail you is with a confession.

#4 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

No spores. Just old jars.

I'm sure there was mycelium at some point, but it was surely dead and highly contaminated. I guess what I am getting at, is would all the bad organisms decompose any dead mycelium and get rid of the edivence for me?

After all, the decomposers had 1.5 years to do their work.

#5 tbonus

tbonus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

that suks man,hopefully you'll be o.k!GLUK:puke:

#6 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

Remember not to say a word until you speak with your lawyer. If worse comes to worse, the car was vandalized and abandoned as you say, does this include unlock doors or busted windows? someone else could have used the car as a ditch place, and you looked through the shit but didn't know it was a bunch of illegal jars so you didn't give it any thought...
Lots of lawyers offer free advice, just don't tell them you already have a lawyer, see if you can see one quick just for the quick advice...

#7 malefacter

malefacter

:P

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

it wold be hard for them to get prints off a jar sitting around colecting dust for a year and what was the cop sniffing his dusting powder for annyway? lol

hell if thay had any real evedence thay woldent be calling you they wold be kicking in your door

#8 beebopboy

beebopboy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:58 PM

Doesnt really sound like they have much on ya thats concrete. With no spores or live mycelium all they could really get on ya is a confession. Hell even if you were growing edibles they'd have no way to prove it either way.

#9 arezap

arezap

Underfunded evil genius

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

From foaf's experience contamm'd jars let go THAT long usually din't have much else but black, green, or w/e colored mold. When emptied the jars produce a puff to a cloud of spores when not done carefully which can be bad for your health. Also the last black mold jars I dumped last year emptied out very easily, were dry enough to pour out like verm alone, and showed no myc to speak of. The contam's still consumed the food source, brf, and whatever else was in the jar leaving mold and dry verm. Now there is the possibility that the vehicle they were in killed everything from the heat of being closed up in summer and everything dried quickly leaving some solid dry myc along with the mold. A spot of advice, take it or leave it it's up to you: Shut the hell up about your case. Don't say a word to anyone about any details of anything about it. If nobody but you knows then it's you against LEO without witnesses. I'm not being rude or a smartass about that. Just cover your ass because it's likely with a few psychological scare tactics, which they WILL attempt, someone may not be as quiet as they should . If they don't know what they have they can't prosecute. It was all edible mushrooms that when they got contaminated it discouraged you from trying anymore so you basically discarded them and gave up. Any nervous behavior will bring suspicion. Give answers without hesitation and confidence in your voice. Get angry at any accusations. Most people lying make excuses trying to convince you they're right and those telling the truth get mad at being wrongfully accused.

#10 beebopboy

beebopboy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:05 PM

Just keep in mind that cops will lie to get you to talk.
Dont trust em at all.
And if they show up at your house asking to come in, ask for a warrant and dont let em in unless they have one.

A few years ago some cops showed up at my hizzy asking to come in and look around, saying if we didnt let em in then theyd bring the K9s and a large squad and all that jive. I wasnt there but my roomate was and he let em in right as they started dishin out that bull. They found a couple bud plants but didnt press any charges. But the moral of the story is... know your rights!

#11 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

I have a strong feeling that they have nothing concrete except what they can make me admit, which so far has been nothing and will continue to be that way.

Regardless, the situation is unnerving. I wish I had just one jar so that I could examine it and see what we got goin on in there. As far as heat killing everything, I moved out in November so contaminants would have had a fair period of time to do their work before any heat would have interfered.

#12 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

From foaf's experience contamm'd jars let go THAT long usually din't have much else but black, green, or w/e colored mold. When emptied the jars produce a puff to a cloud of spores when not done carefully which can be bad for your health. Also the last black mold jars I dumped last year emptied out very easily, were dry enough to pour out like verm alone, and showed no myc to speak of. The contam's still consumed the food source, brf, and whatever else was in the jar leaving mold and dry verm. Now there is the possibility that the vehicle they were in killed everything from the heat of being closed up in summer and everything dried quickly leaving some solid dry myc along with the mold. A spot of advice, take it or leave it it's up to you: Shut the hell up about your case. Don't say a word to anyone about any details of anything about it. If nobody but you knows then it's you against LEO without witnesses. I'm not being rude or a smartass about that. Just cover your ass because it's likely with a few psychological scare tactics, which they WILL attempt, someone may not be as quiet as they should . If they don't know what they have they can't prosecute. It was all edible mushrooms that when they got contaminated it discouraged you from trying anymore so you basically discarded them and gave up. Any nervous behavior will bring suspicion. Give answers without hesitation and confidence in your voice. Get angry at any accusations. Most people lying make excuses trying to convince you they're right and those telling the truth get mad at being wrongfully accused.

I have a good bit of experience dealing with police, and I handled myself accordingly. Thanks for your input.

#13 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:13 PM

I have to leave for work, but please keep posting with any information which I may find helpful. I'll check when I get home.

#14 StroFun

StroFun

Master Baiter

• Expired Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:18 PM

Good luck man!

#15 tricktek

tricktek

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:05 PM

I believe you have been given good advice here. Rehearse it (especially the not saying anything part) until you feel 100 percent innocent of their stupid laws in your mind. I have found in tight situations that a calm positive mindset wins everytime. Remember that we are doing God's work as psylocibes are a spiritual pathway to higher consciousness. God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts! Of course, immediately remove all current projects from your home.

#16 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:29 PM

you have the right to remain silent,
do so.
tell them nothing, except 'talk to my lawyer'.
do not admit that they had cubie mycellia,
not even even to your lawyer.
:reb:
sounds like they have nothing as long as you clam up.
:reb:

#17 Guest_Water_*

Guest_Water_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:04 PM

Silence is golden.

Don't say shit to cops about anything ever.

They will play mind games, but you're ultimately safe by not saying a word.

Keeping quite is not a crime.

I was once questioned by bigger authorities than the police. I kept my mouth shut and they couldn't do a fucking thing to me.

Good luck.

#18 Mycolangelo

Mycolangelo

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:34 PM

It may be concievable that somone dumpped stuf in the abandoned car without your knowledge

#19 beebopboy

beebopboy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

Or that nothing illegal was going on. Not enough to prove either

#20 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

Or that nothing illegal was going on. Not enough to prove either

I am very interested in the decomposition of psylobin. I imagine being in moist, rotting jars exposed to light for over a year would do quite a number on a pf jar. In addition, these jars were never healthy to begin with. They may have had a patch of mycelium here and there but were overrrun with contams before I even took them out of the house. Does anyone have any light to shed on this.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!