Fisana

- - - - -

Help. Advice needed. 83 one year year old jars found by cops

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:43 PM

After working for 6 hours and digesting what happened to me this afternoon, I feel a lot better. I get the impression that they really wanted me to talk and didn't have much else to go on. My girlfriend is pretty pissed though. Granted, I did make a huge mistake of forgetting about incriminating material in an old car and then letting that car be impounded. I told her, "You pay to play. Sporadic police interaction it part of my life. You can be upset and angry with me or you can be supportive. I am going to be productive and do everything I can to come out of this clean as a whistle"

#22 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:23 AM

Good luck maddkapper. I get the impression you are going to be ok. I agree with everyone who says don't say anything to the cops; it seem like you already understand this idea. I'm curious what your lawyer will say on friday.

#23 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:02 AM

its not yours and you don't know nothing! nothing!

siam

Attached Thumbnails

• Schultz.jpg

#24 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:12 AM

:lol:

#25 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:23 AM

Play dumb and the cops will likely act dumb. If nobody but you knows the truth, then the truth can be quite elusive.

#26 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:24 AM

young, un-fruited mycellia contains virtually no psilocybin to begin with,
i think there is virtually no chance of them finding any in the jars

#27 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:14 AM

Thanks Hip. This is what I was hoping. If you think of anything else, feel free to let me know.

#28 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

young, un-fruited mycellia contains virtually no psilocybin to begin with,
i think there is virtually no chance of them finding any in the jars

What do you think about the possibility of a "conspiracy to manufacture" type charge.

My guess is that in the absence of any illegal material, I could have just as easily being growing edibles or attempting to produce various types of mold (for whatever reason)

#29 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

you have the right to remain silent,
do so.
tell them nothing, except 'talk to my lawyer'.
do not admit that they had cubie mycellia,
even to your lawyer.
sounds like they have nothing as long as you clam up.
:reb:

Don't admit it to my lawyer? I am intersted in your reasoning on this. The only two people in the world I am completely honest to are my lawyer and my doctor. I like to give my lawyer all the information as it is and let him make up the lies/cloud the truth for me. I don't have my appointment until tommorow afternoon, so let me know what you think.

#30 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:58 PM

I'm curious what your lawyer will say on friday.

I'll post when I get home from the meeting.

#31 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:59 PM

To them its pretty obvious there are mushrooms involved. The time and money needed to pursue a case like yours likely will not be worth it to them. Thats why I agree with malefactor, they called you they didnt kick down your door. They might be able to score a search warrant based on thier findings, so Id clean house if you didnt already.

That said, the conspiracy charge would only apply if there was evidence of magic. The d.a. probably told the cop that without a confession from you he wouldnt get his name in the paper for busting a huge drug farm worth 25 billion dollars. So the cop in desperation called you. This is all an educated guess, but I wouldnt sweat it. I dont think I would get a lawyer unless they actually filed charges. Just prepare yourself, and have some bail money ready just in case it goes bad.

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

if you confess to your lawyer
he cannot lie for you in court,
that would be unethical.
as a member of his state bar association
lawyers are considered to be
officers of the court
and are obligated to
tell the truth.
only admit to what they can already prove,
only after they actually do prove it.
it's best for your lawyer that he does not know
so he can give it his best effort to
defend an innocent man.
if you admit guilt
all he can do is work on getting you a plea deal,
and why plead out when you can beat it eh ?

#33 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

if you confess to your lawyer
he cannot lie for you in court,
that would be unethical.
as a member of his state bar association
lawyers are considered to be
officers of the court
and are obligated to
tell the truth.
only admit to what they can already prove,
only after they actually do prove it.
it's best for your lawyer that he does not know
so he can give it his best effort to
defend an innocent man.
if you admit guilt
all he can do is work on getting you a plea deal,
and why plead out when you can beat it eh ?

Gotcha. I really want him to understand the specifics of the case, while means he has to understand a littlr bit about the life cycle of a mushroom and how it can be grown. I guess maybe I should say something like, "the police have 83 jars which were used to grow mushrooms which may or may not contain an illegal chemical" Any other ideas on how to make him understand the specifics without putting him in the position of making him have to lie would be helpful.

#34 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

Im all for preventive measures, but arent you jumping the gun a bit. Lay low, and dont worry about a lawyer until you need one. You have not been charged with anything, correct?

#35 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

Im all for preventive measures, but arent you jumping the gun a bit. Lay low, and dont worry about a lawyer until you need one. You have not been charged with anything, correct?

Maybe I am jumping the gun, but my lawyer wont charge me unless he has to sumbit a breif to me or make a court appearance. He will advise me and press my rights with the police for free.

Since I am now aware that I am the subject of an active investigation, I am going to be doing everything I can to make sure that investigation hits nothing but bumps in the road and terminates as soon as possible.

To add insult to injury, I plan to have my attorney get all my jars back eventually as well.

#36 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

The cops will lie about what's in the jars no matter what actually IS in them, which is why I'd deny the entire shebang and say nothing else. The car's been junked for a year - how are you supposed to know what's in the fucking thing? One day, you popped the trunk looking for a tire iron, saw a bunch of shit in there, didn't find the tire iron, planned on getting the whole thing towed anyway, so you didn't stress over it... you figured it was someone's trash, old jam, preserves, etc., but didn't look too close as they were obviously rotten anyway.

Those cops have a great imagination and too much spare time... imagine them trying to nail you with someone's old shit... deny all and say nothing else save why you were ever in the trunk (assuming your prints are all over the jars?)

:)

soliver

#37 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

... I'd deny the entire shebang and say nothing else. The car's been junked for a year - how are you supposed to know what's in the fucking thing? One day, you popped the trunk looking for a tire iron, saw a bunch of shit in there, didn't find the tire iron, planned on getting the whole thing towed anyway, so you didn't stress over it... you figured it was someone's trash, old jam, preserves, etc., but didn't look too close as they were obviously rotten anyway...

exactly.
and don't try to 'educate' your lawyer about mushrooms either,
just shut up and play dumb.
he'll learn what he needs to know on his own,
that's how they earn that $100.00+/hr.

#38 Guest_Water_*

Guest_Water_*

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:34 PM

maddkapper man...

You need to do two things, relax and shut up.

There's no need to confess anything to anyone. Noone knows shit except you and you seem determined to lie instead of just keeping quite.

Lies will only dig you deeper. It's simple, you know nothing about nothing.

Don't try to educate your lawyer on shrooms, in fact, I don't see any reason to even get a lawyer involved until you're charged with a crime of some sort.

#39 mredude

mredude

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:34 PM

Haha yeah let THEM prove whatever it is they think they can prove. They are screwed because they have nothing. Suspicious jars.
Without actual illegal anything left in those jars, some sort of 'intent' charge would be a waste of anybody's time. Your lawyer could chew them to bits with everything from lack of evidence to the fact the car was abandoned.

I had cops call me before because I was seen leaving a store with unpaid goods, apparently. "Don't know what yer talking about".
They said I should come on down with the stolen goods as it would be best. Ahahaha! Yeah, they'd LOVE evidence.

Sadly I had no evidence for the nice copper and never heard from him again, just like you will when you provide no evidence.

Rock.

#40 tricktek

tricktek

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:44 AM

Pay a narc to incriminate you on something horrible, (meth manufacturing), and have them bust in your door. (of course your clean). Do this two more times, and then have your lawyer file suit to keep all leos off your property. Like the joke, guy gets pulled over, officer wants to see insurance, driver sais, "Don't be shocked, I keep my gun in the glovebox too". "I'm too drunk to get outta da car". "Dead body in the trunk". Officer calls for backup. 6 squad cars later, no alcohol, gun, or dead body. Driver exclaims to the Sergeant, "He prolly said I was speeding too!". Get It !!!!!!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!