152 replies to this topic

#41 Leary's Ghost

Leary's Ghost

wuzam.o.d

• Expired Member
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:54 AM

sorry i joined this so late but....
1)i think remain silent has been covered. i concur.
2)cops are lying MF's
3)if they had anything solid, they wouldnt be fishing, they would be arresting and squeezing.
4)even if your prints are found, dosnt prove shit. an old junk car that anyone had access to? somebody filled it with trash & you sorted through it and thought: "shit, wonder what this is i gotta clean up?" (this is lawyer talking not you. thats his job. STFU.
5)lawyer dosnt need to know your guilt or innocence to point out a lack of evidence of either to the man, or conversely, point out the strength of evidence against you to you. all this is done with out you saying a word in front of police. once your lawyer tests the strength of their evidence and finds out what they have got, then you guys decide if you will speak your first word.

sounds like the keystone cops to me. morons. calling you up and complaining about inhaling print dust? fuck'em its good for the lungs. sounds like they dont have shit and you should be fine as long as you dont open your mouth.

good luck, i'll be sending positive vibes your way.

LG

p.s. i guess it goes without saying that you gotta stay squeeky clean anywhere near that place for quite a while?

#42 Hugz

Hugz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:31 AM

Remain Silent, and Never give them shit on you! and to Beat a dead horse Play Dumb and and Don't trust any lawyer, cause they all are crooked and will screw you in the end. I am a victim of America's crimnal justice system, have done 7 years in NY and 3 in NJ and the will tell you what ever they think u want to hear. I will be off Paper in 6 months. Moral to this rant is Make them follow the law and respect your 4th admendment rights!
:reb:

#43 Guest_lost_onabbey_rd_*

Guest_lost_onabbey_rd_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:34 AM

soliver has some good advise
don't stress man
just deny everything..
they don't have shit.
and personaly i wouldn't talk to a lawyer unless they are filing charges
the advise may be free
but it's uneeded
you had a junk car
somebody dumped some shit in it
you rumaged around looking for something one day
end of story
if your the only person that knows the truth
keep it that way
sounds like the cops have nothing if they are calling you fishing for imformation
just lay low until something else catches their attention

#44 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 02:39 PM

I spoke with my attorney on Friday. Since the car was locked and had no broken windows, he feels that I should figure on assuming ownership of the property inside.

However, he agreses that psilocybin has a "shelf life" which has long since passed and that no trace of any illegal chemicals will be found. However, druh lab results may take up to two months. He feels I will most likley be charged before the lab results come back abd then they charge will be dismissed after the lab work.

This means I should expect to be arrested, have money ready to make bail, and possibly pay for a trial. My attorney also stated that since I have no previous convictions, I should work out a deal and get ARD if I can. He said that in my state, i can pretty much get busted gorwing pot/mushrooms one time with not much of a penalty. he reccomended I not use my one time on piddly shit like this. Rather, I should do it big while I have a totally clean record.

Anyway, chances are that I might get stuck with paraphenalia charge (misdemeanor) or less likely, a manufacture/distribution charge (felony), at least until the lab resuilts come back. With this said, I will be working a lot of overtime to try and gather money for bail/legal frees.

My attorney also sent a letter to the police department that they should not attempt to contact me further and that all issues regarding my case can be sent through him. He also stated that should a warrant be issued for my arrest, he can arrange for my presence to be arrested (and hopefully to leave on the same day).

#45 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 02:53 PM

I don't know man, I think I would've left it alone. I can't imagine there would any trace amounts of alkaloids in the jars. Especially considering molds and bacterium were present. Don't say shit to anyone else (lawyer included). All he wants is your money for now. If they can't find any illegal alkaloids, they don't have shit.

#46 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

So what if the doors are locked, the person who dumped the jars in your car musta locked it afterwards.
:bs:
a junked car is just that.

#47 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:34 PM

I am taking donations to my legal fund at [removed]
editorial note: not offense intended but i can't let you solicit money for this here-hip

hehe. I doubt I will see any money, buy hey...can't hurt.

I am looking into bail bonds now so that if/when i am arrested i will already have my ducks in a row with a preapproved bond.
I need 2k down for a 50,000 bond.

Edit: no offense taken Hip

#48 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:47 PM

My attorney also stated that since I have no previous convictions, I should work out a deal

:lol:
what did i tell you ?
you confessed to your lawyer
and now all you get is
guilty as charged, let's work out a deal.
what a waste.

#49 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:53 PM

what did i tell you ?
and now all you get is
what a waste.

No, thats not what I get. He is mereyl making me aware of all my options, and giving a reccomendation that fits with my long term legal strategy. My attorney knows me and know how I am. He has worked with me on a number of cases and has never done me wrong. Long story short, i trust him.

He even went to so far as to tell me that I should work this one out without getting a serious charge. That way I can continue to grow and save that case for another day. Went so far as saying "You pretty much get one freebie for growing in this state, so use it on a big grow, and then be done with it"

Edit: he also knows I don't want to spend 10k for a trial.

Makes sense to me.

#50 acriddesolation

acriddesolation

The Desolate One

• Expired Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:59 PM

what did i tell you ?
and now all you get is
what a waste.

As I was always told back when I was young....

"A hard head makes a soft ass" or something along the lines of that....:shy:

So is there anyway at all that maddkapper could get a new lawyer to look into the situation, that way kap could go through this without having to take a plea deal or is it all set in stone now that kap's current lawyer has contacted the :johnny: about the situation?

BTW kap best of luck through all this bro...
AD

#51 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,606 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:59 PM

As far as I know, not even bonafide mycologists can identify most mycelium to species. There has to be a fruitbody or spores present. The spores don't have to be viable, but they have to be found. A friend who worked at a lab in Holland that grew gourmet edible mushroom spawn was suspected of slipping through a few runs of cubes, and the investigators stuck tape on many random spots throughout the lab (walls, tables, air ducts, etc.) to find spores for microscopic analysis. Nothing was found, but it's something to think about (for everyone to think about!).

In this case, I'm impressed that the cops thought it was mushrooms. I'm assuming they did, but I want to ask: were mushrooms specifically mentioned or were they just asking what the stuff in the jars was? Also, the officer doing the fingerprinting might be suffering from a severe respiratory infection by now and so may not follow through. :eusa_doh:

And BTW, I'm not so sure you want those jars back, even on principle. 83 jars of funk is beyond nasty, it's dangerous. Plus, I'm guessing some time will pass and they'll drop by for a chat/peek after they think you think the heat is off, like predators returning to a spot where they found some tasty prey in the past, hoping to be fed again. (A good strategy for them, too, since how else are most people gonna afford to pay their fines AND rent?)

You better be squeaky clean in that town from now on, but I don't see this going anywhere bad since you're not being talkative. If any of the jars were opened in the vicinity of the trunk, there are now zillions of mold spores all over the place, confounding the tape trick so I'd relax and not worry (which helps to maintain a confident and righteous demeanor as you act indignant about the accusations).

All the same, good luck!

#52 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

As I was always told back when I was young....

"A hard head makes a soft ass" or something along the lines of that....:shy:

So is there anyway at all that maddkapper could get a new lawyer to look into the situation, that way kap could go through this without having to take a plea deal or is it all set in stone now that kap's current lawyer has contacted the :johnny: about the situation?

BTW kap best of luck through all this bro...
AD

Maybve ethics dictate that my lawyer cant say I am innocent now, but he doesn't care. I know this guy well and he will lie and do what i say. No worries there. he said "I love trials, and this would be a great case". However, trials are expensive.

#53 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:03 PM

As far as I know, not even bonafide mycologists can identify most mycelium to species. There has to be a fruitbody or spores present. The spores don't have to be viable, but they have to be found. A friend who worked at a lab in Holland that grew gourmet edible mushroom spawn was suspected of slipping through a few runs of cubes, and the investigators stuck tape on many random spots throughout the lab (walls, tables, air ducts, etc.) to find spores for microscopic analysis. Nothing was found, but it's something to think about (for everyone to think about!).
In this case, I'm impressed that the cops thought it was mushrooms. I'm assuming they did, but I want to ask: were mushrooms specifically mentioned or were they just asking what the stuff in the jars was? Also, the officer doing the fingerprinting might be suffering from a severe respiratory infection by now and so may not follow through. :eusa_doh:
And BTW, I'm not so sure you want those jars back, even on principle. 83 jars of funk is beyond nasty, it's dangerous. Plus, I'm guessing some time will pass and they'll drop by for a chat/peek after they think you think the heat is off, like predators returning to a spot where they found some tasty prey in the past, hoping to be fed again. (A good strategy for them, too, since how else are most people gonna afford to pay their fines AND rent?)
You better be squeaky clean in that town from now on, but I don't see this going anywhere bad since you're not being talkative. If any of the jars were opened in the vicinity of the trunk, there are now zillions of mold spores all over the place, confounding the tape trick so I'd relax and not worry (which helps to maintain a confident and righteous demeanor as you act indignant about the accusations).
All the same, good luck!

They must have some knowledge of the pf tek, because they mentioned mushrooms. "Why don't you help yourself out here. if you were just growin some shrooms, we can understand and work with you. if you were supplying half the town thats something different"

#54 acriddesolation

acriddesolation

The Desolate One

• Expired Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:09 PM

Maybve ethics dictate that my lawyer cant say I am innocent now, but he doesn't care. I know this guy well and he will lie and do what i say. No worries there. he said "I love trials, and this would be a great case". However, trials are expensive.

Gotcha...well as long as you are comfortable with your situation I cant say nothing more :eusa_sile but hopefully that this will works itself out in your favor.

And who knows maybe you wont have a soft ass after all??? :lol:

G'luk

Peace Love and Mushies,
AD

#55 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,606 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

They can be sooo understanding. How nice. By 'work with you' do they mean they could tell you how to get less contamination next time?

Obviously you weren't supplying the town; they were moldy and abandoned! Sheesh.

I see this as possibly resulting in them getting a search warrant for your house. Which is squeaky clean by now, right?

And, I'd like to live in the state were you get one "freebie" (so go big? Hmmm, interesting advice to get from a lawyer, I thought, but if your one big freebie gets busted it's still busted and I'm not sure that's advice I'd bet my life on).

#56 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

They can be sooo understanding. How nice. By 'work with you' do they mean they could tell you how to get less contamination next time?

Obviously you weren't supplying the town; they were moldy and abandoned! Sheesh.

I see this as possibly resulting in them getting a search warrant for your house. Which is squeaky clean by now, right?

And, I'd like to live in the state were you get one "freebie" (so go big? Hmmm, interesting advice to get from a lawyer, I thought, but if your one big freebie gets busted it's still busted and I'm not sure that's advice I'd bet my life on).

My address is listed as elsewhere. Cops wanted verification of the address they had, so I gave them the ok on the bad one. And yeah, my real address is squeaky clean.

According to law, I don't get a freebie. What my lawyer meant is that functionally, I can get away with one big bust and not have to go to jail.

#57 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:17 PM

kapper
you sound like a million other guys
who have sent themselves to a felony conviction,
you trust your lawyer, trials are expensive, blah blah
guilty.
you'll learn.
enjoy the process of pissing in a cup for the next few years
and have a nice life as a felon.

#58 Guest_maddkapper_*

Guest_maddkapper_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:22 PM

kapper
you sound like a million other guys
who have sent themselves to a felony conviction,
you trust your lawyer, trials are expensive, blah blah
guilty.
you'll learn.
enjoy the process of pissing in a cup for the next few years
and have a nice life as a felon.

Time will tell. I'd put money on you being wrong. My attorney has kept me free more than once and he has earned my trust. I'll tell you now, that's not an easy task.

Edit: With that said, I appreciate your input because nothing is a sure thing.

#59 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,606 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:29 PM

My address is listed as elsewhere. Cops wanted verification of the address they had, so I gave them the ok on the bad one. And yeah, my real address is squeaky clean.

According to law, I don't get a freebie. What my lawyer meant is that functionally, I can get away with one big bust and not have to go to jail.

At this point I don't think you should be lying to the police; giving a false address is a crime, and might be the only one that you end up dealing with on this issue. Also, cops don't need to 'verify' anything. They want you to lie to them. They obviously know your phone number, so you think they need to ask you where you live?

I understand what your lawyer meant by 'freebie,' and I've seen people get busted with insane shit in their houses and not spend a day in jail (their 'first offense') but using that as a strategy is like making a business plan that depends on winning the lottery. I bet your lawyer isn't doing a big grow, counting on that freebie...he's counting on repre$enting you for yours! I hope your lawyer is a personal friend, because any lawyer that gave me that advice (and who wasn't a personal friend talking to me as such) would be replaced real fast.

#60 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:30 PM

trading off saving money for a felony conviction that will dog you for life
is short-sighted in the extreme.
being a convict will ultimately cost you far more than 10 grand.
but hey
it's not my ass that'll be getting pounded eh.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!