• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 kikashi

kikashi

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:55 PM

the one closest to my avatar is EQ. The other I have no idea. Was supposed to be Amazonian but doesn't look it.

#42 kikashi

kikashi

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:36 AM

Here's a fat boy leading the EQ charge. Should have a flush going shortly on 5 cakes. The cap is printing. So far 2 good ones on coffee filters. Will start sending some in to 'topia. I just want 1 for archive/ emergency purposes. the stem is making me a colony in malt water. Should be able to get some rye innoculated early next wk.

Also the All American 921! Got it on E-Bay for $56 US. Now I can start pasteurizing correctly. Should help.

Attached Thumbnails

• allamerican921.JPG
  • EQ-2-2-041305-2for.jpg
  • EQ-2-2-041305-1for.jpg

#43 cheeseball

cheeseball

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:23 PM

Nice Job kikashi, Those all americans are the way to go! I love your shrooms!

#44 kikashi

kikashi

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:23 PM

This was the best EQ cake of the bunch on the first flush. Have taken the open one for cloning. The stem went into 2 culture jars. From there in a few days I'm going to innoc. some rye. When I dunk this one this time I'll take some mycelium and culture/ rye innoc. with it as well.

Cap is printing.

Attached Thumbnails

• EQ2-#3bestof4-5for.jpg
  • EQ2-#3bestof4-1for.jpg

#45 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

very nice
impresive eq cakes on last page
i wonder how much
malt one might get away with
in a 'pf' cake ?

#46 kikashi

kikashi

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:16 PM

Hippie3, my recipe for BRF cakes is as follows for the moment:

for 8 jars; 4cups verm, 2 cups BRF, 1/2 tsp light amber malt extract, 2/3 cup coffee grounds,(wet with their own water), 3tbsp crushed oyster shells, 1/2 tsp Gypsum, 480 ml water.

The 1/2 tsp of malt equates roughly to the 1/4 tsp culture dilution where I originally came across it. Somwhere in the old archives is a modified Karo tek where they used malt ext. instead of corn syrup. They noted the fastest growth in 1/4 tsp per ~ 240ml. 1/2 tsp worked also but, was slower. I have now done cakes both ways and either works. without the malt I have many jars that simply don't colonize. I think it may help offset the lack of Oxygen due to altitude.

Note: Now I have a mix of 4pts gypsum: 1pt CaCO3. Use it ~ 2 pts per 100 wt of substrate.

#47 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:30 PM

i use a similar amount of nutritional yeast in mine,
wonder which is better
or maybe both synergize ?

#48 kikashi

kikashi

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:03 PM

Like brewers yeast? I'll have to get my hands on some. Try say 1/4 and 1/2 tsp of each and see which goes faster? I think you're right about the synergy. the one gives em protein and some B vit's, the other some straight up complex sugars to burn.

#49 kikashi

kikashi

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:10 PM

This is EQ cake #2 performance-wise form the current batch, ( 2nd flush). This little honker is about to pull the cake over. I would lay it on the other side but the other side has all these little white dots stisking out. Don't know if you can see them in the 2nd picture. Are these knots that should lead to shrooms?

Attached Thumbnails

• EQ2-1-2ndflush-4for.jpg
  • EQ2-1-2ndflush-2for.jpg

#50 kikashi

kikashi

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

Fresh batch of EQ out of the dunker today. Party tray - just verm. Whichever fruits most get's cloned,( liquid culture), into rye. The one on the right, facing them, is the Bonne Maman cake.

Attached Thumbnails

• EQ3-for.jpeg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!