Photo
- - - - -

Salvia is just WEIRD, and sorta unpleasant

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_sweatloaf13_*

Guest_sweatloaf13_*

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:27 PM

There's really videos of knuckleheads doing that? It's such a personal thing to me,that's really offensive to me.I'm not one to hold entheogens up so far as 'sacraments'(though pretty damn close,no matter how much spice pulled,making a $ on it brings bad Karma I think-sharing only),I also recognize their potential for fun at times so I'm not gonna judge how someone is with their poison but that's almost creepy to me......such a solo journey,why wreck it with Big Brother watching?

#42 hydrocodone

hydrocodone

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:46 PM

I agree... very irresponsible to do that, especially if it's obvious that they are too young to be touching such things. I only sort of 'like' salvia, but I strongly feel that it should be available to responsible adults. As others have mentioned, it really should be removed from local novelty stores

There's really videos of knuckleheads doing that? It's such a personal thing to me,that's really offensive to me.I'm not one to hold entheogens up so far as 'sacraments'(though pretty damn close,no matter how much spice pulled,making a $ on it brings bad Karma I think-sharing only),I also recognize their potential for fun at times so I'm not gonna judge how someone is with their poison but that's almost creepy to me......such a solo journey,why wreck it with Big Brother watching?

#43 openwindow

openwindow

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:24 PM

The descriptions given on this thread pretty much sum up the Salvia experience I usually have. Deja vu, childhood memories, loss of self in a crazy realm, ect. I have been experimenting with Salvia about a year, she keeps calling me back; I have always been sort of an adventurer and Salvia land is like a mysterious unknown realm. It is very difficult to use sometimes, 4 out of 5 times I am left feeling confused, but then every month or two I have a very rewarding break though. It is by far the strangest substance I have ever know and very difficult to develop a relationship with. To me it is like stepping into a mirror with no frame and entering an inside out puzzle.

#44 Hella_Dood

Hella_Dood

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

Salvia is awesome! To those who have had bad times: I believe salvia needs to be learned and has a steep lerning curve too.

I believe setting to be key. I prefer not to use a sitter as salvia takes me beyond even knowing that I am a person that can move in the first place, and people become slightly disturbing while under the salvia influence. It is unpleasant to try and figure out the motivations and validity of other people when you are that gone, so I would say an adjacent room is good for a sitter.

Second, salvia can be EXTREMELY pleasant and even relaxing. I have felt euphoria from salvia that rivals mushroom euphoria
(OK, not quite) but my First several trips were really intense and kind of rough. I don't know why I kept trying sally since my first trips were incredable but very harsh. Since then I feel I have "learned" salvia and it has become very pleasant. I like to overshoot the "salvia gravity" trip into total disassociation.

It is really important to smoke salvia through a bong w/a torch lighter. Even the regular leaf can yield an intense trip from a few hits and with this method anything beyond a 5X extract isn't needed.

I have experienced to some degree all of the salvia sensations I've read in this thread. I have felt the extreme gravity/pulling, the deja-vu, the childhood imagery and the weird 2-d reality warps, however I usually lose all sense of my proper reality and thought process on S.D. and get an entirely new consciousness. I don't see the room around me or realize I'm hearing any sounds (I have had good experience w/ambient music though and I recomend tetsu inoue's "world reciever") and usually get some weird spatial and dimensional effects, like the world turns 2-d, 4-d and f5-d even all at once.

Anyways, I'm rambling:
1. High dose is best, you will overshoot the discomfort into a zone where there is not really such a thing.
2. Torch+bong
3. laying down is IMO best
4. No interaction with other people
5. Mellow instrumental music FTW! It can really direct your trip.

Keep trying sally and you will surely be rewarded! It's rough at first but, with some learning, can be both pleasant AND amazing ;)

#45 Beshroomed

Beshroomed

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:21 AM

Hi People!
Just tried Salvia for the first time. 10X from BBB. One hit in a glass bong, exhaled deeply first and then held the hit for as long as I could. Immediately felt like my consciousness was being rolled over, (flattened out), from the left side of my field of vision. Felt like the left side of my brain was being steamrolled and that my face and body was beind made two dimensional. Scary. Without realizing it I left my room and ended up on the couch in the living room. The sensation of being flattened from the left side of my field of vision continued and I finally closed my eyes and covered my head. It felt like a kind of Nothingness was rolling over me and I distinctly felt the left side of my face turning flat, two dimensional and the feeling was rolling over my left eye.
I got the impression of voices and intelligences coming from the void that was rolling over me from the left side, (could this be that the Left, Conscious side of the brain was hutting down)?
I was left with the impression that I had once been a two dimensional being and had morphed into three dimensions long ago and had had to learn how to navigate the three dimensional plane. It was all very familiar. I had been there before.
The name of the norse God Loki came to my mind. Loki, the Trickster, Shifting Reality.
I wonder if Salvia was the inspiration for the Loki legend.
I took two more small hits, (I was unnerved and didn't want as intense a feeling as before), and felt relaxed and slept very well.
And now, three days later, I am very awae of something beyond my conscious mind that exists just behind my left field of vision.

#46 Boob

Boob

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:50 AM

I recall DM Turner describing the various effects of the same entheogen tried in various locations. He mentions that (for him) DMT was water related in that a location around water made for a pleasant trip. I think you just said something like that in your description of Salvia by the sea side.

#47 viraljimmy

viraljimmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:27 AM

Unpleasant and scary is how I would describe it.
But I will definitely do it again.
Don't even know how to explain why.

#48 SolveEtCoagula

SolveEtCoagula

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

does anyone get the pulling sensation to their left?

Yea lol. I only kinda broke through once, never really tried much kind of fell off the drug scene around then, but I remember my first time it really did this to me lol. Funny you mention it.

#49 Beshroomed

Beshroomed

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:31 PM

Hey,
Yeah Viraljimmy, unpleasant and scary is what I thought too, but I plan on trying it agin also. As for why, I would have to say because it is there, it was sooo fking familiar, and the whole reason I am in this mind expanding thing is to find out why I am here. My journey has taken me to many strange , wonderful, and downright scary places. All that was before I started trying the mind expanding entheogens that are discussed on this site. I thouroughly believe that plants have played a tremendous part in my evolution and the evolution of mankind. I feel that if iI can re-connect with my roots, remember those things burried in my consciousness, then I can find the the meanng of my being here now, or enlightenment, or whatever............

Mycorama, I got the sensation that the Left side of my entire being was being flattened out, or, crushed by something that does not exsist in our dimension. It had voices, was populated by conscious beings, but was so far beyond my comprehension as to seem totaly alien to me. And yet, at the same time, there was something very familiar about it. Scary as shit but familiar.

#50 moondust

moondust

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

does anyone get the pulling sensation to their left?
when i smoke salvia, after i take the hit i can sort of feel something going through my body, kinda like as if it were in my blood.
then once it gets to my head i can feel it go into the right side and out the left which gives me a pulling sensation to my left, makes me feel like i want to get up and walk in circles.

salvia is REALLY weird. its hard to discribe because its so strange.
i want to try it again now though...

It really was wierd allright

but are you sure it' s a pulling not a pushing ?

I only did this poor subsitute to LSD once

I smoked 3 small pipe bowls of X10 salvia quickly one after the other

first it felt like the horn of a unicorn was sprouting and a powerful energy shift

in my forhead between the eyes

boy did it ever knock my socks off

the TV was on and I could feel the energy

pouring out of it

and in my case it was it

pushing me away and leaning uncontrollably

in the opposite direction

I managed to drag myself stumbling without balance and get to my bed

laying down felt ok

the stange kaleidoscope

like a checkboard of endlessly repeated figurines

marching into lke a flat dimensional wave

interpenetrating and taking over my reality

like others are describing was there

the only deja vu was that some of the

colors reminded me of acid but the rest

was rather boring and incapacitating

the only positive I found was after the fact the next day

sort of a mentally refreshed feeling

I never missed the trip nor finished the rest of my little baggie of salvia

in a way it only made me want to do a real trip of acid

which unfortunatly by then was not in site anywhere damn !

#51 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

Salvia is not a "substitute" for acid. The two are nothing alike. You may have had a better time if you weren't thinking that the whole time. :rasta:

#52 PsilocibeJuggalo

PsilocibeJuggalo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

I tried Salvia the other day. A friend brought 5x,10x and 20x so I took 2 hits of the 5 and nothing happened. I took like 10 hits of the 10 x and 2 of the 20x and it felt like someone put 2 fingers in my mouth and dragged me back by my face. The kid was lookin at me funny cuz I should have been a messed up but really wasn't so I think the mg of suboxone screweded up my receptors cuz I took a hit of 20x the next day and got instantly like the day before. So I took another hit and it was huge. I turned inside out and the smoke wouldn't stop coming out. I have a cement slab on my porch and I kept trying to walk off it and I would take a step and the scene would skip back to where I was and I hadn't moved. I opened the slider and fell sideways onto the couch, I then fel back to a standing position and was dragged sideways out the door, it felt like I was falling that way but ended up 100ft away from my apt in the back yard. I wanted a cigarette so bad but I lit one and was worried I couldn't find my cigarettes even though they were in my hand and I was smoking one....all I have to say is holy shit that was intense...I cannot believe it hadn't been made illegal already cuz that shit is nothin nice...Definitly not a good thing in a car...hehe

#53 no_donnie

no_donnie

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:49 PM

Interesting stuff PsilocibeJuggalo...Salvia should never be taken in a car or in a party setting, it is definitely a drug you need to take sitting down whilst in a prepared mindset and good setting. And to Moondust tripping on salvia is nothing like the long mental voyage one takes while under LSD, and to call salvia a "poor substitute" is highly wreckless.

#54 moondust

moondust

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

[quote name='no_donnie']Interesting stuff PsilocibeJuggalo...Salvia should never be taken in a car or in a party setting, it is definitely a drug you need to take sitting down whilst in a prepared mindset and good setting. And to Moondust tripping on salvia is nothing like the long mental voyage one takes while under LSD, and to call salvia a "poor substitute" is highly wreckless.[/quote

why reckless ?
I did say salvia knocked my socks off, what else do you need !!!

It just sucked that' s all, and I agree, I wondered a millon times why LSD was illegal and stuff like salvia floating freely around since it turns you into a completely helpless rag doll besides the wierd scenery,,,

Substitute, bacause where I was they successfully had wiped out the supply of good acid for years, and we looked for a '' substitute ''

it turned out it was as poor a substitute as methadone would be
to an opiate...more dangerous and it sucks.

#55 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

Exactly moondust, you just answered your own question. You went looking for an acid "substitute" and found that salvia certainly was not it. Therefore whoever put the idea in your head that salvia was a "substitute" for acid was reckless and gave you a false idea of what to expect.

Calling it a "poor substitute" is still calling it a "substitute" at the core. That the two are somehow linked, when nothing could be further from the truth.

It is semantics yes, but that is how misnomers get spread. I understand that you did not mean to be reckless, we were just pointing out for future readers that have not tried it that it is in absolutely no way a "substitute", poor or any other way, for acid.

I hope that clears it up for you.

#56 moondust

moondust

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:41 PM

We are in agreement

I guess what I really meant was

if acid disappears from your area

don' t contemplate salvia

just because it is deemed a psychedelic

it hits you like horse tranquiliser

and the visuals are wierd

but you are also right about the fact

I was mislead in thinking

it would be the closest thing around

BUT IT REALLY ISN' T

and there is no revelations

sort of an empty feeling wierd stone

compared to the zirco zebra rainbow

of thankfulness and awe

and mysteries revealed.

What a bummer let' s call it left over or crumbs

instead of substitute

semantics can be tricky and English

is my fourth language...

but my favorite.

#57 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

I love salvia because it is totally different from the norm.. mushrooms are (usually for me) a happy time, pot is a mellow time, and salvia is an out of this world time. I've never done acid nor do I plan on it so I have no merit to compare it to anything outside of what I've listed above, but if your mind isn't in the right place, don't smoke it. Period. I think of it more spiritually than a way to trip balls.

#58 moondust

moondust

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:27 AM

what part of Salvia do you find spiritual ?

The fact the body is so incapacitated, only ''spirit '' remains ?

at least on acid I could still walk...

but how could I blame you for not planning to try that ?

ie : Texas cought with 5 hits

will land a charge of conspiring

to overtrow the government ??? !!!

dear Albert forgive their stupidity

for they don' t know

what they' re doing...

so sad...

#59 PsilocibeJuggalo

PsilocibeJuggalo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

:headbang:I think that law is gone now moondust....I remember that when I was 16 but it was so rediculous that just because it can be used as a biological weapon I guess....silly charge but serious....but i think it is gone now....:headbang:

#60 moondust

moondust

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

:headbang:I think that law is gone now moondust....I remember that when I was 16 but it was so rediculous that just because it can be used as a biological weapon I guess....silly charge but serious....but i think it is gone now....:headbang:

Good to hear that, so what is the bill now ?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!