Ok I'm planning to recieve my print on friday or monday. So I have my itinerary all set:
@ Spore Print (Brazil Strain)
12/24 Glass Jars with lids
Brown Rice Flour
1 Pressure cooker
2 Large Rubbermaid transparent tapperware whatever
1 Large card box + 1 transparent something for Glove-Box
1 Pair of Gloves
2 Mist Sprayers
1 Lysoform Dessinfectant
1 Hammer + Nail
Now here is the schedule:
Xerces 12 Easy Steps Tek
1. Preparation of the Substrate and Jars
-> Punch 2 holes with nail and hammer.
-> Prepare 2 Parts Vermiculite, 1 Part BRF, 1 Part Bottled Water, leaving space for air.
-> Cover lightly with lid and tinfoil.
2. Sterilization of the Jars
-> Pressure Cook the Jars
Friday or Monday - Recieving the print
3. Dessinfection of the work area
-> Alcohol/Water Spray
4. Syringe Creation from Print
-> Scraping from print with flamed knife into jar, then adding water with syringe and sucking it all back in.
-> Inject Spores into Jars through holes, quickly replacing the tinfoil.
6. Incubation (Darkness, aprox 28*C)
-> Store the jars in the tapperware, into a black bag, and into a closet.
Saturday / Thursday / following days
7. Shake Jars, break up mycelium, inoculate extra jars with the colonized substrate.
*> Perhaps isolate ropey ryzomorphic strains.
*> Perhaps storage of mycelium single strains.
8. Casing and Terrarium (Lightness 12hs, aprox 23*C)
-> Perlite + Water Casing
-> Distribute Mycelium on Cased Trays into Big Tapperware
-> Store in light spot with small holes for air.
-> Watch and Document Growth.
10. Harvesting / Live tissue sampling / Spore Printing
11. Dunking and preparing for next flush
12. Eating / Drying / Storing
I'll post pictures of the process, and ask for advice!
Edited by Zen_, 10 August 2014 - 02:44 PM.