• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bullwinkle

bullwinkle

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:49 AM

The last couple of days I've been trying to make an ozone generator. I got a 5kv neon tranformer, 3 pieces of glass, 2 brass plates( copper was to expensive, since I couldn't aluminum foil to work) It works, but it is touchy. I can post some pics if anyone wants to see. it seems to have somthing to do with the spacing of the brass plates, and the air gap between the glass. if anyone made one also could you post how. all I could find on the net is something about tin foil and glass jars, I couln't get it to work.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0049.jpg
  • 100_0048.jpg
  • 100_0047.jpg

#2 papalion

papalion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:41 AM

Don't kill yourself, brother :)

:rasta:

#3 Chaos

Chaos

Mocksvillian

• Expired Member
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:19 PM

O3 is very dangerous it will oxidize "rot" almost anything around it.
It is also harmful to breath. I don't know what to make your plates with but do more research and don't hurt yourself! I am sure someone who knows the deal will help if you are still alive. be safe dude!!! You only get one chance.

#4 bullwinkle

bullwinkle

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

5000 volts with all most no amps feels wierd when it gets you, but doesn't hurt like something vibrating really fast. not like when you get bit with 120v

#5 bullwinkle

bullwinkle

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:31 PM

yeah ozone is dangerous at high levels, but it is not dangerous enough for the government to ban sales of ozone generators that put out more than my little unit. if you live in in cali you probully get alot more every day. my unit running a hour a day. I'll be carefull. you be carefull too, remember to stay away from blacklights, thunderstorms, copy machines,

#6 Chaos

Chaos

Mocksvillian

• Expired Member
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:33 PM

Well I don't Know how much O3 it puts out but I wouldn't hit the bong next to it.:rasta:

It is kind of funny me worrying about your O3 when I have a photo hydro ionization cell in my AC unit with the fan running all day.

It also puts out a small " but acceptable " amount of O3 LOL!

I was really more concerned with the electrical end of the deal.
Transformers are fun I have a 14,000 volt solid state that made a cool Jacobs ladder.:pirate:

#7 psychecentric

psychecentric

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:22 PM

Have you seen these plans:

http://www.erikmarti...zone/ozone.html

I've been meaning to try them but haven't had the time.

#8 420bymywatch

420bymywatch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

Not sure how much you got to spend, but wormsway.com has an ozone generating compact flourescent that is a safe ozone producer. Its about $39. I'd be too scared to generate a fatal poison with a homemade device. I don't mess with ozone, it scares me too much. I also got a remarkably contamenant free home for some reason I do not understand.

Excuse my spelling ... my watch is broke.:rasta:

#9 longhairBri

longhairBri

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

my ozone generator has a steel screen on each side of a thin ceramic plate so they are very close to each other but not touching

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!