#21 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:32 PM

thanks yall. :)
heres todays pic... almost done on the left bin. :)

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1166640452

fahtster

Attached Thumbnails

• twobins.jpg

#22 Guest_DaGoon_*

Guest_DaGoon_*

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:48 PM

then today AFTER the large pins/mushrooms had grown i went back and the verm layers were dry. lol some were bone dry. then i thought about it and it make sense..

So what does this mid-watering actually do?
And thanks for doing teh detective work, its news to me too.

Im guessing not only would it help out with the grow, but would conserve the cakes inner resources?

that cat is amazing

#23 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:58 PM

Im guessing not only would it help out with the grow, but would conserve the cakes inner resources?

yep thats basically it... less aborts after mature pins are formed... more pins go on to be fruits. as far as i see it.

fahtster

#24 Guest_DaGoon_*

Guest_DaGoon_*

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:06 PM

hmm i bet thats were coir would come in handy
because with my casings, once those suckers come in its hard to get around them to actually water the case.. i just finished about a 10 ounce grow (still waiting for the final results on weight) but i didnt have a single abort..
i was a-stonished
but i think for cakes, they would be just fine with verm, but i still think it would be worth a try, for sciences sake

#25 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:24 PM

but i still think it would be worth a try, for sciences sake

definitely... it's just a theory based on my own findings, so it would be nice to get others experience on it. casings would work differently i think. can't bombarde a casing with water quite like you can with cakes.

coir definitley promotes more pins, but i think that the end results (dry weight) would be about the same. but i'll give it a try with couple towers on my next round of tubs... if it does work and i get more weight, then hip can say "I told ya so". :)

fahtster

#26 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

:cool:

#27 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:06 PM

ok, heres the ending of those two tubs... it looks like that right one did do a bit better than the left one. it has one more cake in it tho. it turns out that that right one was actually the one that was made with medium grade verm and not the left one. so maybe medium is a better way to go. dunno... could be other things too. heres the first bin done and up close.. the second is the 2nd one done and up close... the third is both.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1166757399

heres bin1's fruits.. bin 2's fruits... and a pic of the drying setup (box fan on a laundry basket)... should be done by Sat. :) and thats it. thanks for taking a look. now no one can say PE's don't do well on cakes. ;)

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1166757623

:) fahtster

Attached Thumbnails

• drier.jpg
  • 2ndpicked.jpg
  • 1stpick.jpg
  • bothbinsend.jpg
  • 2ndbinend.jpg
  • 1stbinend.jpg

#28 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

Slick:loveeyes:

#29 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:12 PM

medium grade vermiculite has long been my preference

#30 sandoze

sandoze

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:26 AM

hhmm a cake off huh ? what whould be the rules ? any cake recipie or standerd BRF ? myself i suck at cakes but id put up a few prints in myself to see this . (tosses 4-5 random pans cyans & 2 random cubs in the pot ) from what ive seen you might as well send me a PM fhat man with your addy cause u have the cake thing down better then any ive seen to date . :headbang: . but for real if this contest happens let me know cause id like to see it and id be willing to send prints to the prize holder . nice grow bro .
later sandose
P.S if there is ever a cyan contest im IN!!

#31 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:49 AM

hehe. :) well... i've never done the cyans soooo... lol i was mid 'end of finals' celebration when i wrote that. lol i'd definitely participate but hell... i'd just like to see someone try and mimic one of those tubs. not that it's like "hey do it like i am" or anything but i've learned a lot doing these tubs and i'd like to see someone else getting these flushes with cakes too. :) I think people are turned off by doing tubs like that cuz they think it's a bitch doing all those cakes, but really it's not. i make two at a time and burn thru the 48 in no time. esp. with not having to wash the jars all the way. i don't even switch out the tape over the inoc holes until after a third or so use. but i guess those that are doing cakes usually aren't in it for that kind of haul so it's a toss up. but just for some personal satisfaction, i'd like to see someone make one. :p but whatever, i love seeing everyone elses grows and teks too.

fahtster

#32 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Hi Faht~ Those are real pretty fruits. Nice job! Manage to get any prints?

#33 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:14 AM

Damn you are good with cakes, man. Beautiful grow.

Loving' that cat, too. Those pics are just excellent. I'm nominating that first one for POTM! Sounds like he might be a distant relative of my own (also a devout face sleeper who likes to make me fetch from time to time).

#34 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:29 AM

thanks. :) yes dutch, that is plain verm. on top and it's fine grade verm.

fahtster

Man those cakes really worked out :)

Good that its fine grade cause I accidentally bought 100L of fine grade instead of medium. So I guess I can use this after all :)

#35 gema

gema

XPLORER

• Expired Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:21 PM

Looks like you can blindfold that cat with dental floss! 5oz from 12 cakes! The best I've done was 3oz from 6 cakes that were spawned to hpoo on first flush. Not the best but I didn't know what I was doing. I could probably get an extra oz from the other flushes. I'm out to beat my own record, this time have more hpoo that spawn. I've used a 3 to 5 spawn ratio before but want to try a 1 to 5 spawn ratio this time. Hopefully I can get bigger better potent fruits. :drk:

#36 madkapper

madkapper

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:58 PM

Damn Faht those PE's look tasty, and your cat is freakin cool as hell. I have to agree with you as well I love my cats more than most people he he. Anyway peace and Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all.

#37 TheJackal

TheJackal

Cunning Linguist

• Expired Member
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:23 PM

Three err words: U DA MAN!

#38 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

:bow:

#39 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:42 PM

Sweet grow Faht!! :bow:

#40 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2006 - 12:13 AM

thanks everyone! :) gema, thats 5 oz off 24 cakes not 12. hehe. that would be nice.

fahtster

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!