• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Martel

Martel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

I'm not a smoker, and I just finished my second A/B extraction, ending up with a nice little pile of yellowy crystals. I loaded some up in my oil bubbler and fired away, only to find that I can only actually inhale about enough for a mildly above threshold dose before I start coughing all to hell. Also get a tingly sensation all down my throat.

Do I just suck at smoking stuff? Do I need to wash the spice with something?

Thanks for the help.

#2 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:03 AM

I use a bubbler... if I take a king kong hit right away, usually I will cough and my lungs will say 'fuck you' and i won't be able to do much more after that...

so i pace myself, I plan on taking about 4 or 5 medium/small hits within that minute... hold the hits as long as you can before having a coughing fit

fun stuff maybe that helps

#3 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:16 AM

I find it a lot as Terence said: you need leather lungs. I have them and have no problem in inhaling as much as I dare without coughing once. I actually like the taste and I also have uncleaned, yellow spice. My good friend Entheobaktha who is also member here, starts to cough immediately when trying to smoke. For him its a real challenge to get a working hit in.

You could indeed try to get smaller hits in within a minute.

Good luck!

#4 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:59 AM

For a smooth smoke, wash naptha pulls with sodium carbonate (washing soda) in seperatory funnel, then once with distilled water.

PS: A brine wash will also make the spice much smoother.

#5 Guest_twizzz_*

Guest_twizzz_*

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:11 PM

To the sensitive lungs cleaned up spice is still hard to smoke.
My freind has tried many ways with glass and what not, (base-pipes/oil-pipes/lightbulbs/test-tubes/tin-foil)all harsh.
He ended up putting ash on top of the screen in a cannabis pipe, he pushes the ash down to pack it, than spices the ash, and gets a smoother toke. This is the best way for him he's decided.

#6 cheech

cheech

wizard of sorts

• Expired Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

clean smoke, condo's clean-up methods are the shit, really helps. i've found putting the spice on about one good hit of weed in a 3/4"or so diameter bowl and covering it with just a pinch of fine weed works great. two hits will finish it all. you can go as far as you want. i've never gotten the hang of vaporizing in a test tube or light bulb. so i use this method, works everytime.

#7 foaf

foaf

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:56 PM

I had all sorts of problems getting my orange/yellow oily crystal to smoke well or vaporize. I did two of the teks off of Erowid and ended up with orange crystals and I really didn't like the experience because of the coughing and the nasty taste especially and technical difficulty getting the smoking to work right.

Well thank goodness I didnt give up. Using the new freeze precipitation teks you can easily get the light yellow dry crystal, and its much easier to smoke than the oily orange. If you use a charcoal cleanup, you can get about 70% out as the white powder.

Problems with smoking dont come up with the white powder. It vaporizes easily and smokes on pot easily. It must be that the yellow contaminents vaporize before the DMT and really screw up the dmts vaporization. Its like night and day and tastes much better and no cough unless you over hit.

It turns out that the answer to all of the mechanical and technique problems with smoking DMT lies in getting a cleaner product.

Attached Thumbnails

• mhr_8.jpg

#8 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

Yeah foaf, i was reading about that charcoal clean up ..:thumbup:
good going !!

#9 JBB

JBB

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:18 AM

Problems with smoking dont come up with the white powder.

I dunno, I find smoking white DMT every bit as harsh as smoking yellow DMT.

It vaporizes easily and smokes on pot easily. It must be that the yellow contaminents

Arn't the yellow contaminants just plant tannins? Doesn't pot contain plant tannins too? I'dve thought milligrams of tannins in the pot would have completely overwhelmed any micrograms of tannins in the DMT.

#10 foaf

foaf

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:18 AM

I dunno, I find smoking white DMT every bit as harsh as smoking yellow DMT.

not for me. and Ive never seen pictures of white dmt on any board or otherwise from an extraction until I did the charcoal. how did you get it white? the erowid pictures are from a synthesis.

#11 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:07 AM

If you use Ascorbic acid (vit C) as your extracting solution,
(1G to 1L of water) you'll get a much whiter spice.
in Loki's Tek page 4 he uses Calcium Ascorbate to remove tannins:
http://www.blackclov...onGuide.pdf.pdf
`
http://mycotopia.net...achmentid=35805

PS: here's many pic's to compare color:
http://mycotopia.net...&sel_forumid=68

#12 foaf

foaf

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:09 PM

I bet that smokes very nicely. That is a are great tek for one that has you boil and strain before extracting. I dont think Ill ever go back to boiling and straining, but I bet there is a way to include the benefits of Calcium Ascorbate in a cleanup step. Thanks for the link. :)

#13 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

I dont think Ill ever go back to boiling and straining, but I bet there is a way to include the benefits of Calcium Ascorbate in a cleanup step. Thanks for the link. :)

what process do you use ? defat > staight base > charcoal cleanup :eusa_thin

#14 Guest_twizzz_*

Guest_twizzz_*

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

Goopy spice has an extra harshness, but I'll say it again, to the sensitive lungs, even white fluff is harsh, for some reason smoking on ash or through an herb makes it much smoother, white on glass is harsher than on ash. If one doesnt have sensitive lungs than smoking the spice by itself is probibly the way to go.

#15 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:51 PM

twizzz have you tried a Soda wash / Brine wash ?
it makes a BIG difference !! :eusa_danc

#16 foaf

foaf

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:08 PM

what process do you use ? defat > staight base > charcoal cleanup :eusa_thin

Ive done it several different ways, and Im just about to do a big run for me and the friends so Im all ears. But last time I just went

mhrb dust steep in acid water (probably not needed), no defat -> add KOH to the carboy -> mix -> multiple pulls with naptha -> freeze precipitate -> then the cleanup steps.

I really dont see any reason, other than laziness, not to do a defat, but Im lazy and looking for the quick way out. If you keep the solids in the basified solution, (so very much easier than straining) then Im pretty sure that you have to do a cleanup step or live with yellow spice, so its seems like just getting the yellow dmt out with the highest efficiency is best and then clean up with another step. but its a work in progress.

#17 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

With the straight base tek you should do a dry defat otherwise you'll pull way more yellow out of the bark & i mean Yellow !! although the charcoal cleanup looks like it'll do wonders !! as for the A/B tek i've skipped defatting many times & gotten all white xtals, however defatting in the acid stage will make the end product much drier like the texture of salt compared to sugar. On my next batch i'm going to try your activated charcoal method. With the combination of soda washes > charcoal cleanup, this could be the cleanest spice to date...:thumbup:

#18 Guest_twizzz_*

Guest_twizzz_*

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

Condo pygmy-

Generally my freind washes NPbase pulls with ammonia hydroxide, than H2O before freezing and yeilds white fluff almost everytime, he recrystalizes what is not white fluff.

If your prone to hacking when you smoke what ever you smoke, cigs, buds,, DMT is hardly what you could call cool and smooth smoke, to the inexperienced it can be abrubtly harsh but it gets easier as you journey on.

#19 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

Yeah twizzz, that's a very good way to wash the NP pulls :thumbup: {a sep funnel is a must} i've tried it with a dab of soda added to the ammonia, washed once, then with h20... works great !!

#20 Guest_twizzz_*

Guest_twizzz_*

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

When you say soda are you reffering to sodium carbonat?

How well does that dissolve in H2O? Can it bring the pH up very high?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!