Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Pinning just get aborted, shrooms body get dark brown, what’s wrong?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 San Mescalito

San Mescalito

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:15 PM

Pinning just get aborted, shrooms body get dark brown, what’s wrong?

Hello

Well I got success with my PF cakes when pinned in vitro but after first flush, y clean them, dunk them with little peroxide and my las to I added a little bleach too.

Y put them back on the terrarium with perlite, I put the directly on the perlite and do the pf casing method, after 5 days they begin to pin fair enough, but the little mushrooms get stuck when they are like 5 to 8 millimeter long, their caps turn dark brown and the body, steam, gets dark brown too and then is like they get stuck, sometimes they grow a little after a couple of days but then they look stuck again.

I fan the terrarium 2 or 3 times a day and I was misting after that, by hand, with a mix of water and peroxide, usually y mist the walls and the perlite and take care to not mist the cakes.

I saw the other day pf cakes buried by their sides on perlite, like a kind of perlite casing and a lot of pictures and in all of them the mushrooms looked incredible, big , fat and numerous, so i don't thik it is becouse i put themdirectly on the perlite, the one i saw where buried on it.

I know somebody will say low humidity, but my perlite is soaking wet, enough already, at the bottom of the terrarium we can se a couple of millimeters o water accumulated, literally a couple of millimeters, and I have a perlite layer of 3 cm.

The walls keep the droplet of my misting nicely, I have an hygrometer, but I don’t trust it, it was to cheap and it was measuring 95% a couple of weeks a go then suddenly begin to came down, and the environmental conditions are the same, I didn’t change anything, when it was going down, I took it out because it has moisture getting inside it, so I couldn’t see the measurements because of droplet inside it, I hand dried with a hair drier, it got down to 75% when I did that , put it inside again and never changed its measurements, it is one of those reptile, expo terra hygrometer, I think it suks.

I don’t know I am confused

#2 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:17 AM

Sounds like u have plenty RH..I suggest taking out one of the cakes and examine for weakness in the mycelial network, if the cake is not solid or doesn't smell shroomy then there are proly some competing organisms ..
They may also be oversaturated which reduces oxygen to the network and will cause aborts /poor fruiting..

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:24 AM

sitting directly on perlite can lead to bacteria

#4 San Mescalito

San Mescalito

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:13 PM

Hello
They smell very shroomy there is no bacteria or contamination, I have a problem because I was going to take the pinheads that look like aborted since they stopped growing, they are like 5 to 8 milimiters, dark brown, but I will loses a lot of little pinn head that are developing, I was thinking in trying to be very careful an try to take just the aborted one but it seems is going to be impossible because any way with the handling I will destroy all the little pinheads that I see are coming, but the problem is that some aborted ones are beginning to get bad.

Well for the cakes directly on perlite, I saw a web page with many, many pictures of half pf cakes totally buried on perlite and day looked incredible, healthy, big mushrooms, I tried to find the link again but I don’t find it, I will try more.

I think I will begin to put them in separate containers, like 3 liter soda bottle or something lik that, so there will be more humidity.

But it dosen’t seams to be the problem

I really don’t know what the hell is wrong.

They are pinning a lot but after a wile the pinnings just stop growing

Is peroxid bad for them?

Y spray water with peroxide, and the perlite was moist with water and peroxide

They are beautifully bright white, and look very healthy and vigorous, and as I said there is today a lot of little pnining coming from them, but the aborted ones will begin to root at lest one was awful I took it out

#5 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:17 PM

Ya don't need peroxide in the spray water , that could def cause your problem if there is direct contact with developing pins..

#6 San Mescalito

San Mescalito

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:34 PM

Here are the pictures of the half pf cakes buried on perlite

You can find more here from different people http://www.shrooms.c...oom_gallery.htm

mine ar not burried like this ones , mine just sit directly on perlite

Attached Thumbnails

• z3.jpg
  • Pharm_07.jpg
  • IMG_0821.jpg
  • DSCN0763.jpg
  • Copy%20of%20DVC00002.jpg

#7 San Mescalito

San Mescalito

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:37 PM

well I will try with out the peroxide then and see what happend

#8 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:36 PM

Yup - That was the tec i used for my very first grow , it produced pretty well too...
My only problem with that method, was that it was kinda messy and used a lot of perlite that couln't be recycled easily...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!