Fisana

- - - - -

Tapalpa

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dredz_*

Guest_dredz_*

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:38 PM

just recieved a few syringes of Tapalpa from captain max and was wondering if you guys had success with this strain, this is my first time growing it so i would like to know colinization time *slow, fast, i would also like to know what you guys personally think of the strain. if its a strain of preference or if you've found it to be a small fruiter and so on.. thanks guys any help you can offer will be much appreciated..

#2 Guest_i_am_me_*

Guest_i_am_me_*

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:43 PM

Seemed like a good normal cubie to me with some big guns.

#3 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:19 PM

I hear that Max's Talpalpa is great for invitro.

#4 Guest_juan_*

Guest_juan_*

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:23 PM

I just got a Talpalpa print myself. Do I have to grow them any diff?

#5 Guest_dredz_*

Guest_dredz_*

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:53 PM

cool thanks guys, lookin forward to it, just wondering, what did you guys use for substrate?

#6 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:03 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I just got a Talpalpa print myself. Do I have to grow them any diff?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>As far as I know its a Cubie,so there wouldnt be any difference in TEKs.

#7 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 605 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:17 PM

Tapalpa is what I've been growing for some time. Good colonization time, good invitro, no problems to tell you about. I like growing this strain.

As for eating them I find they don't have a strong mental high, but the visuals are strong and the laughs are good. I've managed cloud visuals on 2g. I like to dose high on Tapalpa as I don't have to worry about being too far out of my head; I did 6g Tuesday night and got the best visuals ever!

You've chosen a good one!

#8 reefer

reefer

Mod of the Ocean

• Expired Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:26 PM

Morthos, where did you get your spores from?

#9 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:00 AM

I know someone who raised Tapalpa a year or two back. He liked them very much and cloned a couple of bigguns which then did fantastic on popcorn cased with coir/verm in a greenhouse. He says he even had PF cakes that flushed 6 times that were Tapalpa.His were from the same place as yours.

#10 Guest_dredz_*

Guest_dredz_*

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

alright now im excited to try em out, i think i'll try my first flush or two in cake form then maybe case them after that... my EQ's are almost 75% coli'd so im lookin forward to that.. 6grams huh man, that sounds like my kinda trip.. me and my bro(Muffy) plan on doing a high dose trip when we flush the eq's we were thinking somewhere around 7g's each. anyone try that high of a dose with eq's, if so i'd like to see some more info on it as to where i've heard eq's arent the strongest but there are deff weaker species for cubenisis.. Cant wait to try growin the PanCyan i got commin in the mail...`

#11 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:58 PM

I got my spores from Captain Max too.

#12 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:14 PM

Yup, 6g was a good one. I don't think I've had that much before - did a few 5g trips. I do notice however that 5g and over I get a bit of a dull headache the next day, so make sure you're off the next day & don't have anything important going on.I might try a 7g sometime soon, we'll see...I wouldn't try over 5g with an unknown species - is good to know what you're eating!

My Tapalpa's have done well with Invitro, Chronic, and popcorn invitro. After the pre-birth flush with popcorn I've been trying mushroom pies. I'm now trying Res tek with popcorn, some with verm and some with coir; I haven't cased them yet to tell you how that's going. I'll soon be using wbs as substrate and go from there, but I think I'll always have some Invitro PF cakes going as they are reliable.

Spawning is your ally!

#13 Guest_cptnmaxmushroom_*

Guest_cptnmaxmushroom_*

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:44 AM

The Tapalpa is a strain we acquired and developed here at the SporeLab. Original wild prints were donated by an amateur mycologist in the Tapalpa area of Mexico.

I have seen some very fast colonization from this strain and actually nicknamed it 'Speedy Tapalpa'. It is also one of the few strains that does well invitro. As for potency, it may not be the strongest, prolly about average with most other strains. But very easy to grow!

#14 Guest_ferry_*

Guest_ferry_*

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:34 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

i've heard eq's arent the strongest but there are deff weaker species for cubenisis<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

They aren't so weak... don't dose to high...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!