Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Salvia, A trip like none I've ever experianced.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Psily o' Cybin

Psily o' Cybin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:25 AM

For a 15 minute trip, it was seriously the scariest and weirdest 15 minutes of my life....

Well it all started when some friends and I decided to get some salvia, it was 15x extract, we came back to my house and hung out for a few before actually doing the salvia. My friend did his first he had a pretty good trip nothing uncomfortable for him, he said he enjoyed it.

So I was next I loaded up the glass pipe and set it on my computer desk, found some music and put it on (the mars volta). I lit the pipe held it in for my 30 seconds and exhaled..after that everything went insane.
I felt it hit me strong, my head got that feeling of being in a way let free, I was extremely disconnected from reality. I had a visualization going on my computer at the same time I was listening to the music and doing salvia.
I figured "Hey this would be a great thing to get some good visuals from." While I was tripping I stared into the screen of my computer,I saw this swirling image that started to come out at me it looked as if my computer had another dimension inside of it, and it was pulling me inside of it like a vortex.

Something started speaking to me from inside of this vortex, the language seemed foreign but somehow I could still understand it..it sounded like a womans voice..she was calling out to me to come to her. At this moment I started getting scared because the previous night I had a dream and it was the same thing that was happening now,everything was the same nothing was different from my dream. It was as if my brain recorded my life's next day already and was showing it to me that night. I couldn't quit thinking that I was...Dead. The swirling vortex was still trying to pull me in and I looked at my friends and they all looked like they were fake. It felt as if I had created them in my head and I was seeing them only because I wanted to see them. At this moment I said "Turn it off! Turn this fucking music off!!" They thought I was just joking with them, but they had no idea what was really going on.
I then opened my c.d player and ejected the c.d that was inside of it. At this moment it seemed even odder than before,because I had heard my self say that exact same line...in my dream the night before I even had the trip...The vortex then suddenly went back inside of my computer and I sat down.

It finally was over, I told my friends what happened and they were kind of weirded out. Then it was my other friends turn, it was really odd though because the same thing happened to him right after my trip.It was exactly the same for him( I was creeped out because he explained some things in detail that I didn't tell him ) He even told us to turn off the music which I deffinetly did. His trip did have a different meaning to him than it did to me of course, but it still was really odd. This was the oddest trip and scariest to me, and ever since then every time someone has said something is going to happen or trys to predict something, if it is going to happen or something close, my head gets this really really weird feeling it starts in the middle of my spine but is spread out and finally reaches my head but instantaneously. I even got this feeling when typing this up..It feels like cold chills mixed with the feeling you get when your scared. I've yet to figure out what this is or if it is even related to salvia, I don't recall ever even having this feeling before I had this trip.

Could someone explain to me the difference between DMT and Salvia, someone told me it was the same but I'm guessing DMT is a different form of salvia. I would like to try DMT
  • sunshine likes this

#2 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:50 AM

I felt it hit me strong, my head got that feeling of being in a way let free, I was extremely disconnected from reality. I had a visualization going on my computer at the same time I was listening to the music and doing salvia.

my head gets this really really weird feeling it starts in the middle of my spine but is spread out and finally reaches my head but instantaneously. I even got this feeling when typing this up..It feels like cold chills mixed with the feeling you get when your scared. I've yet to figure out what this is or if it is even related to salvia, I don't recall ever even having this feeling before I had this trip.

Psily - it sounds like you had a pretty intense first time trip on Salvia. I find these sort of breakthrough Sally trips often occur with the aid of a water pipe. I think the feelings you associate with your head and spine are very common with Salvia as I have often experienced similar feelings myself on the drug. Sometimes for a lighter/meditative trip I smoke dried leaves out of a bowl and can actually feel a force in the top of my head which I can only describe as my soul trying to leave my body and being sucked right out through the top of the old melon. Isn't the disconnection from reality a bizarre feeling when it comes upon you?! IME large doses of Salvia will very often lead to this quick burst of dissociation which is mind numbing and often accompanied by cold chills and sweating. I still struggle to maintain composure at these times and just ride the wave.

I find Salvia to be a strange drug with a plethora of stages and effects. I enjoy small doses before bed for meditation and often receive the prettiest CEVs from them.
Good luck on your journey friend.

#3 User Name

User Name

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:24 AM

thanks for the post, i'm doing as much reading on salvia as
i can... i'm planning a trip soon.

#4 Xerces

Xerces

Embedded Spirit of Love & Power

• OG VIP
  • 971 posts

Donator

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

Sounds like philosophy of time travel ;)

Is salvia a dissociative or a psychedelic? There seems to be some confusion.

#5 Psily o' Cybin

Psily o' Cybin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:47 PM

Sounds like philosophy of time travel ;)

Is salvia a dissociative or a psychedelic? There seems to be some confusion.

http://www.erowid.or...ia/salvia.shtml

That should tell you more about saliva, it's considered an Atypical Psychedelic though.

#6 Psily o' Cybin

Psily o' Cybin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:56 PM

I think the feelings you associate with your head and spine are very common with Salvia as I have often experienced similar feelings myself on the drug. Sometimes for a lighter/meditative trip I smoke dried leaves out of a bowl and can actually feel a force in the top of my head which I can only describe as my soul trying to leave my body and being sucked right out through the top of the old melon. Isn't the disconnection from reality a bizarre feeling when it comes upon you?! IME large doses of Salvia will very often lead to this quick burst of dissociation which is mind numbing and often accompanied by cold chills and sweating. I still struggle to maintain composure at these times and just ride the wave.

Yes I know what you mean it does feel like your soul is trying to leave, or get sucked out of your body. It was really odd last night I was smoking a bowl with a friend and got this painful feeling in my chest that was extremely odd and it felt like my soul was trying to leave my body. And the disconnection from reality is very strange when on salvia. I've done Salvia at least 8 times now and all of my other trips were just odd hallucinations, this was the only trip that actually stood out to me.

#7 rajajuju

rajajuju

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:34 PM

Ive only smoked Salvia and its extract a few times - it might be better for some people to try some standard leaves at first to get acquainted with the feelings and sensations that it generates... altho when you really hit that "salvia trip" point, it doesnt really matter because reality is totally altered. Its not the same as other psychedelics (except in heroic doses), because the Salvia experience takes you over in a very complete way when that happens.

Every time I felt it as a very distinctly "alien" type of experience, as if you are really entering the mind of a plant or some kind of other dimensional being. By extension, this kind of experience ranges from unsettling to quite disturbing. It often involves a feeling of some sort of greater presence, some kind of being - altho not necessarily all the time.

Be careful with it. It is the only naturally occuring psychoactive chemical that is active at the microgram level (like LSD). Its powerful stuff. Also its worth noting that the taditional mazatec shamanic usage involved the natural plant, not a super concentrated extract form.

Salvinorin A is the main active psychotropic molecule in the plant Salvia divinorum, which has a long history of use as an entheogen. Salvinorin A is a dissociative hallucinogenic compound that is active at the extremely low doses of 200–1000 μg, near the levels of LSD in quantitative potency, making it the most potent naturally occurring psychoactive drug known to date.[1] Salvinorin A is found together with several other structurally related salvinorins. Salvinorin is a trans-neoclerodane diterpenoid. It acts as a kappa opioid receptor agonist and is the first known compound acting on this receptor that is not an alkaloid. The psychoactive effects of salvinorin A are similar to those of other kappa opioid receptor agonists.

Salvinorin A is a potent kappa opioid receptor agonist in humans, which is primarily responsible for its psychoactive activity. Salvinorin A has no actions at the 5-HT2A serotonin receptor, the principal molecular target responsible for the actions of classical hallucinogens.[2]

#8 manjotar

manjotar

Disciple of Boognish

• Expired Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:21 PM

the first time i smoked salvia, i had a vision of the next time i would smoke it , which turned out to be 4 days later and perfectly in tune with the vision.
i wonder if this little lesson is common...

#9 andyspof

andyspof

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

the exact same thing has happened to me before, i saw myself smoking salvia in the woods by my house. under a tree. And EXACTLY 4 days later i was smoking salvia under that tree, and i forgot about that vision until the moment i put my pipe up to my mouth and then the trip flashed before my memory, and i was like holy shit!

#10 Psily o' Cybin

Psily o' Cybin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

EXACTLY 4 days later i was smoking salvia under that tree, and i forgot about that vision until the moment i put my pipe up to my mouth and then the trip flashed before my memory, and i was like holy shit!

Yea that is exacctttllyyy what happened to me it was like the trip from the night before flashed before my memory but instead of me being just like holy shit it and not really think about it, it just basically consumed me and that was the whole basis of the trip:/ scary shit...It was like one of those eerie deja vu moments where your like damn that's really crazy...but it was like times a million. I wonder how many others have experianced stuff like this and I wonder what it is and what it means....Of course i'm sure no one will ever have this answer until the end but thoughts and ideas would be nice

#11 nepalnt21

nepalnt21

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:07 PM

Could someone explain to me the difference between DMT and Salvia, someone told me it was the same but I'm guessing DMT is a different form of salvia. I would like to try DMT

they are not the same. not at all.

http://en.wikipedia....alvia_divinorum

http://en.wikipedia....ethyltryptamine

#12 raveneye

raveneye

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

Sorry this is real late on this thread, This is very interesting. I have had similar exp. It really seems as though you are in a parallel reality. The first time I went there I showed up a meal that was being served and the woman server (who did not show her face) said to me "we are glad you made it, we've been waiting for you" and I thought I was dead. I have see some stuff that was more soul-spirit-entity than any other trip on anything before. It just lands you in "never-land". I have learned to navigate around this world a little by "willing" myself around. Seems like if I try to think from my chest I can get around but when I think with my head I go no where. I have had trips that all link together like puzzle pcs floating around in space and all of the sudden all this and everything else all come together to make sense out of everything. Like a bunch of chain links coming together to make a complete chain or story. The past and the future on some levels are always there just hard to access. It is absolutely like there is a whole dimension just outside this one and they can peer in on us but we have a hell of a time connecting with them. Its like there never surprised to see you and your as far out as ever. I've also see myself way in the future helping to guide some people through some kind of different land. Like a futuristic Robin Hood kind of thing. We are the puppets and behind the scenes are these light beings who really control the show. I would like to hear from anyone who could elaborate on this. What the hell is going on on Salvia?:pirate:

#13 peek-a-boo

peek-a-boo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

the one constant theme in just about every salvia experience that i've read is "a feeling of being sucked , spiraled elsewhere"...
and i know that i've experienced this feeling everytime i've spoken with sir lady sally...
i believe that this feeling is a magnetic type wave distributed by the sun as its poles shift...every 11 years...
as this pole shifts it ultimately begets a golden spiral of magnetic waves that are then sent out into the universe...shaping the canvas in which perception is painted...
the next shift occurs in 2012....
apparently this type of shift hasn't occured in millions of years....
the mayans were quite keen on 2012 as the end of the great cycle...
they were also near oaxaca...sallys throne....they also disappeared off the face of the earth with no real trace of mass death...
calling all time travelers...
the time has come again.......
...........11:11...........

#14 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:22 AM

Truly Salvia gives you a glimpse at the bigger picture, that there is more to reality than just what we perceive on a daily basis. I have had several experiences with it, and every one of them started with me saying "Whoa" as the world around me began to vortex into something else.

#15 JuliexxMae

JuliexxMae

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

[quote=Psily o' Cybin;342946]
So I was next I loaded up the glass pipe and set it on my computer desk, found some music and put it on (the mars volta). I lit the pipe held it in for my 30 seconds and exhaled..after that everything went insane.
I figured "Hey this would be a great thing to get some good visuals from." While I was tripping I stared into the screen of my computer,I saw this swirling image that started to come out at me it looked as if my computer had another dimension inside of it, and it was pulling me inside of it like a vortex.

Something started speaking to me from inside of this vortex, the language seemed foreign but somehow I could still understand it..it sounded like a womans voice..she was calling out to me to come to her. At this moment I started getting scared because the previous night I had a dream and it was the same thing that was happening now,everything was the same nothing was different from my dream. It was as if my brain recorded my life's next day already and was showing it to me that night. I couldn't quit thinking that I was...Dead. The swirling vortex was still trying to pull me in and I looked at my friends and they all looked like they were fake. It felt as if I had created them in my head and I was seeing them only because I wanted to see them. At this moment I said "Turn it off! Turn this fucking music off!!" They thought I was just joking with them, but they had no idea what was really going on.
I then opened my c.d player and ejected the c.d that was inside of it. At this moment it seemed even odder than before,because I had heard my self say that exact same line...in my dream the night before I even had the trip...The vortex then suddenly went back inside of my computer and I sat down.

That's so crazy. My trip on Salvia was kind of like that too. I tripped out on 30x tho. When I tripped my soul seriously like separated from my body and everything split up from one another. Like the shadows cast on the floor separated from the lighter sections of the floor and there were people everywhere. I ended up falling into the shadow into a whooooole other dimension...at least that's what it seemed like. The people then talked to me and told me that, that was where I belonged and that everyone was from this place and we just don't remember it because we blocked it out once we were born into this world. And that this world was just a test. A test to see what type of person we are. They also told me t that once I sober up, it'll all seem crazy but I should never doubt them and what I was experiencing was real. It's just so crazy to think about.

#16 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:41 AM

tie diff between salvia and dmt is simple
dmt is enjoyable and visionary and leaves u much intact(no ego tho)
salvia rips u apart in everyway it can - its a dissasociative and is, at least for me, a bad experience that feels like the joke is on me all the time.
so dmt is nice - salvia is not - chemically they have no relations at all either
salvianorin is a diterpenoid, dmt is an alkaloid - not even the same kinda thing.

#17 sunshine

sunshine

LawfulNeutral♂

• Expired Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:57 AM

Hey, no exp with DMT here, but loads of exp with potent salvia powdered extracts,

Salvia is definitely a drug that is best for those who are willing to let go of all rational thought,
if you let yourself get anxious during the onset of a strong trip its hard to break the 'bad-chaos' of the trip because you can't even coherently finish the thought that initially worried you

My advice is to hit salvia expecting to become very confused,
do so in a very calm, nonstimulating environment
don't have your trip sitter(s) sitting in front of you watching
be prepared to lay back and close your eyes
listening to calm music helps(be careful though, some music might seem really chill while you getting stoned but be totally freaky when you feel like paint dripping on the side of a wall)

Especially for first timers you should have a person with you in the background somewhere just to prevent you from standing up and walking around on the trip cuz you could hurt yourself, but this person shouldn't try to talk to you or get in your face while your tripping, and in the event that you do accidently stand up for some reason while tripping and they try to keep you from moving, you might interpret them as a hostile force while on salvia

alot of people have social anxiety during and after salvia trips, *This drug isn't particularly Euphoric either
having multiple people in the room can really screw things up because other minds will stimulate and confuse your own, you will want to guess what the others are thinking which you normally do subconsciously but will not likely be able to accurately guess, which might confuse or scare you

Salvia is definetly not a toy, its a tool for meditation, use with care and respect.

#18 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

that is about the best advice iv seen - prepare to be confused :)

iv had my fair share too and it seems as if - in order to learn from it you must give yourself to it - or at least that is the way it was for me.
is there anyone out there that is in a relationship with the person they love and is 100% devoted to that person that uses salvia in a positive way - or has positive learning experiences from it ???

#19 sunshine

sunshine

LawfulNeutral♂

• Expired Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

I have great learning experiences from salvia,
it has given me insight on my perception of time, of other minds and social interactions, of how to control my thoughts and anxieties, and even how to self induce deeper states of meditation without the use of salvia or other tools

#20 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:03 AM

salvia is an easy entheo to create a memory hook from - as in u can put on a certain song and use salvia then when listening to that song u can bring the exp back - i used no song but i can induce a salvia state without salvia now. not that i choose to - the sage is not for me

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!