fruiting sandbags [ using mycrotopia products ]
Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:43 AM
Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:39 AM
It's simple and easy it seems....but for the first grow do u think we're ready for this? Wow im tempted to go all out........
Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:49 AM
several more sandbags ,
more eggs in more baskets, so to speak.
only need a few tablespoons of crumbled fully colonized substrate
to add to each sandbag of manure/coir.
odds are good some will yield well
even if you do lose a few.
Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:54 AM
Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:35 PM
more food, more points of growth = faster = fewer problems
but really all that is required
is several points of live tissue intermixed well,
say at least 1 bit per cubic inch
Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:12 PM
Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:54 AM
should i document with pics???
That's a 'no brainer', yes! :)
Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:14 PM
AFOAF mixed up the coir and poo mix...50/50 and pasteurized the mix for a couple of hours; then let the mix drip through the pillow case for about 6.5 hours. Pretty sure that the mix is still to wet, so going to dry it out a little before adding the spawn.
Any suggestions on checking for proper water content????
Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:35 PM
That means when you squeeze a fistful of it real hard, you should get 4-8 drops of water (and no more).
My FOAF likes things just a little drier than that and shoots for 2-4 drops per fistful.
A little too dry is FAR better than a little too moist.
Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:13 PM
Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:12 AM
The first round..... substrate was a cow manure compost from Lowes (NO BUENO!!) The spawn spread a bit than stopped, it was finally decided that the substate would colonize no further. So fruiting was initiated and to some surprise...they actually fruited around 20 specimens.
2nd round.....NEW PLAN! Hippie's bags and Hippie's pasteurized Donkey Doo mixed with properly pasteurized coir (this was most likely done wrong the first time) and the results so far are clearly looking allot like Sandmans results! Pics to follow.
Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:18 AM
Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:36 PM
Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:19 PM
hippie's shit just doesn't sound quite right,
you must mean my Ozark Mountains Donkey Doo
and my MYCRO MIX bags
looking good so far.
Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:50 AM
Your shit just rocks.......very very pleased!! Thanks for all your help!
It's now been about 7 days and all three bags are close to complete colonization....will post some more pics soon. Better pics now that I've found my digital.
Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:31 AM
I have found that putting down a black sheet of plastic like some trash bags or something on the shelf under the bags works wonders at avoiding bottom pins. Side pins are of no consequence.
Keep up the good work and post more pics!
Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:24 AM
I'll post more pics soon.....2 out of the 3 bags were fully colonized 2 days ago. The fruiting process was initiated at that time with light exposure and an oscillating fan. Looking good so far.
Each of the bags has a different strain.....One EQ, One Cambo, and One GT. The GT bag is the only one that slowed down & didn't reach full colonization after about 11 days......colonization almost seemed to just stop.
Just guessing, the GT's are probably around 75% colonized so it will put out some fruit but most likely nothing like the EQ's and Cambo's. Those two look like they'll do some serious work!!!
Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:45 AM
The GT bag is the only one that slowed down & didn't reach full colonization after about 11 days......colonization almost seemed to just stop.
it may have run out of air-
ventilate the still sealed bag
by rolling up tightly to squeeze old air out
then hang up un-rolled to re-inflate with fresh filtered air.