• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:12 AM

if you're getting your sandbags from Myrcrotopia.....I believe that I read you were in your thread....those sandbags will be smaller in size than mine.

My sandbags were much larger..

while the bags were bigger
looking at your pix
i'd say the amount of substrate
is pretty close to be same,
the bags i'm using are still huge
and quite heavy,
both types still have lots of empty space, too.

#62 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:04 AM

I used 2/3 of one of Mycrotopia's gallon zip-loc bags of donkey doo w/ equal part coir in each sandbag.

If you think this is the same Hippie, than please let us all know. In that case "The Jesus" may want to stick with more spawn.

#63 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:10 AM

correct,
that is very close to exactly how much i used in mine,
about 12 cups each of coir & donkey doo, 24 c. total.
which = 1.5 gallons
or about 3/4 of a gallon of each.
so if your 2/3s figure is dead-on
mine actually have just a bit more
than yours.

#64 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

Cool......good to know.

I thinking that I'm going to have to try a couple of yours Hip.....I'm thinking Pan Cyans will be a nice experiment in these bad boys.

Pan Cyans are a whole new area of learning for me.....does anyone know if it's smart to stick w/ muilti-grains for the spawn or maybe something different????

#65 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:56 PM

mine actually have just a bit more
than yours.

I just did a little dance, I am giddy with excitement. I think I am going to do a cakes, a casing, and a sandbag from mycrotopia side by side grow using the same amount of jars for each. Comparing maintenance to yield ratio should be almost laughable me thinks. :headbang:

#66 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

Comparing maintenance to yield ratio should be almost laughable me thinks. :headbang:

Me thinks you are correct Mr. Jesus....laughable will be my guess. Great idea! :eusa_clap

#67 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

How did the third flush work out seymore?

#68 mikect05

mikect05

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

Hippie...seems like your sandbags are a good inexpensive way to go especially since they are on sale now. And also compared to some other very expensive kits that are out there. Especially with the expected results.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

(So I just add spawn and that's it?)

#69 joey_megabucks

joey_megabucks

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

that is a fucking DANK flush dawg. nice! :hitit:

#70 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:18 PM

Hippie...seems like your sandbags are a good inexpensive way to go especially since they are on sale now. And also compared to some other very expensive kits that are out there. Especially with the expected results.

correct.
of course any aftercare is on you,
i won't be there to micro-manage misting, air exchange.
and i can't guaranty no contams either,
again that's at your end.

#71 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

The third flush of Eq's fruited around 10g's dried weight. The Cambo's died out after the second flush. The Eq's are close to being done as well........imo.

Total dried weight out of 2 sandbags...one Cambo, one Eq....around 170g's dried weight.

The micro-managing after each flush as hippie put it, is still a work in progress. Misting definitely helps.

#72 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:35 AM

Spawn, place on top of black plastic sheeting, keep dark to colonize if you can, give light in about 6-8 days, place a fan (oscillating works best for multiple bags) blowing on the outside of the bags and wait for harvest.

The most trouble you will have is harvesting. You need to make sure you pull all aborts and peices of fruit out that you possibly can. It can be tedious and take alot of time, but if you fail to remove everything you will have a mess of bacteria infected rotting nastiness. Sandy Tip: Wear latex gloves and wash your arms before you go sticking them in there to harvest.

#73 mikect05

mikect05

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:15 AM

Spawn, place on top of black plastic sheeting, keep dark to colonize if you can, give light in about 6-8 days, place a fan (oscillating works best for multiple bags) blowing on the outside of the bags and wait for harvest.

The most trouble you will have is harvesting. You need to make sure you pull all aborts and peices of fruit out that you possibly can. It can be tedious and take alot of time, but if you fail to remove everything you will have a mess of bacteria infected rotting nastiness. Sandy Tip: Wear latex gloves and wash your arms before you go sticking them in there to harvest.

Thx SM!!

#74 nabu

nabu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

... Liquid Culture instead of RBF Spawn?

It would seem to simplify all this even more and reduce contamination risk by simply readying the manure/coir as you normally would, then injecting LC into the pile directly, over a spread out area, then doing the tek as prescribed.

myc is myc, right?

[once again, I prostrate before you, and beg you forgive my n00bness]

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!