• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:28 AM

Here's a few of my photos. They're not the greatest quality pics. I'll take one more, before I harvest the rest of them.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo-0013.jpg
  • Photo-0011.jpg
  • Photo-0007.jpg
  • Photo-0006.jpg

#22 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

looking good!
:bow:

http://mycotopia.net...62&d=1171718856

#23 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,598 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:00 AM

:amazed: woWEE! Your first flush ever? Your first attempt? I would've creamed my jeans. Nice work sir.

What strain is that? What was your yield? What depth did you go with??? THE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW!!!! :)

#24 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

I should have harvested them earlier, but I didn't (and still don't) have what I need to dry them an wanted to wait until i had the stuff. Unfortunately, none of the stores in this forsaken small towns have any fans or food dehydraters of any sort, except those which would plug into a car outlet.

And noone has a converter for that. grr. so i'll be having a trip up to the next big city shortly. I harvested them a few minutes ago, weighed them out, and put them in my fridge (in plastic bags).

Came to a total of 30 oz wet. So probably about 3 oz when they're dry.

I started them in hippie3's rye-growbags, and then moved them into a monotub with a verm/coir mix. I misted/sprayed the tubs a lot more than I needed too. It has enough pins right now that i'm just going to mist it a few more times with water and just let it go. just the normal daily misting.

For my second grow, which I started today, I'm not going to use the filters because on my current grow the mushrooms broke through them! See pics.

Oh, and the depth as of right now is 3.4 inches.

:amazed: woWEE! Your first flush ever? Your first attempt? I would've creamed my jeans. Nice work sir.

What strain is that? What was your yield? What depth did you go with??? THE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW!!!! :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo-0023.jpg
  • Photo-0020.jpg
  • Photo-0021.jpg
  • Photo-0019.jpg
  • Photo-0018.jpg

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

take out of plastic and place in paper bags instead,
plastic will rot them much faster

#26 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:09 PM

I started them in hippie3's rye-growbags,

no shit ?
:cool:
score 1 for mycrotopia products!!!!
http://mycotopia.net...40&d=1171818147

#27 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

thanks for the tip hippie3

i think i might have accidently reported your post - my mouse clicked it by accident when i was going to hit the reply button

anywho, while i got a decent yield (going on 2nd flush now), the shrooms weren't very potent. would this be from factors that I might have caused, the breed, or both?

#28 Guest_Water_*

Guest_Water_*

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

I grew some weak lipa yai awhile back, which surprised me because I had heard that lipa yai were pretty potent.

Best explanation I heard was that being multispore it may have been a weak substrain.

Kind of a roll of the dice unless you do an isolate I'm guessing.

#29 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

potency is very complex and highly variable,
best to just accept that it varies, as does tolerance.
about the only factor related to potency that you control
is the drying process itself.

#30 joey_megabucks

joey_megabucks

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:32 PM

really nice grow. i don't dehydrate my mushrooms at all. I just let them sit out on a screen or something and let the A/C do the trick. Seems to work fine.

#31 PublicEnemyN1

PublicEnemyN1

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:52 PM

edited.

#32 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:07 AM

Here's a few photos from the second flush. I didn't do a dunk, I just misted a lot more than usual for a while. I've gotten less mushrooms overall (probably shoudl have dunked), but they are bigger - and more potent.

really nice grow. i don't dehydrate my mushrooms at all. I just let them sit out on a screen or something and let the A/C do the trick. Seems to work fine.

actually i'm going to try that out, i accidently (read: fell alseep) left 2 mushrooms out the other day, and two days later I noticed them - and they were cracker dry.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo-0040.jpg
  • Photo-0037.jpg
  • Photo-0039.jpg
  • Photo-0036.jpg

#33 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

yeah, winter humidity is pretty low, dries stuff quickly.
nice 2nd flush

#34 Guest_greysRDbest_*

Guest_greysRDbest_*

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

good thread and nice looking grow transitionalforce, thanks!:rasta::eusa_clap:rasta:

#35 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

well as luck would have it the stuff i needed to dry out the shrooms finally arrived just after i posted, i just really wished I had known that I could have gotten away with drying it out in the open cause I lost 214 grams (wet) because I wasn't able to dry them in time.

Judging by the weight of these shrooms, I think I'll get the same weight from this flush (3 oz dry), but I think I'll have a little bit over a fourth in aborts. There were a lot of them this flush for some reason.

#36 tohearyourvoice

tohearyourvoice

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

So let me see if i have this right.
You colonized a rye bag from mycrotopia.
Then did you just mix it with the verm coir mixture?? or did you lay it down in layers?
This technique seemed to work pretty well for you.
Ive been thinking about getting either some rye bags, or some mycrobags to try this with.
Good job on your grow man.

#37 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

correct.

however, I would recommend NOT getting the tyvek filters on your monotub. they have caused more problems for me than they are worth, my other monotub is without them and is much better off. eventually i'm just gonna ditch the tub and replace it, but i'm still pushing out decent flushes right now.

and don't forget to air and mist at least once a day and sometimes even twice IMO

i like to get it just a little bit soaked at the bottom say maybe a centimeter of water on the bottom IMO it helps out a lot

So let me see if i have this right.
You colonized a rye bag from mycrotopia.
Then did you just mix it with the verm coir mixture?? or did you lay it down in layers?
This technique seemed to work pretty well for you.
Ive been thinking about getting either some rye bags, or some mycrobags to try this with.
Good job on your grow man.

#38 grateful_fred

grateful_fred

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:18 AM

What sort of problems have you encountered using tyvek over those holes instead of polyfil?

I'm about to spawn a few quarts of rye to 10lbs of poo in a monotub, and cannot decide whether to use tyvek or polyfil filters.

#39 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:12 PM

i don't like using the holes for air exchange at all anymore. they tend to wear out after a while and you keep having to reseal them. it's easier, imo, just to air out your monotubs manually and that also lets you get a good look at 'em :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!