• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#21 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:57 PM

i'm really not trying to nit pick here but when i add lye to water the solution stays clear. once i add it to the polar extract of mhrb the solution then turns black.

Roebic is a dark liquidb (my friend is not using powdered lye). THe Roebic turns the water black almost instantly.

The Naptha pulls of clear white, I don't know if it has to do with room temp or not, but everything was done room temp. I will tell you that the crystals, which appear clear in the photo were more off-white/yellowish when scraped up together. They were also kind of gummy (presumably this was because no defatting occured). But their quality was astounding...

:amazed:

In short, the results are a high yield with very little effort, but without a freeze precip or something to dry the crystals out better I have no idea how long they will last. If someone could post the simplest and most effective way to dry these crystals for better storage then I'd appreciate it.

Oh yea, I'm hearing there is no problem with the emulsion layer, even after multiple vigorous shakings. Also, we are aware the naptha will destroy the rubber canning lid linings eventually, but there has been no leakage or degradation of the rubber to date.

#22 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:25 AM

Hmmmmm... I think it is time to order some MHRB.....

#23 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

FIRST PULL RESULTS ARE IN:

These are some pics from my friends Jar tek. These crystals are completely dry (like soap) and very white, no freeze precip or other tek was used. This is only from the first pull of 100mg mhrb (one jar)! Two more pulls to go and it looks like more than enough spice for personal use. This also appears to be of high enough quality for storage I'm guessing.

:bow:

http://mycotopia.net...04&d=1168272600

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010002.JPG
  • P1010003.JPG
  • P1010001.JPG

#24 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

Very good LP, does your friend have a scale ?
maybe you could post the weight after the final pulls... :eusa_thin
it'll be interesting to see the end results from that tek !!

#25 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

Real quick...

No scale. A pinch was put in a bowl and smoked with effects estimated at 30mg (mild dose I think right?). There is enough there for about 15-20 more of those I suspect. I am told it was also a very smooth smoke as opposed to the oily results from a previous effor, which wasnt the jar tek, but was also different mhrb.

His second pull should be drying out this evening and results will be posted. Amazing.

:headbang:

#26 SLaG

SLaG

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:38 PM

haha looks like cheese. good job. :p

#27 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

Looks good from my house looch,
Swim hopes his turns out that good.

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

test any yet ?

#29 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:32 AM

It tested very positively on four subjects I am told.

#30 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:14 AM

thats awesome loochypooch!

how many grams were used exactly? and how many grams didnt it come out to all in all? or good for how many doses? or something like that..

thanks!

#31 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

Actually the first pull was about 10 average doses. I'm guessing .4g? Second pull was slightly less, maybe .3g. Third pull will probably also be slightly less that that, such as .2g. So I'd guess this 100g of mhrb will yield .9g, but that's very much guesswork, since there are no scales. Regardless, it is definitely plenty for personal use -- we're talking 20 doses or more for certain. So for someone who just wants to try this to find out what its like (such as my friend) then I think this has got to be the easiest way to go.

For the second pull the crystals look more yellowish. I'm guessing the longer you soak this stuff, the more non-desirables come out. Still though this batch was dry and not oily so it should keep well. And on a side note, leaving the naptha to air dry produces some really big shiny crystals, whereas the dyhrator drying produced a very flat layer of the stuff (which when shaved off of the glass resembled parmesian cheese for sure). I'd say I prefer the parmesian look, but its all the same stuff right?

:)

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010004.JPG

#32 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:21 PM

Hey looch if this wash method is not something you want in this thread we can delete my post all together. I found this written by "Vovin".
Its something that i thought may be helpful in making a more pure product, I dunno.
Looks like you may be able to use your tek then do this wash just before evaporation.

Distilled Water
Sodium Carbonate
This is a somewhat new process that is not found in many of the older tek's. This
process will try to remove as many of the foreign chemicals from the naphtha
solution as possible. Especially the lye that was added in a previous step. The
goal here is to leave only the DMT in the naphtha so that when you evaporate
you end up with pure crystals.
Begin by taking about 50 ml of Distilled water and placing it into a flask and
adding sodium carbonate to it. Just add a pinch to the water. It doesn't take
much. You will only be using this mixture for the first wash. Do not use it for the
second and third washes.
A little dab will do yah here, add only a small amount of the water/sodium
carbonate solution to your naphtha. If you have 300 ml of naphtha then you want
to put around 25 ml of the sodium carbonated water. Mix the 2 together and then
place them in a seperatory funnel. Shake the hell out of it this is the only mixing
step where the liquids separate almost immediately so no worries about too much
agitation. Separate the water from the naphtha and discard the water.
For the second and third washes you want to use only distilled water nothing
should be added. 25 ml per wash is sufficient. Perform the same procedure as
above. You should not leave the water in the naphtha for too long. This means no
sitting for hours letting it 'soak' you need to get it in and out.
Photo 1:After a healthy shaking the water and the naphtha almost immediately
separate. Only if all separations were this easy. The water is on the bottom of the
funnel.
Photo 2: After 3 washes the naphtha is clear as glass.

As you can see, this is not to take the place of other steps one may choose to use such as precipitation freeze and such. One may be able to skip those steps and still have a cleaner product or may still do the other cleaning steps(precip. freeze/charcoal) and have an OUTSTANDING product. Just depends on how far one wants to go.

#33 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:19 PM

Upate: The third pull was a bust. Musta got it all in the first two pulls. The first two pulls produced enough spice though, that it was enough to satisfy the curiousity of several people on multiple occasions.

PEACE

:reb:

#34 ciao-mongrel

ciao-mongrel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

hey guys, i'm new to this as well, i'm sure you're sick of hearing it... but help a brotha out. So I have my 56 g of MHRB and I was wondering if this would yield enough purity for a couple doses...? Also, does anyone know exactly where the extraction tek for 100 g is? I saw it once and can't seem to find it again. Or does anyone want to whip up a tek for 56 g? More MHRB is on the way... thanks a bunch
ciao

#35 ciao-mongrel

ciao-mongrel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:09 PM

does it matter if one uses the crystalized form of lye, vs. the liquid form?

#36 Scroto Baggins

Scroto Baggins

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

hey guys, i'm new to this as well, i'm sure you're sick of hearing it... but help a brotha out. So I have my 56 g of MHRB and I was wondering if this would yield enough purity for a couple doses...? Also, does anyone know exactly where the extraction tek for 100 g is? I saw it once and can't seem to find it again. Or does anyone want to whip up a tek for 56 g? More MHRB is on the way... thanks a bunch
ciao

Here you are sir.

"Mix Solution: 4 oz. of White (5%) Vinegar to 1 quart of Water.
Break the 100g of MHRB into small peices then grind to powder using a blender or coffee grinder.
(the finer it's ground the better).
Place the ground MHRB in small covered crockpot , add 1/2 of the above
solution till MHRB is completly submerged, turn crockpot on to High.
(use the rest of the solution for the Second extraction)
2 extractions / each for 2 hrs.
When the 2nd extraction is done, clean crockpot for hot water bath.
once complete, press the plant fiber to get the last of the red liquid out.
strain both extractions in to plastic container & place in freezer for 2 hours. (this is called Cold Filtering)
After 2 hrs at the bottom of the cold plastic container you'll see gummy Brown sediment, throw that brown gum AWAY.
Once both extractions are cold filtered, pour the red fluid into a 750ml Clear wine bottle.
(reason for a clear bottle is too see seperation when extracting naptha)
Preheat your crockpot with Hot water & place your 750ml bottle in the crockpot & turn it on.
Next, to Basify put 1 Tbsp of Lye in a small bottle & slowly add 100ml warm water, swirl to mix thoroughly.
Slowly add the base to your 750ml bottle & upend till it's all BLACK in color.
(turn cap to release pressure after upending)
Leave an inch of space at the Neck of your 750ml bottle for the Hot Naptha.
As for the naptha extraction, place a small bottle filled with about 60ml Naptha in Hot water bath, get it good & HOT. leave cap slighty loose to release pressure. Once the naptha is good & hot, add 20ml of hot naptha to the 750ml bottle neck & upend it for about 3 minutes. (release pressure each time) then Place your 750ml bottle back in the Hot water bath & wait for it to seperate,
It'll seperate in about 10 minutes when it's HOT.
Once seperated use a pipette or eye dropper to extract the hot Naptha containing your spice alkoloids.
Do Three of these 20ml Hot naptha extractions, Put all 3 naptha extractions in small sealed mason jar. (Use a small glass to catch any black specs that might get in, that way you can remove it before adding to your mason jar)
Put sealed jar in freezer, white flake crystals will form in a few hours, but wait overnite till crystals have completely fallen out of solvent. Thoroughly dry on coffee filter. Do this procedure in a cool dry area otherwise it'll melt !!
Final Wash: mix Non soapy Clear Ammonia with water, 50/50 solution in a nip bottle or very small container. Get it Ice Cold !!
Place the coffee filter in a funnel & drip Just a Few ml's of this chilled washing solution over the dried crystals till wet.
(You Only need very little, this will remove traces of lye which make the product harsh)
Crystals will dry in a few hours.
Ready to sample: put lots of ash in bottom of pipe, place a pea sized amount of crystal in & cover with a little more ash, lite & blast off ...!!!
End Results; 100g of MHRB will produce approx. 1/2 gram white flake crystals."

#37 ciao-mongrel

ciao-mongrel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

right on monsieur... thanks for the help.
keep on rockin' in the free world, or whats left of it that is...

#38 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

Loochy's tek can be done with 100g of
MHRB or just cut the recipe in half for
56g's.

#39 ciao-mongrel

ciao-mongrel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:28 PM

How about the solid vs. liquid form of lye? would one still use 3 tblspns of it even if solid? hmmm

#40 Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Guest_CoyoteMesc_*

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

I'm guessing Loochy is using solid,
I think maybe most would say ml's if
using fluid, but I dunno. me thinks Tbsp is
universal and it could go either way.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!