After a lot of reading, I have decided to go with rice.
But given that I am not sure which rice works best, and given that I feel like experimenting a little, as seems fitting with Mycotopia's spirit and traditions, I will test six different commercially available rices. Well, actually, five. My sixth choice is purely for the enjoyment of the amateur alchemist in me, and consists of parboiled corn grains.
So, here's the line up (see picture):
- #1 Short Grain Rice Parboiled Black "Venere"
- #2 Long Grain Rice Parboiled White "Patna"
- #3 Long Grain Rice Parboiled Brown "Thaibonnet" (Organic)
- #4 Long Grain Rice Parboiled White "Uncle Ben's"
- #5 Long Grain Rice Parboiled Brown "Thaibonnet"
- #6 Corn Grains Parboiled "Nattura"
Right now I am going through the sterilization process, by putting each jar into a pasta cooking pan, for 1 hour steaming.
In the meantime I have prepared six spore syringes from a cubensis spore print (not sure which strain, I am trying to find out).
Overnight the jars will cool and the spores inside the syringes will re-hydrate, and tomorrow I'll inoculate.
I'll periodically post my progress to this thread.