• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 martinnn

martinnn

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:45 AM

Can I use a mixture of pasteurized coil and verm on a colenized rye seed substrate?? Basically I want to know if this casting will work for rye substrate.\I only seen and read about it being used on crushed up BRF cakes" :-(( but possible :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: i hopePicture 017.jpg

#2 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:55 AM

yeah i do this with my rye , but i also like to add some horse poo or worm castings, since i believe verm and coir hold moisture while the poo is the for growth.

#3 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:10 AM

Yep,, you sure can at about 1:1 ratio , mix it all together n' pour into a shallow tray for fruiting..

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

i prefer a casing mix of
2/3s vermiculite and 1/3rd coir [what you have there]
it's a good balanced blend that gives benefits of both
but pins better and doesn't overlay.

#5 martinnn

martinnn

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

Well I will use this method< In the meen time I used 2 colenized BRF cake. I used pasturized verm for the bottom layer then crushed up two cakes, and toped off with a 1nch layer of pasterized cior/verm casting 35%verm. Im will incubate at 86 for 10 day then fruit. Im i right??

P.s The BRF cakes were hard to break up, basically they were like as hard as a 1 mouth old stale powerbar, and the cakes smelled like mushroomery essence with a hint of shroomness. Is this normal??Picture 018.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

#6 martinnn

martinnn

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

The next day in the after noon the mycelium poked right though the casting layer, I guess it likes the coir,

Now should I leave it allown for 9 days then put in fruit camber. Or should I wait until the casting is colenized nicely over the casting, and should I put more casting on the parts that are growing to fast inorder to get a nice even colenized casting??Picture 022.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 024.jpg As you can see i upgraded my incubator to a big cooler with two heat bombs from my other two foam coolers, p.s Gloden Teacher are weak Ate 1 gram and only feel a little tingle in my stomach. Normally i would have a mild buss. enyways just a test,:-)

#7 martinnn

martinnn

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:27 PM

This is day 2 now after birthing, this cior stuff is gust getting eaten alive. tep at 72-76max ,12-12 light the myceilium on the surface looks like its pionting up, like when you crack open a fresh BRW jar and scrape off the verm layer and feel the myceilium hairs poking up:-)I hope im right and this works>Picture 032.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

#8 martinnn

martinnn

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:19 AM

This is 11 days after birthing and 4 days after the first pins came.

I doen't know if this pins are suposed stay small for a bit then pop or maybe I made nothing but abourts.I have no clue this if my first grow>>I hope they pop???:mistrust:

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

#9 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:56 AM

Those look like healthy young shrooms to me:bow:

#10 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:53 AM

You may have a bit of casing overlay that has resuled in a greater amount of aborts. When my substrates poke through the casing layer within one or two days, I use a touch more casing to lightly cover those areas, then keep covered for a few more days until a more even mycellium growth occurs.

Afterwards expose to light and fanning procdeedures. Good luck.

#11 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:02 AM

Looks good martinn! That should be a pretty nice harvest there.

#12 martinnn

martinnn

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:06 PM

Picture 026.jpg

This make me happy. I will pay attention to overlay for my next tray, Will also use more wet verm on the bottom layer, and will also try a 50/50 verm coir mix instead of 30/60 in my first tray. My pinnset well I doen't know what to say I just wanted something and this is the pinnset I got:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks for all the help guys,I will post my harvest, and than my dunk farvest too, I hope, aaa who needs hope when you got Mycotopia beside you all the way!:-))

#13 martinnn

martinnn

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

I love this hobbie:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Picture.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!