• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:50 PM

ok my friend wants to build an ecosystem if you will for fungus.so now heres the idea.he wants to build a large plexi glass box that would fit allot of tubs for a bulk grow.using sonic air or a few vics humidifiers for humididty and then place a large hepa filter inside this massive plexiglass container and add holes for computerfans to blow out for air exchange and another hole that blows on nere the hepa so the air is caught and cleaned.large amounts of spawn will be used to for quick colonization.so if anyone has any tips or questions let me know cause this sounds like a cool idea and i think it can be done just need some experts to go over the blue prints so to speak.please andy input or advise or questions are greatly needly so myco experts where r u.....peace..oh and also was thinking of adding grass.

#2 Guest_owen_*

Guest_owen_*

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:10 AM

what will be the substrate and how will it be replaced if you have grass in there??

#3 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:18 PM

Hmmmmmm. It sounds interesting. Add a humidistat for RH and X-Nay the grass and the computer fans. The humidifiers will provide air exchange and humidity to the chamber. Put a couple 2" holes in the chamber with a filter on them for exchange. The humidistat will maintain your RH. Hell, use your closet, but that idea could definately work! If you're pal goes through with it, show us some pics! Sounds Cool!

(Message edited by looper on February 11, 2005)

#4 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:53 PM

yeah fuck the grass.there def has to be holes for the co2 to escape.the computer fans did seem a bit much.was thinking of using straw with dung for decent flushes or just throwing in a multitude of ingredients for the subtrate.the jars will be colonized with rye grass seed.using a sort of iso tek method it has come to pass that larger flushes are gained from this method but further research is needed befor i can make any bold statements on its validity.any more comments or questions would be good.but a thousand jars is allot that would come out to 500 qaurts so i dont think a closet would fit the needs for this sort of grow.peace.....

#5 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:04 PM

Damn man. You'll have enough spawn to populate a city. If a closet isn't large enough to meet your needs, i hate to see the size of this box!

(Message edited by looper on February 11, 2005)

#6 vp7

vp7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:21 PM

The plexi is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. Have you priced that shit lately?

#7 reefer

reefer

Mod of the Ocean

• Expired Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:44 PM

Check out these portable greenhouses. Might be cheaper and/or easier to work with. They are in the middle of the page.

http://irie.tc/uscic...ion.php?xSec=12

#8 hydrodad

hydrodad

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:02 PM

Yep, I would go cheap. Get some PVC pipe and plastic tarp and build your own box/greenhouse. But I am just that way. I saw a $350 hydro set up for tomato plants at the hydro store, got a general idea of the thing, got smart on the internet, and built my own for $55.

#9 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:01 PM

No kiddin! I have this tent set up that takes up about 90% of my spare bedroom. Just enough room to walk around. I got these cheap ass foldout picnic tables from my aunts garage and bought 2 8'x12' tarps. I've got curtain rods suspended 28" over the middle of tables and the tarp goes right over like a tent. Cheap and effeciant.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!