Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:08 AM

Last night we fucked up big time!
Our pot brownies were WAY too strong.
I made the oil:
Used 8 grams of low-grade weed, grinded in a coffee grounder, simmered in a little over a half cup of corn oil for 20 minutes.
Didn’t filter out the weed; I managed 6 brownies, and a 7th half one--made them in a cupcake tin.

Around--well, shit I can't remember for crap what time it was, but say--7 o'clock, we--6 of us--sit down to have a little meeting before considering the brownies.
"Who here is sober?" the question was asked.
There was a resounding "me" from the group in general, all except from me: I say nothing. Instead, I stand up and inform everybody that, "I'm really fucking high."
Apparently the small amount of batter from off the spoon and from licking the bow, which really wasn't very much, hit me really hard.

If we had been more reasonable: at this point we would have realized that the brownies were potent as shit and we should have maybe only eaten half each. But we went balls-deep, and each ate a full brownie, except me; I only ate maybe 3/4s, the rest of which I gave to someone else.

We all split up.

I head upstairs and continue to play through the desert dungeon in Zelda: Twilight Princess. As I play, the brownies take control. Before I know it, I lose recollection of anything I've just done or am supposed to do in the game: I was suffering from severe short-term memory impairment.
(The entire night from then on is really in a dreamy haze.)
I was literally dealing with a psychological experience of the tripping kind.

I soon get frustrated with the game: completely incapable of playing. I stumble downstairs. For some reason I poured a bowl of raisin bran Total, although I only vaguely remember. But I get distracted and head downstairs.
I sit down on the toilet in the garage, feeling sick.
I remember drifting in and out of a wildly dream-ful sleep, and I remember being glad I wasn't on datura, and about what my friend had said about it--that you could suffer worse-than-death experiences which could fuck with your conscious and subconscious psyche for ever. I tried to imagine what kind of experience that could be, and horrifyingly vivid images and sickening sensations of people killing me rushed through my head--feelings I hadn't felt since dreams I've had as a baby. The feelings were so real that I began shaking with fear. (I still get shivers recalling them.) I got up off the toilet in a hurry and moved into another room and sat on a couch.

I was only there for a few minutes when the nausea sent me running up to the closest suitable suppository: the kitchen sink. The bathroom I had just been in was in use.
I spend the next half an hour cleaning out the sink.
Then I eat the soggy total that I had left out on the table, then sit down in a recliner and try to chill out. The nausea, I find, can only be suppressed if I keep my head tilted a certain way, and eventually my neck gets tired and I have to hurl again, and I do.

I brush my teeth, put on the end of Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade--watch it, turn it off, and fall asleep... (Finally!)

I woke up again around 1 or 2 a.m. I was still high.

So!
We thought a little over a gram would be reasonable per person, since we’d heard that 3 grams each was a hard trip similar to LSD. But I think 4 out of 6 of us got sick and all 6 of us got higher than we wanted to get.
There are a lot of recipes out there; none of the ones we found were very good. If you’re looking to have a crazy experience, about 1.15 grams of weed per person should get you there.

#2 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

Disclaimer about the baby dream bit:
I am a firm believer in reincarnation.
I believe that this one reoccurring dream I used to get as an infant is a flashback to a death in a previous life.
The dream includes feelings of fear of dying, fear of my family dying, a sense of being comforted, being scared by this horrible ominous sound I can't even describe, and the dream always ended in a sudden white, grayish--for lack of a better word, crunch--at which time I feel that I've died and that my loved ones have died. I felt feelings of similar extremes while on the brownies.
If someone out there can give me a better explanation as what this dream could be, I'm all ears. I'd love to have it be something else—(I’m always interested in altering my beliefs with new information. It's already through extensive analysis that I've concluded the possibility of reincarnation.) But I am telling the truth about this dream. I had it many times, and I'm not exaggerating it at all, if anything I'm underplaying the extreme emotions I felt in the dream.

Believe what you will.

#3 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:00 AM

i also believe in reincarnation of sorts. obviously the thing we percieve right now as being 'us', our thoughts memories etc, wont continue into another life, otherwise we could rember things from previous people.

i do believe however that the eternal infinate parts of us, the wisdom, maturity, sixth-sence, feelings, our souls if you will, continue on.

i think also that the only thing that really exists is our minds, by strict definition reality is just our perception. so what you see as this reoccouring dream from a past life could be that, or just a dream, but in essence they are both the same thing

#4 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:36 AM

i think you'll enjoy this..

check it--> Hash Eater MP3 ~ Terence Mckenna

from-->http://www.rinf.com/...nce-Mckenna.htm

#5 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:00 AM

i always like to think of the body as a vessil for our souls, and its our souls that get reincarnated from life to life.
i think life is like where your soul gets to find out what or who it is, as many life times as that may take...
ive had dreams where i felt like i was someone else, and also tripped thinking similar things, but then again, you are dreaming...

this one time i had de ja vous, i was downtown with a couple people and i started seeing things i could remember. i almost knew what was going to happen, i acutally said outloud that i was having de ja vous and told a friend that a blue bus was going to drive past the other side of a building that we were in front of, and the damn bus drove by a few seconds later. we were both stunned, i still have no idea how i could have knew..
ive had a couple more intense de ja vous situations like these, it almost feels like a common feeling to me.

have you ever heard about lucid dreaming? you can start to control what you dream about, what you do in your dream, who your with, etc...
ive been able to do it a couple times, but you really need to have a good deep sleep, at least i do..
you should check it out, its really intresting stuff...

ANYWAYS...
what recepie did you use to make those brownies??!?!
ive made some a few times and they were cool but it was nothing like that.
the pot you used wasnt that dank?

#6 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:08 AM

Hacksaw’s tasty CannaButter recipe
Use your crock-pot; start off on high (@300 degrees F) with 2 cups of water per stick and 1/3 of butter. This will yield about a stick or a bit more (1/2 cup) because some is lost during the filtering process.
Now add the bud -- in this case about a quarter of finely chopped prime outdoor AK47 cross. Don't forget those stems as they contribute too! You can use up to a ½ oz of bud per stick, or even more trim -- up to 2 or more ozs. Just be SURE to increase the water as you increase the amount of plant material.
Cook on high, stirring and mashing occasionally, for about 3 hours. Then reduce the heat to low (@ 150 degrees F) for a further 3 more hours. This will yield a dark oily liquid with the wet mass of leaf material mixed in.
To separate the plant matter, go to Walmart (or any fabric store) and purchase a length of cheesecloth -- it is cheap. Attach a TRIPLE LAYER of cheesecloth to a plastic cup large enough to hold the entire contents of the crock-pot -- be SURE the cup is large enough BEFORE you begin to pour!
Try to pour just the liquid through the cheesecloth, but invariably, some plant matter will fall onto the cloth -- no worries -- keep pouring. When all of the liquid is poured, use a wooden spoon or something similar and SLIGHTLY mash the plant matter in the pot and the top of the cheesecloth to squeeze as much butter as you can out of the material.... DO NOT SQEEZE TOO MUCH... just a bit... too much squeezing will put WAY TOO MUCH nasty MJ taste into the butter and WILL NOT improve the potency!
Set the cup in the refrigerator (NOT the freezer!) for a couple of hours -- the butter will gradually rise to the top of the water and harden into a greenish cake. Doing a good job of filtering will reduce the green shade, approaching a yellow, butter like color. This is GOOD!
Note this fresh, hot batch, I find that a pasta keeper is the best thing to use because it gradually widens toward the top -- this allows for easier removal.
Once the butter is VERY firm, take the cup out and stand over your sink. Hold your one hand over the top of the cup and invert the cup. The plug of butter will stay in the cup and hold the water in as well. Squeeze the sides of the cup (this is WHY you use a PLASTIC cup to begin with!) in the wastewater area, to coax the butter plug out the top. Carefully rinse any silty green slime off of the bottom of the butter plug -- this stuff is NASTY and contributes 90% of the icky taste.
If care was taken, the view form the ‘water side’ of the plug should yield similar to the one shown.
Here’s the 'air side' view of the same plug up close. You will never be able to clear the dark green color caused by the minute solution-suspended particles of plant matter (if you do, PLEASE share with me!), but the golden color edge is almost completely clear of the green matter -- ideal.
And finally, a shot of the cake re-melted (about 30 seconds to 1 min in the microwave) and ready for use in your favorite recipe! Even though the liquid has a dark green cast to it, it’s still almost free of plant matter... Enjoy!
################################################## ################################

lol just to clear up the begining, water boils at 212*F so this guys temps are way off. just simmer some water on low/medium then follow hs directions.
cheesecloth can be found in grocery stores in the cooking utensils section.

#7 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:19 AM

cool, thanks!
:rasta:

#8 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

Well, it was from a 100$ ounce, originally; not too great quality, but it will definitely get you high.
All I did was buy a box of brownie mix and simmered the ground weed in the required half cup of oil for 20-30 minutes. I let it cool before adding to the rest of the batter.
Also, we only made 6 ½ brownies. They were pretty concentrated, I guess.

#9 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:48 PM

i think you'll enjoy this..

check it--> Hash Eater MP3 ~ Terence Mckenna

from-->http://www.rinf.com/...nce-Mckenna.htm

So, 30 grams of hasheesh gave him that experience. We consumed just under that each. 8 tbls equals a half cup, and 1 tbls of oil equals 25 grams.

#10 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

did you split up an ounce between people? cos you cant get near 30 grams from just 28 grams of weed.
ive got some incredably dank pot, i was thinking of using some of that stuff..
:puke:

#11 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

I meant 25g of pot oil each, inside each brownie.
No, we had an ounce of weed originally, and used 8 grams of it for one box of brownies split 6 ways.

#12 manjotar

manjotar

Disciple of Boognish

• Expired Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

"I was only there for a few minutes when the nausea sent me running up to the closest suitable suppository: the kitchen sink."

ouch, that is one hell of a suppository.
you must've had trouble walking...

#13 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

Ya, I wasn't even really aware of my walking. I would liken it to when you're really, really drunk, to the point where you're not self aware anymore, but still manage to move about. I remember cleaning the sink, and in retrospect, it reminds me of times when I've sheepishly--fumbling in a drunken stupor--cleaned the toilet after hurling from a night of binge drinking.

#14 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

I'll tell ya the last time I made brownies...4 yrs ago when I lived on the left coast..I loved all 20 hours of it...1/4 OZ of some good Humboldt County bud...ground in a coke grinder and mixed with Betty Crocker w/walnuts....Damn I miss the smoke from out west...yes I do!

#15 manjotar

manjotar

Disciple of Boognish

• Expired Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

oh, so you puked in the sink...
i was thinking:
A suppository is a drug delivery system that is inserted either into the rectum (rectal suppository), vagina (vaginal suppository) or urethra (urethral suppository) where it dissolves. They are used to deliver both systemically-acting and locally-acting medications.

#16 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:43 PM

"I was only there for a few minutes when the nausea sent me running up to the closest suitable suppository: the kitchen sink."
ouch, that is one hell of a suppository.
you must've had trouble walking...

LOL

"I felt suddenly ill, so I jumped up to find something to cram into my ass."

All joking aside, I had a similar too-strong brownie experience. My whole body went numb, my breathing got shallow. I think I almost passed out. My roommate was pretty worried.

#17 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

Ya, the suppository made me throw up.
I guess I meant depository? I should have just said I threw up in the fucking sink.
God, I should stop kidding my self, trying to sound smart. :P

#18 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

Damnit! That mistake's going to bother me forever! Malapropism

#19 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Heh heh... no worries man. Just within this last year I realized that I've been doing that a lot. Now I keep a dictionary handy and my vocabulary is getting stronger.

What the hell is malapropism? ::Looks it up:: Well I'll be damned.

Example from dictionary: "Lead the way and we'll precede."

#20 infinity

infinity

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:01 PM

I was given a really potent brownie a couple of weeks ago. I never thought I could get so uncomfortable from eating it. I was so high that the whole room looked like it was conducting electricity. My heart rate was out of control. I wont eat a whole brownie anymore unless I make it. Otherwise, I will eat 1/2 and then wait, but never a whole brownie with unknown potency.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!